[Q] No Wi-Fi after TWRP restore??

Search This thread

OldMage

I'll try to boil this down as much as possible... Bought a used M919 on Craigslist, it was an original MDL 4.2.2 build. I rooted, loaded Fenny's 4.4.2 ROM, had it all going great, then it got blacklisted for unpaid device balance... :(

Just bought a refurb direct from T-Mo, of course it's NB4 4.4.2. I did TowelRoot, installed current TWRP, restored Data & System, got stuck at the T-Mobile animation screen (so long the phone was getting hot). Flashed back to Fenny's fixed original 4.4.2 ROM, it booted fine, had Wi-Fi & LTE signal, did TowelRoot, installed TWRP again, restored ONLY Data...

Phone boots & runs fine, makes/receives calls & SMS/MMS but I have no Wi-Fi (won't successfully turn on). Also, I'm constantly getting a "Security Notice" saying "Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes."

What gives? I've tried re-flashing the separate modem files, but it doesn't help.
Ideas please?

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll try to boil this down as much as possible... Bought a used M919 on Craigslist, it was an original MDL 4.2.2 build. I rooted, loaded Fenny's 4.4.2 ROM, had it all going great, then it got blacklisted for unpaid device balance... :(

Just bought a refurb direct from T-Mo, of course it's NB4 4.4.2. I did TowelRoot, installed current TWRP, restored Data & System, got stuck at the T-Mobile animation screen (so long the phone was getting hot). Flashed back to Fenny's fixed original 4.4.2 ROM, it booted fine, had Wi-Fi & LTE signal, did TowelRoot, installed TWRP again, restored ONLY Data...

Phone boots & runs fine, makes/receives calls & SMS/MMS but I have no Wi-Fi (won't successfully turn on). Also, I'm constantly getting a "Security Notice" saying "Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes."

What gives? I've tried re-flashing the separate modem files, but it doesn't help.
Ideas please?

Did you flash the WiFi fix in Fenny's thread? Have you tried a different kernel?

Reactions: OldMage

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I take that back, there's the security notice... :banghead:

Sent from my S4 using XDA Free

I did a search for "Unauthorized actions have been detected" and it pulled up a couple pages for other Samsung devices. You could try doing what they all say to do; I would assume that because I've read the same solution in both the S5 forum and the Note II forum it should work for all Samsung devices... anyway, open up SuperSU and somewhere in the app there should be an option to disable KNOX. That should get rid of that warning.

Reactions: OldMage

OldMage

I did a search for "Unauthorized actions have been detected" and it pulled up a couple pages for other Samsung devices. You could try doing what they all say to do; I would assume that because I've read the same solution in both the S5 forum and the Note II forum it should work for all Samsung devices... anyway, open up SuperSU and somewhere in the app there should be an option to disable KNOX. That should get rid of that warning.

I must be doing something wrong w/ my searches... Thanks for the slap in the right direction :highfive:
We'll see if it's attitude is improved... :fingers-crossed:
My S3 never gave me this much trouble... LOL! Neither did my 1st S4.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ideas please?

Did you flash the WiFi fix in Fenny's thread? Have you tried a different kernel?
    I take that back, there's the security notice... :banghead:

Sent from my S4 using XDA Free