Issues with my AW-414

Search This thread

shideneyu

Apr 21, 2014
Hi, I have bought a AW-414 from a chinese reseller and I have ton of issues with it. I'm struggling with it for a month now :silly:
I'm glad that I found this forum, it enlights my hopes.

Device: AW-414
Changes made to stock firmware (if any): I factory resetted the settings with the factory mode
What OS is on your PC if your PC was used: Linux Mint 14 / Windows 7
Issue: My bluetooth doesn't detect any devices (It does work on the chinese factory mode, but not using the android menu), I got a random boot loop that prevents my watch from being used more than 2 minutes, and my AW-414 freeze when I try to make a call.

Steps Taken: I... did a factory reset. I lost my IMEIs. I didn't know what to do at that time. I followed the tutorial to set two new IMEI of some old crappy phones that I had instead, it worked (I don't have Unknown IMEI anymore), but it didn't resolve any of my problems.
I'd like to replace my firmware, because I think that it is software related, it is my only hope :crying:
Therefore, I followed the tutorial throughfully.
I'm stucked to this step:
Go to the folder where your firmware is located and select the "scatter.txt"

1) I don't know which firmware to download.
I guess I'll take the latest TEST_RELEASE_Omate_2100_TrueSmart_20140314, but it is mentionned that it may have a critical security breach? Or should I take the XTCHOU WAVE-Android4.2.2-TecSync-20131216 ? What are the differences and what is your advice please?

But it may be too early to pick one of those since... :

-> I don't have a scatter.txt. The one of my watch is empty (probably because of my factory reset mistake...). Using the adb console shell, "cat /proc/mtd" renders only "dev: size erasesize name"

How should I do?

MtkToolsInformations:

Hardware : MT6572
Model : B101
Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
Build date UTC : 20140108-101154
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/14 18:16
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (ocean@ocean-desktop) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Wed Jan 8 18:09:06 CST 2014
Uboot build v : -----
LCD Driver IC : 1-s6d04d2x01

I hope I wasn't too long, I got high hopes, you may be the last hope for my watch. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Both firmware you are looking at are the wrong ones to be using. ALL 512/4 devices should be using the EU 512/4 working sensors firmware. After that you will want to patch it.

If after flashing the firmware and running the patch it still does not detect any BT devices then you have a bad BT antenna or the connector has come lose.

shideneyu

Apr 21, 2014
Both firmware you are looking at are the wrong ones to be using. ALL 512/4 devices should be using the EU 512/4 working sensors firmware. After that you will want to patch it.

If after flashing the firmware and running the patch it still does not detect any BT devices then you have a bad BT antenna or the connector has come lose.

Thanks, what about the scatter.txt file? Should I still use mine which is nearly empty?

I don't want to brick my watch. Could you provide a scatter.txt file for a AW-414 someone please?

Last edited:

shideneyu

Apr 21, 2014
I'll try this evening to flash my watch with my empty scatter.txt then, I hope it will work
What do you think?

(sorry for the double post, I'm a bit stucked)

shideneyu

Apr 21, 2014
EU 2100 512/4 working sensors means ALL EU 2100 512/4 no matter what brand name is on it. So all you need to do is download the firmware and flash it.

I tried to flash it, I didn't succeed. It was stuck at the red bar "Download: 100%". I waited 6 minute, I then canceled the flashing by clicking on the cancel icon. I retried, I got the red bar "Download: 100%", and I now have an error popup which displays: "BROM ERROR : S_FT_DA_NO_RESPONSE (4001)
DA didn't send response data to FlashTool! [hint]:"

So, I can't go on, it stops the flashing.

In order to flash it, I removed the battery, otherwise Flash_Tool.exe wouldn't even consider detecting the watch (when the watch is off), because there was the charging logo instead. Between, I installed the good drivers, followed the tutorial step by step thoroughly, and used the good EU 512-4 2100 20140120 working sensors.zip version.

Do you know what to do please :s ?

Thanks you very much for your help, otherwise I would be lost

Last edited:

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Something was missed in the steps or otherwise Flash Tools would have started flashing as soon as you hit the "OK" button to turn off the watch.

The 4001 error is usually associated with loss of data connection between the watch and the PC. That is usually caused by two things. Either the dock has issues or that back is not seated correctly.

Disconnect the dock from the computer
Have Flash Tool ready to flash the watch (select the "Download" button)
Put the battery in watch
Put the watch in the dock
Connect the dock to the PC
Flash Tool should almost immediately start flashing

If this fails, remove the watch from the dock and gently lift the pins in the dock and try again.

shideneyu

Apr 21, 2014
Something was missed in the steps or otherwise Flash Tools would have started flashing as soon as you hit the "OK" button to turn off the watch.

The 4001 error is usually associated with loss of data connection between the watch and the PC. That is usually caused by two things. Either the dock has issues or that back is not seated correctly.

Put the battery in watch

If this fails, remove the watch from the dock and gently lift the pins in the dock and try again.

IT WORKS !!!!! :victory: Thanks you so much... !
I had to disable quick boot first, otherwise, it was charging the watch instead of getting the connection with the computer :laugh:

So, I got the new firmware, and new softwares, and miraculuously, there isn't the boot loop anymore, that's fabulous !

Thanks you so much :laugh:!

shideneyu

Apr 21, 2014
Indeed.

I got everything working now... excepting that my Bluetooth range is... less than 2 meters :eek:
I can't pass a call with bluetooth, my headphones transmits only bribes of conversation and my correspondent fails to hear me, unless I bring my wrist to my ears :mad:

And my Wifi is pretty poor as well, I detect only 3-4 hotspots (and with poor range) out of 20 available to my laptop.
And my wifi detects a hotspot named [NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10]; after googling, it seems that it is due to lost IMEI, but that is not the case anymore, I got two brand new IMEI.

Anyways, I don't have any guarantee for this watch, long story, but this is because I bought it using an unknown show resaller.

Do you think that I can try to fix it myself by opening the watch, and see if the antennas are correctly wired ?

Edit: On which side of the strap is there the bt/wifi antenna pls?

Last edited:

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Do not flash 512/4 2100 on anything but a 512/4 2100. Do not flash 1/8 1900 on anything but a 1/8 1900.

@shideneyu
So on your 512/4 if you are having BT issues it is one of two things. Defective antenna or the BT/WiFi connector is loose or damaged. The BT/WiFi antenna is on the same side as the speaker.

Last edited:

shideneyu

Apr 21, 2014
[...]

@shideneyu
So on your 512/4 if you are having BT issues it is one of two things. Defective antenna or the BT/WiFi connector is loose or damaged. The BT/WiFi antenna is on the same side as the speaker.

Well, I couldn't succeed unscrewing the watch to get a look on the wrist. I don't think I can do anything about it, even if I succeed to unscrew it anyways.

Besides, for an entire day, I got no reboot, nor boot loop. But for the first time, after that I shut down the watch, it now reboot hazardously, for no reason.

I flashed it again, and it worked again for an other day. After that I shut it down again, it began boot looping again :mad:

What should I do? Should I use your security patch in order to get it works fluently ?

I also disabled quick boot, but to no avail... I'm gonna flash it again, I hope that I won't have to do that everyday

Last edited:

shideneyu

Apr 21, 2014
So after a flash to stock and with no apps installed you are still getting boot loop issues? I think the watch may be going bad.

Lokifish Marz, oooh, I may now understand, I each time installed random apps from google play store (that I also installed), do you think that that may be why ?
I will reflash tomorrow (as now it is unusable, as it is rebooting and rebooting in loop) and wait three days without any app installed to test if it truely happen because of that.

Reactions: Lokifish Marz

shideneyu

Apr 21, 2014
I don't understand at all, I just flashed it, and less than 5 minutes after the first boot, it suddenly rebooted. Then I got the usual loopboot :crying:

Last but not least, I notice that before rebooting, when I finally succeed to be in the android menu, the FPS dropps, it animation becomes slow (when I try to do anything)

THIS HAS to be a product defect, but how do you explain that in factory mode, it doesn't boot loop??! :confused:

Anyways, I am lost. I got a watch that I can do nothing with...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Put the battery in watch

Glad you got it working. The "disable quickboot" step is required and is often skipped.
    So after a flash to stock and with no apps installed you are still getting boot loop issues? I think the watch may be going bad.

Lokifish Marz, oooh, I may now understand, I each time installed random apps from google play store (that I also installed), do you think that that may be why ?
    I will reflash tomorrow (as now it is unusable, as it is rebooting and rebooting in loop) and wait three days without any app installed to test if it truely happen because of that.