Awesome news for T-Mobile!

Search This thread

ihidbehindmusic

Mar 19, 2010
Undisclosed
A little bird told me starting on the 28th JUMP will no longer have a 6 month (180 day) waiting period to upgrade! You will also be able to upgrade an UN-Limited number of times per year!

Also, the international calling plan will change for the better, allowing better rates for calling to cell phones. I'll update this when I learn more.
Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

effortless

Feb 11, 2007
Philadelphia
The catch is you have to have paid 50% of your eip balance. It's actually worse than every 6 months. People already signed up for jump are granfathered in unless they stop and restart JUMP.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: menacke

ihidbehindmusic

Mar 19, 2010
Undisclosed
The catch is you have to have paid 50% of your eip balance. It's actually worse than every 6 months. People already signed up for jump are granfathered in unless they stop and restart JUMP.

You are almost right, T-Mobile will only pay off half of the EIP balance. So you are right, but just a little off.

IRIE4IPIER

Feb 25, 2009
A little bird told me starting on the 28th JUMP will no longer have a 6 month (180 day) waiting period to upgrade! You will also be able to upgrade an UN-Limited number of times per year!

Also, the international calling plan will change for the better, allowing better rates for calling to cell phones. I'll update this when I learn more.

I would say the first part about the Jump program is true but not the 2nd. It would be a bad business model and money loser for T-Mobile to allow any and everyone to upgrade unlimited times a year. The only way I could see this happen is if they reward their customers who have been here through all the BS like me, Ive been with T-Mobile since 2003, but I doubt it.

ihidbehindmusic

Mar 19, 2010
Undisclosed
Well you can keep your grandfathered features, but customers always have unrealistic expectations. Not saying that yours are. And I would read post #6 in this thread, it kinda helps explain how the changes work. I honestly prefer the original JUMP plan.

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010
Appears that the initial jump program might be better.

posted while using my note 3

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
So 2 questions...
1 is the 50% cost based on price new or current value?

2 will grandfathered customers be required to enter the new terms upon a JUMP into a new phone with EIP?

ihidbehindmusic

Mar 19, 2010
Undisclosed
So 2 questions...
1 is the 50% cost based on price new or current value?

2 will grandfathered customers be required to enter the new terms upon a JUMP into a new phone with EIP?

It would be half of purchased price.

Well I would assume not, if an account already has JUMP on it, we upgrade your phone through a separate system built for JUMP. If I find out differently I'll update the thread accordingly.

willxander3

Apr 28, 2010
Any ideas how the international call to cell phone will be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow...talk about never ending EIP balance.

Well you can keep your grandfathered features, but customers always have unrealistic expectations. Not saying that yours are. And I would read post #6 in this thread, it kinda helps explain how the changes work. I honestly prefer the original JUMP plan.

Thank god for being grandfathered in. Was an early adaptor.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk