[Q] WHY?!? Can't I flash a new Kernel (D-850)?!?

Search This thread

PRichardson

Apr 12, 2011
Louisville
PJRichardson.com
For those of us without any way to flash a ROM e.g., with an LG.(G3).D-850 model, because nobody has cracked the bootloader ...

Would it be difficult to include a script to kexex the kernel after the boot?
I mean, without a boot loader crack, I'm feeling really deprived, and limited.

Root alone just feels like cookies without the milk and kernel loop modules.

I don't want a crappy "jails" VM, I want easy interaction between my VM and Android host!

Are the emails and flimsey hints from LG about the boot loader unlock stuff legit?

What is the ETA (best guess) on a boot unlock hack for the D-850??

Reactions: oska3

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
For those of us without any way to flash a ROM e.g., with an LG.(G3).D-850 model, because nobody has cracked the bootloader ...

I don't want a crappy "jails" VM, I want easy interaction between my VM and Android host!

Are the emails and flimsey hints from LG about the boot loader unlock stuff legit?

Our devs had stated already that there is a Loki Like exploit they can most likely exploit if a true bootloader unlock doesn't pan out.

They don't want to take that route until they give the bootloader unlock a shot.

As far as an ETA on any of that... That's a big no no asking that on here. TheCubed has been updating us from time to time and we just have to wait that's all.

Im with you though I'm excited to have an unlock but I've just been patient that's all.

- Tapatalked From The G3 -

PRichardson

Apr 12, 2011
Louisville
PJRichardson.com
Our devs had stated already that there is a Loki Like exploit they can most likely exploit if a true bootloader unlock doesn't pan out.

They don't want to take that route until they give the bootloader unlock a shot.

As far as an ETA on any of that... That's a big no no asking that on here. TheCubed has been updating us from time to time and we just have to wait that's all.

Im with you though I'm excited to have an unlock but I've just been patient that's all.

Understood thanks.

I've seen references to the Loki method but never a detailed explanation.

Can you give me a link to a walk-thru or tutorial on it?

(Really appreciate your advise and tips on the ETA too, Txs)

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Understood thanks.

Not a problem!

Here is some info on the actual Loki exploit that we had on the S4s.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2292157

Now I'm not entirely sure how close to that process it would be for our G3s and Loki has been patched so.... You could at least get an idea of what's going on.

Reactions: PRichardson

PRichardson

Apr 12, 2011
Louisville
PJRichardson.com
Not a problem!

Now I'm not entirely sure how close to that process it would be for our G3s and Loki has been patched so.... You could at least get an idea of what's going on.

Thus is EXACTLY what I wanted!! The OP for the S4 Loki hack has a link to a very helpful article with some hints about the exploit, Qualcomm chipset and how they leverage software-programmable fuses (QFuses).

As long as I continue to read what is just beyond my skills level, but not impossible to attain, I continue to arrive where previously I could barely see ;)

Reactions: Mistertac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Understood thanks.

Not a problem!

Not a problem!

Thus is EXACTLY what I wanted!! The OP for the S4 Loki hack has a link to a very helpful article with some hints about the exploit, Qualcomm chipset and how they leverage software-programmable fuses (QFuses).

As long as I continue to read what is just beyond my skills level, but not impossible to attain, I continue to arrive where previously I could barely see ;)