General Issues & Bugs

Search This thread

phi11ip

May 23, 2011
I haven't seen any threads like this so decided it would probably be a good idea to get one going of all the minor gripes we have or bugs that we've encountered as I've already seen a few. I'm not sure if HTC do have a researcher scouring the net for threads like these to try and find out what the general masses think, but one can only hope...

+ LED notification is absolutely rubbish.
My phone is next to my Hero today as the numbers are being ported and I just received an email to my Gmail. With the phone lying vertically under my screen I could barely see the flash from the Sensation (to the extent that I'd already missed one mail) whereas the Hero was flashing away in all it's beauty to let me know.

+ Phone rebooted when taking a photo.
I've only taken a few pics on here, but after taking one of the dog last night with the flash on, the phone instantly turned off and completely rebooted. Maybe it's a one off, but it definitely wasn't good! Will have to keep an eye out for this happening again.

+ Trace seems a bit hit and miss.
I used Swype on my Hero so am assuming I just need to learn how to use the new one. I'll have to work on that one myself although it may be a case of training the phone not to pick out the most obscure word possible when all I want is to spell "hello".

I haven't really used it enough to spot any others, but I'm intrigued as to what other issues people seem to be finding.

...and on a side note I'm really, really missing the trackball that's on my Hero. Selecting text is so sensitive and I keep catching the wrong bit. I feel quite sad letting the little guy go. He's served me so well!! It does feel like a toy now when I go back to it. Lo-res and chunky!

sjgore

Aug 18, 2010
West Yorkshire, UK
Good call, I was thinking of such a thread myself.

+ LED notification is absolutely rubbish

Completely agree.

+ Phone rebooted when taking a photo.
+ Trace seems a bit hit and miss.

Can't say I've had either of these. Have taken a lot of photos and about half a dozen 1080p videos, everything seems very stable.

Allow me to add a bug to the list:

+ No shutter button or menu options on camera.
If you have a lock pattern set up, dragging the camera icon into the ring on the lockscreen results in the camera app loading, but there is no user interface. You can see the camera's view, but there is no shutter button or options or anything else to interact with. However, the camera app is fine if accessed as normal from the home screen or app drawer.

Omicron90

Dec 7, 2010
West Sussex
Is trace supposed to learn from your usage to better predict words in the future?

I agree on the trackball, I used to have a HTC Magic and selecting text is a lot harder now!

Omicron90

Dec 7, 2010
West Sussex
If you have a lock pattern set up, dragging the camera icon into the ring on the lockscreen results in the camera app loading, but there is no user interface. You can see the camera's view, but there is no shutter button or options or anything else to interact with. However, the camera app is fine if accessed as normal from the home screen or app drawer.

I had noticed this; I guess it will be fixed in future updates.

everyday48

May 20, 2011
Calendar is not sync with Google calendar. Sync setting is on, mail, contact, Picasa, calendar are selected. Only calendar is not working. Is this a bug or Google's problem?

Anyone also this problem? How to fix it? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

Stan3k

Jul 11, 2008

This is quite annoying. I really like the idea of quick access to the camera, if it actually worked.

Lazzzara

Jun 21, 2009
Cardiff/Bristol
www.twitter.com
I don't have this issue with the camera. I did change some of the shortcuts though and may have re-added the camera one myself. Try that, see if it fixes it.
Edit: oh wait, I see what you mean. Only happens when you have a pattern lock...

Trace is useless. I used Shapewriter on my Nexus and it was amazing, but keyboards don't scale well to higher res. Plus it's been off the market for a year, so I'm not holding out much hope for a qHD version.

m1r4j91

Nov 16, 2010
Vodafone ROM - Has no rosie launcher (like stock rom), I dont actually use the pattern lock, but i have seen the error with the camera launcher, this is a problem too, possibly we may see a fix for this and others with a minor update.

phi11ip

May 23, 2011
The LED is rubbish, actually borderline pointless. I've not seen it flash once today despite receiving about 5-6 emails. Maybe if the phone is actually facing you in a holder then it would show, but otherwise it may as well not exist.

PygoShlee

Aug 20, 2010
For some reason my signal seems pretty sketchy on the Sensation. I usually have full at home, but if i'm holding it sometimes I get nothing :confused:

agent.m

Aug 16, 2006
leeds
djagentm.blogspot.com
For some reason my signal seems pretty sketchy on the Sensation. I usually have full at home, but if i'm holding it sometimes I get nothing :confused:

glad im not the only one then. might be the sim. im not a vodafone expert as im a new customer but everyone at vodafone are shocked when i say i dont get a good signal. dont want to take phone back or should i say i dont want to change network.

PygoShlee

Aug 20, 2010
glad im not the only one then. might be the sim. im not a vodafone expert as im a new customer but everyone at vodafone are shocked when i say i dont get a good signal. dont want to take phone back or should i say i dont want to change network.

Just hope its not another iPhone problem.

"Urmm sorry your holding your phone wrong, hence signal problems.."

Lazzzara

Jun 21, 2009
Cardiff/Bristol
www.twitter.com

I'm having no issues with signal /:

Just tried holding it in a ton of different ways, stays constant at 2 bars of HSPA in my living room.

Bratag

Apr 1, 2006

I had issues with reception on Tmobile US with another phone. Turned out to be an old SIM. Replacement fixed the issue. Just my 2c worth

Reactions: agent.m

Scatcho

May 24, 2011
Sound with video

Has anyone experienced a problem where sound from video cuts out after a short time?

I'm having the issue when playing through the speaker and headphones, on different files and when using different media players.

If I forward the video on slightly the sound returns, almost as if the sound output is going to sleep with inactivity.

everyday48

May 20, 2011
Another bug, added few apps on homepage, those apps icon are changed to Android green icon after restarted the phone.

Maybe this problem is caused by moved apps to SD card. I don't know.

Bratag

Apr 1, 2006
Another bug, added few apps on homepage, those apps icon are changed to Android green icon after restarted the phone.

Maybe this problem is caused by moved apps to SD card. I don't know.

That would be the case. When you create a shortcut it creates a link to a resource on the phone. When you move that resource you get the default icon instead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone figured out a way to share/email multiple pictures at a time?
    On the mytouch 3g running froyo, a long click on a thumbnail would bring up little check boxes, and I could select multiple images and attach them all in one email. I can't find a multiple selection option on the Sensation.

Go to gallery open up the folder of the desired pics then hit the share icon select Gmail then it gives the multiple select option

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

I had issues with reception on Tmobile US with another phone. Turned out to be an old SIM. Replacement fixed the issue. Just my 2c worth
    My signal jumps up and down all the time and sometimes nothing at all for ages. As a new Voda customer could that be the sim card?

Other repeatable fault that we all be concerned about is that I cant take more than a few pics before the phone shuts down. I can repeat this at will. Talking to the show about the replacing the handset but I think it's going to be software. Not really prepared to wait months for HTC to fix a £500+ handset.
    To get the temperature you can also do that (it works on every android handset):
    Open dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*
    Then tap Battery Information and it should say the temperature on the bottom.
    Even with the auto rotation off, the carousel of browser windows will rotated if you switch to horizontal and vice versa