STUPID Sense 3.6 you suck!!!!!!

Search This thread

knifeproz

Apr 22, 2010
what exactly do you not like about sense, or think that HTC has made worse. I'm not taking sides, just wanted to know what those things are! I havn't upgraded myself yet, but was wondering. a list would be awesome ;) Thanks.

Personally: The lockscreen - you're stuck with one choice. A stupid ring...what if I don't like it? too bad htc says. the transitions; where are the choices? you are a big time company, i prefer using Go launcher because it has more of those, and there are customizable lock screens. you can't even change the theme much; its just the back ground color and the backlight of hitting a button.

In my opinion; the only thing that's good is sense 4.0 - which only one device is getting. thats the only good sense that i've seen, and yet that might be crap too (at least in my opinion).

I know many love sense and hate AOSP, but it's really prefference i guess. I love aosp because i can do what i want with my device..change how i wanna navigate, where i wanna navigate and when, not have it set for me and adapt to it even if i don't like it. that's my 2 cents.

Reactions: mznatnat

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
I have to echo the sentiments.
Android 4.0 with Sense is utter trash.

The biggest add ons were browser , People (contacts dialer) , Keyboard , and Camera/Gallery.
None of those features are in this and HTCs are all inferior or downright trashy.

pavoid

Mar 7, 2012
Houston
I wanted all the ics blueness. Sense 3.6 has been neutered of the blueness.

For shame HTC. For shame.

I figure once a senseless rom is made I will learn how to root my Amaze and do that.

In the meantime aesthetics aside I like this ics leak alright. It seems better than the previous.

aj_2423

Sep 21, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
The debate about sense vs aosp has got to be one of the most pointless discussions that for some reason gets brought up every day! its a damn matter of opinion. Theres no need for people to go around to different threads and state "sense sucks, sense is garbage" or "aosp sucks, aosp is garbage"... I love sense, some love aosp, (and well for some reason some love ios hehe). And thats great, good for u, but nobody cares that u think sense is trash.. or vise versa, so stop clogging up threads with worthless comments like that. Thanks. Good day now!

Sent from my NRGized amaze
Via XDA premium

pavoid

Mar 7, 2012
Houston
The debate about sense vs aosp has got to be one of the most pointless discussions that for some reason gets brought up every day! its a damn matter of opinion. Theres no need for people to go around to different threads and state "sense sucks, sense is garbage" or "aosp sucks, aosp is garbage"... I love sense, some love aosp, (and well for some reason some love ios hehe). And thats great, good for u, but nobody cares that u think sense is trash.. or vise versa, so stop clogging up threads with worthless comments like that. Thanks. Good day now!

Via XDA

Edited by MOD:

I'm a MOD. Is there a problem? No arguing, baiting, flaming, or drama.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mznatnat
G

glacierguy

GB AOSP is boring... ICS 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 AOSP is super icy and sexy. Sense always looks the same

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Sense 3.6

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC

Via XDA premium

It sucks. Deal with it.
It outlived its usefulness after the Hero. It can't be turned off or removed and has less features than the pieces it replaces. The apps I mentioned are
vastly inferior period.
Fragmentation and horrible skin layovers like sense have been a problem for Android that are only getting worse. Lock screen widgets etc could all be added without getting in the way of stock Android. It doesn't so by default it sucks.

kazukun_89

Apr 2, 2012
Personally: The lockscreen - you're stuck with one choice. A stupid ring...what if I don't like it? too bad htc says. the transitions; where are the choices? you are a big time company, i prefer using Go launcher because it has more of those, and there are customizable lock screens. you can't even change the theme much; its just the back ground color and the backlight of hitting a button.

In my opinion; the only thing that's good is sense 4.0 - which only one device is getting. thats the only good sense that i've seen, and yet that might be crap too (at least in my opinion).

I know many love sense and hate AOSP, but it's really prefference i guess. I love aosp because i can do what i want with my device..change how i wanna navigate, where i wanna navigate and when, not have it set for me and adapt to it even if i don't like it. that's my 2 cents.

You were right. I wants to use a phone with all of the choices I want. But a one way device, means you interact and you cannot do what you want. That why it sucks

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
So? He is allowed to post his opinions about others opinions just as you are about his? You just did the same thing he did. You don't think he should post his opinions and he doesn't think others should post theirs. The fact of the matter is that you're both posting opinion's telling people (directly or indirectly) not to post opinions.

You may find them to be inferior and some others may not. When you were raised did someone not explain the concept of opinion to you? How about the concept of open source? The reason that android is so great is because you get the option to choose the android that suits you. If you want AOSP you should have bought a Galaxy Nexus. Roughly the same specs, roughly the same price. Complaining about it simply shows that you made the wrong decision and are blaming it on other people. If you don't like HTC or the way they chose to set up their phones then don't buy them. You have free will. You're using it to complain on the internet right now. Everything that you said is your own opinion. None of it is fact, or even particularly educated. Some of it is just straight up wrong. There are plenty of sense apps that have features that AOSP lacks and vice versa. As you said yourself, "Deal with it." And in case you aren't able to distinguish, this is just my opinion.

Yeah and some people are delusional. Horrible skins like sense UI are part of the android problem and ceased to be part of the solution years ago.
Free will? Seriously we're talking a out the uselessness of embedded skins and your yapping about free will?
Galaxy nexus exlusive to Verizon....ICS exclusively for that phone for nearly 4 months?
That's open source? You mean the OEMS that continue to lock down devices not release drivers and embedded there useless software onto the aosp so Development is a constant battle against limitations instead of expansion of options and creativity?
CM team wouldn't exist if things had been this locked down by OEMs from the beginning. The fragmentation because of crap like Sense hurts everyone .

Edited:

No baiting, arguing, flaming, or drama. If you must do that, take it to PM. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Lets try to be respectful of that. No baiting, flaming, or bickering please. :)

Went from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

You don't have to be a farmer to know what sh*t smells like.

Reactions: pavoid and aj_2423

pavoid

Mar 7, 2012
Houston
So? He is allowed to post his opinions about others opinions just as you are about his? You just did the same thing he did. You don't think he should post his opinions and he doesn't think others should post theirs. The fact of the matter is that you're both posting opinion's telling people (directly or indirectly) not to post opinions.[END QUOTE=Snargaflab]

I commented in regards to this thread topic. The person I quoted went on to play pretend monitor as he has done in many other threads he has deemed unworthy.

Opinions = welcome. Commenting just to complain about the thread subject? There IS always the option to stay out of threads you don't have interest in.

So Mr. Snargaflab....exactly how is it that I was telling anyone not to post their opinion? o.0

EDIT: Peartfan40, this reply is meant for clarification. If you read it and feel it smells of baiting I understand and apologize. ( Great taste in percussionist btw )

Last edited:

aj_2423

Sep 21, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Uh oh, aj-do-right found his way to this thread to shake his finger and comment on how opinions are unnecessary and cause clutter in this "must behave" forum. Like the friggin hall monitor of this forum.

Now now lil ajdr, go drink a capri sun and rearrange your widgets and you'll feel better.

Wtf, who the hell r u? Uve been a member for barely a month, how would u know what I do in this forum.. Lol, w.e like im going to listen to someone whos barely been around for a month and has only 2 thanks, but is already trying to talk **** to someone he knows nothing about. Haha ok buddy.

And I never said people shouldnt post their oppinion about things, of course they should. I was just stating that its quite annoying how often I see people popping up in places and saying sense sucks. Its fine if u feel that way but y would ne one else care. Its just annoying, didnt realize I would start a war by saying it.

O and where are theses o-so-many threads that i have tried to play, pretend mod, as u reffered to it.

Via XDA premium

Last edited:

pavoid

Mar 7, 2012
Houston
Wtf, who the hell r u? Uve been a member for barely a month, how would u know what I do in this forum.. Lol, w.e like im going to listen to someone whos barely been around for a month and has only 2 thanks, but is already trying to talk **** to someone he knows nothing about. Haha ok buddy.

And I never said people shouldnt post their oppinion about things, of course they should. I was just stating that its quite annoying how often I see people popping up in places and saying sense sucks. Its fine if u feel that way but y would ne one else care. Its just annoying, didnt realize I would start a war by saying it.

Via XDA premium

AJ, I may only be official for 1 month but that does not signify how long I have been observing these threads without posting or discredit my opinion.

I've just read many replies where you were either wanting to enforce the op's request or advise members that there is a similar thread they are creating clutter and so on.

I'll own up to my sarcasm being unnecessary and for that I apologize. All in all I was just trying to get the point across that yes there are rules and yes repeated threads can be annoying but that doesn't mean we have to go around and regulate(unless you're the Mod of the forum). Repeat questions and over stated opinions are going to happen. It's inevitable, it happens in most every forum.

Once again I apologize for the sarcasm. Your opinion is worth just as much as everyone else's.

Accepted?

Reactions: aj_2423

aj_2423

Sep 21, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
AJ, I may only be official for 1 month but that does not signify how long I have been observing these threads without posting or discredit my opinion.

I've just read many replies where you were either wanting to enforce the op's request or advise members that there is a similar thread they are creating clutter and so on.

I'll own up to my sarcasm being unnecessary and for that I apologize. All in all I was just trying to get the point across that yes there are rules and yes repeated threads can be annoying but that doesn't mean we have to go around and regulate(unless you're the Mod of the forum). Repeat questions and over stated opinions are going to happen. It's inevitable, it happens in most every forum.

Once again I apologize for the sarcasm. Your opinion is worth just as much as everyone else's.

Accepted?

Good with me. And Its not that im trying to regulate, more trying to inform or bring to peoples attention when they are creating a duplicate thread to avoid ending up with 12 ics threads again lol. Im not trying to enforce anything, just trying to help keep things smooth and organized as possible

Via XDA premium

Reactions: pavoid

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
what exactly do you not like about sense, or think that HTC has made worse. I'm not taking sides, just wanted to know what those things are! I havn't upgraded myself yet, but was wondering. a list would be awesome ;) Thanks.

After looking at the demo video I was expecting a huge list of new and improved things. HTC's version sucks. I want the mainly the stock versions of the apps on the list.

The list is as follows:

1. Stock lock screen. I absolutely despise the HTC Ring b.s.

2. Stock app drawer. Swipe right to left, not up and down.

3. Stock messaging app.

4. The new pattern unlock look. We have the old one.

5. Stock calendar app. (It has color organization, I don't see it on my HTC)

6. Timelapse feature for my camera. I don't have it.

7. Video snapshots. I don't have it on my camcorder.

8. People app.

9. STOCK DIALER. One of the most attractive features of stock ICS. I MOTHER EFFING HATE THE HTC DIALER!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Visual voicemail (part of the dialer app)

11. Reject call with text. Can't do that because I don't have THE STOCK DIALER APP!!!!

12. Stock ICS Wallpapers

SENSE IS A PIECE OF SH!T!

Last edited:
G

glacierguy

Did u try apex launcher with ADW ics theme yet? It has all above. Use it with widget locker. Trust me on this.

I upgraded my wife's MT4G to an AOSP 4.0.4 ROM and it looks very similar... Except no super sexy notification menu.

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Sense 3.6

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
i wanted all the ics blueness. Sense 3.6 has been neutered of the blueness.

For shame htc. For shame.

I figure once a senseless rom is made i will learn how to root my amaze and do that.

In the meantime aesthetics aside i like this ics leak alright. It seems better than the previous.

i was looking forward to the light blueness too..... All we got is light blueness wanna be mixed with a sh!t load of green..... Yay welcome to the gingerbread look....

pavoid

Mar 7, 2012
Houston
Paranoid Android

Paranoid as I am, I am going to go ahead and root my Amaze. I have the ICS leak on it now but I want to try out the theme electronicrice made and rooting is the only way I will be able to.

I know me, and I know that I will question EVERYTHING while attempting to do it. Considering that I don't know how to "push sdk to system" what a all-in-one toolkit is for and so on I will need the most comprehensive guide available. I have read over the one that is sticky'd in this forum by binary but since I have no frame of reference with any of this it is still "sharky waters" for me.

Any other materials/videos/guides so on that can be recommended to me before I risk having to post a thread title "Oh no! Amaze bricked/constipated"?

(p.s.- I'm not being lazy or unwilling to read. It's just even after reading until I actually do it myself it will be considered the super unknown)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

O and where are theses o-so-many threads that i have tried to play, pretend mod, as u reffered to it.

Via XDA premium

I asked you two to stop. Take it to PM please....

Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Lets try to be respectful of that. No baiting, flaming, or bickering please. :)

Went from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

I hope your joking now like really.
    Android 4.0 is AOSP
    Android 4.0 Sense 3.6 is Sense.
    Of course there not 100% the same..
    Download apex launcher from the market and relax...

That is a great recommendation. I tried it this morning and love it.

Thanks gg.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    AOSP

Not a sense fan, give me strait AOSP or if I have to CM9.

Thanks for the effort!