Orginal Defy+ HF5X 1700mAh battery :)

Search This thread

my2ct

Jun 16, 2011
I bought an original defy+ battery in the motorola online shop (visitm.de/de/Akku-Motorola-DEFY--120786)

Now i hope to find a way to install a defy+ cm7 on my defy without +

My last try didn't work. The quarx cm72 nightly was not bootable on my device.

Gesendet von meinem Dell Streak 7 mit Tapatalk 2

my2ct

Jun 16, 2011
Any suggestions getting the HF5X battery (Moto Defy+, 3.7V 1700mah) to work with the "old" defy?

Gesendet von meinem MB525 mit Tapatalk 2

pranks1989

Nov 24, 2011
Ontario
Any suggestions getting the HF5X battery (Moto Defy+, 3.7V 1700mah) to work with the "old" defy?

Gesendet von meinem MB525 mit Tapatalk 2

Its because may be u had a Froyo SBF as base. So you need to flash the GB kernel for CM7 to make CM72 Defy+ builds to work... :) Either that or flash Defy builds of CM7 and then flash the battery fixes for Defy+ and it should work. Basically its all about a battd.bin that is different! Sorry dnt have enough time so couldnt post links, search yourself.. :)

Reactions: my2ct

Burn02

Feb 1, 2010
Hello, i have got one question. :)

I have got a red lence defy with a GB rom (but with the foyo kernel for the moment).

I buy a HF5X battery of defy +.

What shall i do precisaly to use this battery? Does flashing the GB kernel is enouth? Or shall i flash a SBF before, then a "plus rom"? Or it's possible to keep that i already have, just flash the GB kernel and all will be ok?

Last edited:

AnTerNoZ

Jan 14, 2011
Bad Salzuflen
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Hello, i have got one question. :)

I have got a red lence defy with a GB rom (but with the foyo kernel for the moment).

I buy a HF5X battery of defy +.

What shall i do precisaly to use this battery? Does flashing the GB kernel is enouth? Or shall i flash a SBF before, then a "plus rom"? Or it's possible to keep that i already have, just flash the GB kernel and all will be ok?

the kernel has nothing to do with the detecting of the battery, the battd file manage the load, u only need a battd and libbattd.so from a defy+ ROM, just search on CM9 or CM10 thread for batteryfix and flash it. I had myself a defy+ battery on a defy if u load the battery with standard battd file it will only load to 80%

Jelly powered.Defy

Burn02

Feb 1, 2010
THank you for your anwser; but i have got a pb now. You says that it has nothing to do with the kernel. Ok it could be.
So how do you explain that:
Hello, i am looking to find a solution for my problem. I expect that i will find someone who could help me.

Here is the context.

I have got a defy "normal" with red lence and normal battery. I wanted to use the defy + battery.

So i flash the wiui "plus" version for defy plus + the kernel-gb-234-451-134-signed.zip from here:
http://defy.wdscript.fr/kernel/

With the defy "normal" battery, % is ok.

So now in the rom i see mb526, so phone is see like a defy plus. I change the battery for the defy plus.

Phone could not find the %. So i find a battery red lense patch. (i do not remember where) After that, it show the %.

I charge it to 100%. Seems to be ok, but in fact no, after down it to 6% and charge it again, i could not charge it more then 89%.

So i could not charge it more then the normal battery.

What shall i do to use a battery plus battery on my defy red lense with a defy plus battery?

Thank's a lot.

If you have an idea thanks. :)

Could you send me your battery patch which is working on your phone? Thank's a lot. :)
You use one of them:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1795647
?

It will work on a GB rom?

Last edited:

kryptonitiko

Oct 19, 2011
THank you for your anwser; but i have got a pb now. You says that it has nothing to do with the kernel. Ok it could be.
So how do you explain that:

If you have an idea thanks. :)

Could you send me your battery patch which is working on your phone? Thank's a lot. :)
You use one of them:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1795647
?

It will work on a GB rom?

mmm...I always flash rom for defy plus in my red lens defy and if I don't install the batteryfix I see ''?'' displayed for the battery....So, with a plus ROM and GB kernel the battery for defy+ doesn't work properly in a normal red lens defy?? Someone has tested, someone other to the guy :eek:

abhirulz94

Mar 30, 2012
New Delhi
HF5X battery on defy

Is there anyone using HF5X battery on defy (MB525) ??
im using it on GB kernal on CM10 MB526 build
i get 1% battery without flashing the battery fix...and with the battery fix i get only around 85% charge!!
Which battery fix should i flash in order to get 100% charge?

Screenshot_2012-09-14-23-46-36.jpg

Burn02

Feb 1, 2010
I am in the same case with a GB kernel + Defy plus rom for the moment.
I am doing the first discharge with the cyanogen 10 battd. I will see if i could charge it to 100%

Last edited:

Burn02

Feb 1, 2010
So with the JB Cyanogen patch for defy + battery, i could charge it to 100%. I will see if i always got the drop to 49%. (usually drop from something like to 61 to 49%. Never after, and the battery is new... )

abhirulz94

Mar 30, 2012
New Delhi
i got my battery drop & charge problem fixed!!

so here's what i did...i flashed gingerspeed which has the kernal from defy+ and after that i flashed cm10...now i can charge it to 100% and its more than a week now, didnt face any battery drop !! :D:D:D

NOTE:- I'm using defy+ battery with my original defy!

MB525
CM10 24-9-12 MB526
HF5X battery

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
latest cm10 quarx build seem to work flawlessly with hf5x on defy mb525

btw those battery "patches" don't seeem to work on cm7/froyo kernels (in case anyone using cm7 want to upgrade)

thx.

sack148

Jul 22, 2010
Hey,
I'm going to buy the HF5X from Amazon (I hope it is an original one, but i'm not allowed zto paste a link) for my defy.
Much people here say that they are using it for their defys, but i didn't found a review whether there is a Large improvement of Battery capaticity (don't know if it's the right english word) or not. Maybe someone can say something about this?

Thanks ;)

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
1500mAh for bf5x vs 1650mAh for hf5x (typical, max. 1700mAh).

do you think there will be a biiiiiiig improvement?

use your imagination. : )

Proda

Apr 21, 2011
Melbourne
hi guys,

If I buy HF5X battery for my normal Defy with CM7 White Rabbit 1.8 (based on 25.10. maniac's nighlty) should I just flash some Defy+ battery patch?
Maybe some other things too?

Top Liked Posts