Review of Poetic GraphGrip and Turtle Skin cases for Nexus 7 HD w/lots of pics!!!

Search This thread

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
This is a review of Poetic GraphGrip and Turtle Skin cases for Nexus 7 (2013 HD). http://www.poeticcases.com/graphgrip-case-for-google-nexus-7-fhd-2nd-generation-by-poetic and http://www.poeticcases.com/turtle-skin

As you all aware, when it comes to Nexus 7 cases we don't have the same luxury of selection as any typical smartphone. Although folio/book cover type of cases are popular, not everybody wants to deal with a cover, especially with a new 2013 version of Nexus 7 where you have a rear facing camera and might want to take videos/pictures without inconvenience of a flap. Or better yet, you might want to have a spare case just for this kind of an occasion when you want to have free access to the rear camera. For such occasions a typical tpu style case is more appropriate to give you a better grip, scratch and drop protection, and bezel/lip to keep the screen of the surface when placed down. Here I'm going to look at two of the latest Poetic cases with this functionality.

First one is a GraphGrip case. Unlike some typical tpu shaped cases, this one is made out of a soft silicone material with a thicker edge/bezel reinforcement for shock absorption. Although typically silicone cases have a loose side pulling fit, this one wraps around Nexus 7 with a nice tight grip. The back of the case has an original squared groove design which gives you a better grip with a surface as well as a more secure hand grip. The power and volume up/down buttons are covered and very easy to push. All other ports have a precise cutout and alignment. The lip of the case has just enough clearance to keep the screen off the surface when placed down. Overall, it seems to be very durable and shouldn't attract too much dust. Also, will be easy to wipe down, especially if your kids will get their hands on it. Here are the pictures.

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-01_zps332c434c.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-02_zps8284eb31.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-03_zps9c51b0de.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-04_zps55d10410.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-05_zps13271028.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-06_zpsa4d1317f.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-07_zpsd97b39c6.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-08_zps99d7faf7.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-09_zps7a475ee9.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-10_zpsa700c237.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-11_zps512a0bf3.jpg

The second case is Turtle Skin, and it's one heck of an ultimate protection for your Nexus 7 HD!!! First of all, if you are planning to have your kids anywhere near your Nexus 7 HD or looking for a case with an ultimate outdoor drop protection - you should give Turtle Skin a very serious consideration!!! Made out of flexible and very strong silicone material, it has a massive tube-like bumper around it's perimeter with an enhanced corner protection. If you are looking for something thin, lightweight, and pretty - forget about it. But if you want a case with an ultimate shock-absorption and enhanced grip - this one is for you. Also, if you want a piece of mind letting your kids play with Nexus 7 HD - this case will do a great job and also very easy to clean/wipe. Just like with GraphGrip, the power and volume up/down buttons are covered and very easy to push. All the ports have precise cutout and alignment, well almost ;) Turtle Skin comes with a surprise where after closer examination you will find that speaker port openings are not facing in the right direction. This case has sound chamber grooves to redirect and to enhance the sound of your Nexus 7 HD. I tried to take a few close up pictures so you can see it from inside of the case. In a way, this design actually amplifies the sound and also redirects it more toward the front. A very unique concept. Overall, I was very impressed with this case and would highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for a serious heavy duty protection of your N7 HD. Here are the pictures.

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-01_zps43132f97.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-02_zps7e901701.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-03_zpsffa8c531.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-04_zps7f372483.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-05_zpsa2483bf3.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-06_zps784cf807.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-07_zps982db10b.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-08_zps41a7a384.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-09_zpsb6389b49.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-10_zps336e12c0.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-11_zps888fbd31.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-12_zpsaa165519.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-13_zpscabae739.jpg

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
Where op stay?How much you get for it? I wanted to get the poetic graphgrip..but the only place I can buy from is amazon..which cost 9.95 usd. Since I stay in Asia region, add another 15usd for shipping and handling fee..which cause a bomb to me =/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

jermdog

Dec 16, 2013
I just recieved my TurtleSkin case three days ago

... and I absolutely love it.

My only gripe, which is hardly a gripe at all is the weird feeling of the opening for the speakers on the side opposite of the charging port. It feels a little flimsy, but it's not really a detractor from the awesome level of protection this behemoth provides, plus I ordered it off amazon with a gift card that I thought I'd never use. Score!

This case is amazeballs, HIGHLY recommend for anyone who's protection conscientious without being hung up on adding bulk to their tablet.

nolook

Sep 5, 2010
really like the graph grip... great for gripping the n7 when watching video in landscape... also no issues with finger prints or sharp edges... makes the n7 the perfect size...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a review of Poetic GraphGrip and Turtle Skin cases for Nexus 7 (2013 HD). http://www.poeticcases.com/graphgrip-case-for-google-nexus-7-fhd-2nd-generation-by-poetic and http://www.poeticcases.com/turtle-skin

As you all aware, when it comes to Nexus 7 cases we don't have the same luxury of selection as any typical smartphone. Although folio/book cover type of cases are popular, not everybody wants to deal with a cover, especially with a new 2013 version of Nexus 7 where you have a rear facing camera and might want to take videos/pictures without inconvenience of a flap. Or better yet, you might want to have a spare case just for this kind of an occasion when you want to have free access to the rear camera. For such occasions a typical tpu style case is more appropriate to give you a better grip, scratch and drop protection, and bezel/lip to keep the screen of the surface when placed down. Here I'm going to look at two of the latest Poetic cases with this functionality.

First one is a GraphGrip case. Unlike some typical tpu shaped cases, this one is made out of a soft silicone material with a thicker edge/bezel reinforcement for shock absorption. Although typically silicone cases have a loose side pulling fit, this one wraps around Nexus 7 with a nice tight grip. The back of the case has an original squared groove design which gives you a better grip with a surface as well as a more secure hand grip. The power and volume up/down buttons are covered and very easy to push. All other ports have a precise cutout and alignment. The lip of the case has just enough clearance to keep the screen off the surface when placed down. Overall, it seems to be very durable and shouldn't attract too much dust. Also, will be easy to wipe down, especially if your kids will get their hands on it. Here are the pictures.

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-01_zps332c434c.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-02_zps8284eb31.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-03_zps9c51b0de.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-04_zps55d10410.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-05_zps13271028.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-06_zpsa4d1317f.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-07_zpsd97b39c6.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-08_zps99d7faf7.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-09_zps7a475ee9.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-10_zpsa700c237.jpg

poetic_graphgrip_n7_hd-11_zps512a0bf3.jpg

The second case is Turtle Skin, and it's one heck of an ultimate protection for your Nexus 7 HD!!! First of all, if you are planning to have your kids anywhere near your Nexus 7 HD or looking for a case with an ultimate outdoor drop protection - you should give Turtle Skin a very serious consideration!!! Made out of flexible and very strong silicone material, it has a massive tube-like bumper around it's perimeter with an enhanced corner protection. If you are looking for something thin, lightweight, and pretty - forget about it. But if you want a case with an ultimate shock-absorption and enhanced grip - this one is for you. Also, if you want a piece of mind letting your kids play with Nexus 7 HD - this case will do a great job and also very easy to clean/wipe. Just like with GraphGrip, the power and volume up/down buttons are covered and very easy to push. All the ports have precise cutout and alignment, well almost ;) Turtle Skin comes with a surprise where after closer examination you will find that speaker port openings are not facing in the right direction. This case has sound chamber grooves to redirect and to enhance the sound of your Nexus 7 HD. I tried to take a few close up pictures so you can see it from inside of the case. In a way, this design actually amplifies the sound and also redirects it more toward the front. A very unique concept. Overall, I was very impressed with this case and would highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for a serious heavy duty protection of your N7 HD. Here are the pictures.

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-01_zps43132f97.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-02_zps7e901701.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-03_zpsffa8c531.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-04_zps7f372483.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-05_zpsa2483bf3.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-06_zps784cf807.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-07_zps982db10b.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-08_zps41a7a384.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-09_zpsb6389b49.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-10_zps336e12c0.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-11_zps888fbd31.jpg

poetic_turtleskin_n7_hd-12_zpsaa165519.jpg