HTC One, G2 or Z1 ?

Search This thread
Jan 3, 2014
Hi everybody, excuse my english i'm french

So, i will buy a new smartphone, but i CAN'T decide between these phone, it's hard. I've a basic usage, i use my phone for SMS/call/twitter/facebook/(few) games/musique (with earphone)/(few) photos, and that's all :) I search a beautiful interface, because I HATE Android stock, it's very empty. So i search a beautiful interface with good features, i also search a very fast phone, and that's all because these 3 phone have an amazing screen/performance etc. :p

I like the HTC One because i think Sense is good, and i can't stay for the new HTC, but the One will have Sense 6.0 (with ROM custom) ? And the One is old..
I like the G2 for his screen, and his is new
And the Z1 for his camera

So thank you if you could help me, i've 800$ so i can buy any phone, thank you ! :)

Excuse me for my english..

Meni30

Nov 29, 2013
Hi everybody, excuse my english i'm french

So, i will buy a new smartphone, but i CAN'T decide between these phone, it's hard. I've a basic usage, i use my phone for SMS/call/twitter/facebook/(few) games/musique (with earphone)/(few) photos, and that's all :) I search a beautiful interface, because I HATE Android stock, it's very empty. So i search a beautiful interface with good features, i also search a very fast phone, and that's all because these 3 phone have an amazing screen/performance etc. :p

I like the HTC One because i think Sense is good, and i can't stay for the new HTC, but the One will have Sense 6.0 (with ROM custom) ? And the One is old..
I like the G2 for his screen, and his is new
And the Z1 for his camera

So thank you if you could help me, i've 800$ so i can buy any phone, thank you ! :)

Excuse me for my english..

I would go for the G2 defiinitely dissapointed with my Xperia Z1 that is already dead the cam sucked the battery too :(

mm79k

Jul 15, 2006
I have owned all of them and I would definitely go with the HTC One

G2 is great but its camera is utterly useless indoors

AlexCheZ1

Jan 4, 2014
I think it`s obvious) Buy G2 if you need more perfomance. It`s newer, it has Snapdragon 800 instead of S 600 *My old Xperia Z and Z1 have a noticeable difference in perfomance*, but if you more interested in fine photos and good sound from the speaker - One is your choice. Definitly not many people will recommend Z1 because of its software and hardware problems :D

Last edited:

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010
Thank you, i think i will buy the G2, but i will wait for others opinion :)

for your use, either of the Phones you listed would be fine.

HTC one is probably a better buy as it will save you a bit of money, and the camera Performance is pretty good too.

regards

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I think it`s obvious) Buy G2 if you need more perfomance. It`s newer, it has Snapdragon 800 instead of S 600 *My old Xperia Z and Z1 have a noticeable difference in perfomance*, but if you more interested in fine photos and good sound from the speaker - One is your choice. Definitly not many people will recommend Z1 because of its software and hardware problems :D

every phone software has buggs and improvements to be made, that's why Updates are released,

stock 4.2.2 14.1.G.2.257 Rom runs fine

as for Hardware issues like touchscreen problems etc that seems to be a manufacturing defect, again I haven't got any such issues.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Having had the One and the Z1 I actually prefer the One but in terms of performance the Z1 smokes the One, that might not matter to you but it did to me.

To answer your question though, if you can handle the size and most people can after a few weeks, I would go with the Note 3, it smokes everything out at the moment in terms of performance and it's camera is brilliant.

Can't say I've ever liked LG, my last one was a viewty :)

ArashMiniStar

Jun 7, 2012
I will choose z1 or note 3.Lg has poor design and software update.HTC one has weeker hardware.I have z1 and no touch screens issue

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

acervenky

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 25, 2012
Mumbai
POCO M2 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I had the same three options in mind.But Went With Z1
HTC One-Good Camera,But At Last Resolution Matters (In My Opinion)
G2-Excellent Device Flawed Due To Limited Storage.
Ps.They both have IR Blaster which is awesome addition,but unfortunately absent in Z1
So In My Opinion,Z1 :good:
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

DefunctiO

Feb 5, 2012
Bratislava
I had HTC One. Pretty decent phone, worked like a charm, premium build quality and speakers were amazing!

After that I switched to Z1 (no reason, I just and a opportunity) and this phone is even better.

I love the slim design, the waterproof ability and the battery. Oh my, the battery is just amazing, no other phone could last this long after gaming sessions.

I did not have a chance to see G2 but I don't really like the buttons and I had N4 before, it was a very good phone, only problem was a battery again.

It is up to you, I would go for a Sony device.

Reactions: olokos

rushabh singhavi

Jan 24, 2012
For me z1 works like a charm and battery is really long lasting....
And interms of built quality...mind you...the shatterproof screen really works...not even a single scratch...

Sent from my C6902 using xda premium

Jan 3, 2014
Thank you very much all, i've tested the Z1 in a store just 30 seconds, and i was REALLY blufed by the smooth of the phone, it's incredible, the G2 and the One aren't available for testing.. I don't open a game or other, just open the browser (Google Chrome) and scroll into the homescreen, this is very fast, so i think i will buy this phone, but i love Sense and i don't want wait 3 months for the new HTC.. The G2 is not very beautiful, so i pass on this phone. The Z1 have many problems (reviews from buyers), so, it's better i go on the HTC One who is a great value or the Z1 ? If i buy the One, will i have Sense 6.0 with ROM Cutom or Official updates ? Thank you all :)

spitfire2425

Jun 12, 2012
Narnia
As a person with a one, I'd pick a note 3, z1, or g2 over this. I love my one but I'd rather have something different.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
Htc one feels better works a charm, sound amazing. Ui best.
G2 crap interface, lags
Z1 camera and premium build,, ui ok.

brapicoco

May 29, 2011
Owned a z1 and denitely switching to HTC's next flagship or HTC One. Aftersales of Sony is horrible but all in all Z1 is really good (if not for the touchscreen problem)

Z1 has a better camera, processor and battery. Good looks plus the water and dust resistance. While the One has good speakers and better display.

dallashigh

Jul 24, 2010
The G2 beats or matches the Z1 in almost every way, except SD slot and waterproofing of course. HTC One is slower than the G2. The One is thinner and the camera might be better (really it's just individual taste) but the battery is complete crap compared to G2.

saobang3886

Apr 27, 2009
Ho Chi Minh
Buy Z1 but you should testing carefully, It have some problem with Yellow Screen, Touchscreen, camera flash when use in darkness, If you can find one without those problem, get it and you will happy with the Z1 :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had HTC One. Pretty decent phone, worked like a charm, premium build quality and speakers were amazing!

After that I switched to Z1 (no reason, I just and a opportunity) and this phone is even better.

I love the slim design, the waterproof ability and the battery. Oh my, the battery is just amazing, no other phone could last this long after gaming sessions.

I did not have a chance to see G2 but I don't really like the buttons and I had N4 before, it was a very good phone, only problem was a battery again.

It is up to you, I would go for a Sony device.