Stock to Sense 5

Search This thread

EmilVee

Nov 29, 2010
I'm trying to update my Evita phone to the newest Sense 5 OTA. Currently, I'm on 4.0.3. I've modified the **** out of this phone previously, I have SuperCID and the bootloader is unlocked, but I flashed a RUU before I gave it to my brother and now the hboot is at 1.01.0000. Radio is 0.15.3201.09. Phone is currently unrooted. I'm wondering what my options are now.

I have the OTApkg for the Sense 5 update, but when I try to apply it in stock recovery, I get an error like this:
IMG_20140202_212731362.jpg

Note that I did do this on stock recovery and did not wipe beforehand. Not sure if it makes a difference, but based on the error, I think I may have to update to a newer stock version for it to work? I'm not 100% certain, but I figured I'd put this out there before I did anything further to avoid messing things up. I'd appreciate some quick help on this. Thanks!

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I flashed a RUU before I gave it to my brother and now the hboot is at 1.01.0000. Radio is 0.15.3201.09. Phone is currently unrooted. I'm wondering what my options are now.

That hboot and radio number are really old. It was actually a leak before the phone was even released. That is a pretty weird RUU to have flashed.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but based on the error, I think I may have to update to a newer stock version for it to work?

It absolutely makes a difference. The phone needs to be up to date in order for the OTA to install. OTAs often do not have all modules present (such as hboot modules). They just include what has been changed since the previous OTAs. Meaning if the OTA had actually installed (on your device which is missing several OTAs), you probably would have bricked your phone.

You need to update to 3.18 before you can install the Sense 5 update.

Last edited: