[MOD] Smaller Nav Bar for D80210a-EUR-XX

Search This thread

fire3d

Hi,

I have modded the framework-res from the D802 to cut down the Navigation Bar (half size for now)

I'am new to modding these things but for me the nav bar was way to big

here is the file:

framework-res.apk

(File updated - landscape mode fixed - pls redownload)

No installer form me, i prefer ADB :)

Make a Backup from your existing framework-res.apk :)

Copy the modded framework-res.apk to your G2 D802 in system/framework overwiriting the existiong one

Only tested on the D80210a-EUR-XX firmware.

DOWNLOADS:

Navbar 12px - Dock moved down

Last edited:

tanerq

Sep 21, 2011
Hi

The only phone running vertical position, horizontal position past the turning into the old.

Last edited:

fkfs9

Nov 10, 2008
Hi,

I have modded the framework-res from the D802 to cut down the Navigation Bar (half size for now)

here is the file:

framework-res.apk

Copy the modded framework-res.apk to your G2 D802 in system/framework overwiriting the existiong one

working just fine! Thanks.

woof123

Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for your work (even tho i have a different model).Just so you know tho,it will only work in the firmware you have now,you need to do that in every firmware release.Im saying that in order to save some from a bootloop.

mixinluv2u

Oct 8, 2013
I would like to edit my framework-res for the T-Mobile D801 version. Would you mind posting some directions for me to follow? Thanks!

Reactions: InfrnalSky

Sepulture

Mar 16, 2013
I just tested this on my D802 Asia version model and it's working fine. However, landscape mode reverts the nav bar back to its original size. Would you be kind enough to fix this and also look into any optimisations you could make for the D802 Asian version as well, seeing as this is for the Euro model?

Do let me know how I can help by contributing any system files from my phone. :)

fire3d

As i mentioned in the first Posting, i'am new to framework modding, but i do my best, currently i search
for the landscape fix (i changed the right things, seems that i have missed something....)

I've done this mod while i don't want to use an xtra app for this, also, i havent found an app that
works properly (including Plug & Pop)

Modding these files is truly an easy step.

I'll post a very little guide for the nav bar size later, there are many other guides outhere to learn such stuff

This mods can be done by everybody ...

Last edited:

Sepulture

Mar 16, 2013
As i mentioned in the first Posting, i'am new to framework modding, but i do my best, currently i search
for the landscape fix (i changed the right things, seems that i have missed something....)

I've done this mod while i don't want to use an xtra app for this, also, i havent found an app that

I'll post a very little guide for the nav bar size later, there are many other guides outhere to learn such stuff

That's great to hear, looking forward to the improvements! Kudos to you for pushing out the very first D802 navbar reduction mod. :)

NOUFELP

Jul 24, 2013
Bangalore
Worked perfectly on my Asian 802. Used solid Explorer to replace the file and it crashed but did the job! Thanks a lot :)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 4

NOUFELP

Jul 24, 2013
Bangalore
Just noticed that the dock position is not adjusted. It stays high in the original position.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 4

Sanien

Aug 12, 2008
Doesn't seem smaller?

I have replaced the file with root Explorer and rebooted but can't seem to see a difference.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

it could just be 3 small dots in the bottom.

NOUFELP

Jul 24, 2013
Bangalore

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381533398696.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381533398696.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 726
Reactions: vuhien

benlee337

Jul 7, 2009
If anyone gets this working for T-Mobile please share. This would be awesome. The nav bar takes up much precious screen space

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here is the file:

framework-res.apk

(File updated - landscape mode fixed - pls redownload)

DOWNLOADS:

Navbar 12px - Dock moved down

Landscape mode fixed - file updated - pls re-download :)
    Updated the startpost, added Navbar 12px as flashable Zip, this moves also the Dock down
    this mod cuts the navbar down to half size, this can be done easy by everyone.

Look in the Guide for theme modding: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2455860

there is a post from me how this mod is done.