[Q]Com.carrieriq.tmobile. is it safe to remove?

Search This thread

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
Hi I'm rooted is it safe to remove this app System Manager Application (com.carrieriq.tmobile)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Hi I'm rooted is it safe to remove this app System Manager Application (com.carrieriq.tmobile)

Ouch, I wasn't aware that the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 had CarrierIQ, the battery-draining performance-sapping privacy-invader.

I came from the Sprint Galaxy S2, and there was a fairly involved mod to remove it.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1286783

Hopefully one of our ROM devs here can work the same magic.

Reactions: oreoleo
K

Killbynature

Did you flash a Rom? Because I believe its only in the stock Rom. juggernaunt Rom doesn't have this process.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

K

Killbynature

I don't see your using titanium back up omit guessing these are the only com. Processes I have are these

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1320894390421.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1320894390421.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 966

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
Yes but its not going to go to booth
loop

K

Killbynature

I think he means boot loop.

K

Killbynature

If your root i suggest making a nandroid backup. Then use titanium back up to remove the process.

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
I know its just don't know if its going to boot loop. Because this **** steals everything from us.

K

Killbynature

I told you make a nandroid back up and remove the process with titanium backup. If its boot loops. Remove the battery and restore your back up from clockwork recovery.

ApexZeph

Sep 12, 2011
North Bay
I froze it with titanium with no negative effects so far. When I had an evo3D I had a kernel that blocked it completely from communicating with the network and even if installed again it would be unable to connect to anything. Any developers know of a way to get this done with our phones?

For all of those unaware of carrierIQ its a logging program for usage stats run by a company hired to get user stats for carriers. Its methods are extremely intrusive it can read KEYPRESS logs as well as has access to just about every scrap of data on your phone. Do a Google search. Big brother stuff.

K

Killbynature

I froze it with titanium with no negative effects so far. When I had an evo3D I had a kernel that blocked it completely from communicating with the network and even if installed again it would be unable to connect to anything. Any developers know of a way to get this done with our phones?

For all of those unaware of carrierIQ its a logging program for usage stats run by a company hired to get user stats for carriers. Its methods are extremely intrusive it can read KEYPRESS logs as well as has access to just about every scrap of data on your phone. Do a Google search. Big brother stuff.

it isn't in the juggernaunt rom i believe the developers already removed the process. the evo 3d has a locked boot loader. Samsung does not like i said try removing it with Titanium back up if it fails well nandroid. I'm actually looking in titanium back up myself. You can actually download the roms and open with 7zip or winrar go to system and see if its there.

Sep 27, 2011

Did you reboot? Is it all good?

Top Liked Posts