How to root my new Note 2 i317 AT&T with 4.1.2 update?

Search This thread

nizmoz

Jun 18, 2010
I am having difficulty finding the thread here and I saw a few websites but not sure if I trust them. What is the best method, how-to for someone that has never rooted an android device before (done many iphones). Any good picture step-by-step procedures anywhere?

Thanks guys. I searched but had a hard time finding it here vs Google. Here is one I found, but unsure about it.

http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-easiest-method/

nizmoz

Jun 18, 2010
Thanks but that doesn't look like a step-by-step instructions on what I was looking for. :/

nizmoz

Jun 18, 2010
I still don't see instructions anywhere on that page on how to do this root. Pretty sad I am getting better responses on other Android sites than this one. Plus what I do see is his rom has issues with 4.1.2 update.

Last edited:

Gvndeb60

Dec 20, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
I still don't see instructions anywhere on that page on how to do this root. Pretty sad I am getting better responses on other Android sites than this one. Plus what I do see is his rom has issues with 4.1.2 update.

You amaze me but I will try one more time to help.

Look at the link I gave you in post 2. Download the app in post 1 of that thread. Install it and follow the instructions from that thread. They are there and detailed. You press a few buttons and are rooted. There is no ROM on that thread.

I say this in all seriousness and am not trying to be mean, but you need to stop and think before you move forward. If you are having trouble reading this thread and the one I linked to you, then you probably don't understand what to do without causing damage. Read, read, read, read, and then read some more before you go any further. There are also numerous threads in this forum giving detailed step by step instructions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

UrbanLagoon

Dec 13, 2012
If you are having trouble understanding All those easy steps that are laid out for you. You should do research before rooting. Some things include learning what you can do when you root your device. It won't take long if you have some background in editing your phone system. But by the looks of it your going to seriously mess up your phone. And even if you are getting better responses on other sites. If you don't learn to respect people here you will be confused because every site that talks about rooting or provides a rom will lead you back here. This community is huge so learn to embrace and read threads before attacking our fellow members.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

just_visiting

Aug 14, 2008
Vancouver
I am having difficulty finding the thread here and I saw a few websites but not sure if I trust them. What is the best method, how-to for someone that has never rooted an android device before (done many iphones). Any good picture step-by-step procedures anywhere?

Thanks guys. I searched but had a hard time finding it here vs Google. Here is one I found, but unsure about it.

http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-note-2-easiest-method/

http://galaxynote2root.com/

just follow the video and you're good to go.

nizmoz

Jun 18, 2010
I did the root, but removed it since it broke my camera. So I need a root that does not break my camera and that doesn't require replacing those files as I saw online many not recommending it.

spycedtx

Oct 19, 2009
I did the root, but removed it since it broke my camera. So I need a root that does not break my camera and that doesn't require replacing those files as I saw online many not recommending it.

Do the root by itself. Don't patch the exploit, as that's what appears to break the camera. I believe there's an option to undo the patch.

-----
I would love to help you, but help yourself first: ask a better question
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

wargear

Jun 12, 2012
pensacola fla
http://galaxynote2root.com/

just follow the video and you're good to go.

Simple easy to follow took less than 5 minutes... as opposed to my htc inspire 4g which was a pain in the ass! Before you root anything ask whats the design goal..identify the risks and BACKUP everything and make sure you know how to restore it! Lots of incredibly talented folks here it's ok to not know what your doing but not ok to not know who to ask before bulling ahead and making an expensive mistake!

Last edited:

technut

May 6, 2007
TAMPA,FL
Simple easy to follow took less than 5 minutes... as opposed to my htc inspire 4g which was a pain in the ass! Before you root anything ask whats the design goal..identify the risks and BACKUP everything and make sure you know how to restore it! Lots of incredibly talented folks here it's ok to not know what your doing but not ok to not know who to ask before bulling ahead and making an expensive mistake!

Can I get an amen as to how far we have come from flashing the HTC inspire!!!!! What a pain in the arse that phone was to manipulate.S off,gold card,radio/matching ril etc,etc,etc.....lol,lol,lol

UCLAKoolman

Dec 6, 2011
Maybe this is a dumb question, but people say to backup your device before you root. I thought that making nandroid or titanium backups required root... So how does one restore to an unrooted device without first rooting?

just_visiting

Aug 14, 2008
Vancouver
Maybe this is a dumb question, but people say to backup your device before you root. I thought that making nandroid or titanium backups required root... So how does one restore to an unrooted device without first rooting?

I've never done any sort of backups prior to rooting any phones in the last 3 yrs. Everything u need to unroot are available online.

planoman

Nov 30, 2010
Plano, Texas

Probably not before rooting. Using the Exynos Abuse apk, you will root in 5 seconds. It will put Super user on your phone and you can get Titanium Backup and then backup all user and system apps to your SD card etc. You can then debloat apps etc. You should probably uninstall the app with TB and keep it for a few days to make sure your phones works properly before deleting the app. Before flashing a ROM you should always backup incase something goes wrong you have something to flash back to.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now is this how we start the new year off....OP the information has been provided, just take your time and do your homework, give attention to detail, so you do not wrong your device.

Other Members just provide as you have done, and no need to bash, Thank You all.
    Can't get any easier.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050297

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Search before jumping and make sure you are good with returning to stock. All of this info is in the forums already.
    I rooted using CFRoot just fine. No issues and it took literally 30 seconds