[ROM][Deprecated] CyanogenMod 9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wamu93

Jun 30, 2007
Battery life is great with A5 after a few days with cm7 for me at least have been getting about same more or less. Quick question and apologize if its a bit off topic, but with these updates to cm9 what app are most of you using to backup apps? last device i was flashing roms on a reg basis was an htc touch pro/tp2 then got my first android device which was an evo(still have it) but been using an epic from a fam member. Did not root evo and epic just started few weeks ago. was thinking of purchasing titanium back up orrom tools pro, which would u guy recommend? thanks and great rom
43a44d5f-7747-e183.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

thabest85

Apr 3, 2011
N Las Vegas
Battery life is great with A5 after a few days with cm7 for me at least have been getting about same more or less. Quick question and apologize if its a bit off topic, but with these updates to cm9 what app are most of you using to backup apps? last device i was flashing roms on a reg basis was an htc touch pro/tp2 then got my first android device which was an evo(still have it) but been using an epic from a fam member. Did not root evo and epic just started few weeks ago. was thinking of purchasing titanium back up orrom tools pro, which would u guy recommend? thanks and great rom
43a44d5f-7747-e183.jpg

Titanium backup is best

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

phirewire110

Apr 6, 2010
I was having this problem. I backed up my Sd and formatted. The problem is fixed, but I haven't added all my old photos back in to see if it stays fixed.

I backed up my sd card and formatted it throughly but unfortunately my pictures are still scrambled.
Anyone else with this issue?

jworkcoo

Mar 5, 2010
Columbus
www.abw711.com
Email Problems

Hey Im a college student and I am trying to connect to my school email on CM9 and its giving me problems. It keeps saying server not found. Is the Coporate Sync not working as of yet?

umby24

Mar 14, 2011
umby.d3s.co
I tried flashing this after a different rom (wiped data and all caches) and it won't boot. After thekernal boot logo I see some recovery looking stuff flash up for a few seconds then the phone reboots and it continues doing that..

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
I tried flashing this after a different rom (wiped data and all caches) and it won't boot. After thekernal boot logo I see some recovery looking stuff flash up for a few seconds then the phone reboots and it continues doing that..

Kernel boot logo? What recovery where you using?

Sent from my MTD Epic 4G SGS using Tapatalk

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas

Bad download...I've seen it before it continues to reboot into clockwork mod and fails to flash something and reboots and repeats? Its definetly a bad download. Your going to have to odin to stock el30 re root redownload a good cm9 download and then flash it.

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0

madvj

Oct 10, 2007
I am on alpha4 right now, do I need to wipe b4 updating to A5? Or, can I just flash over it?

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
I agree bad download, its happened several times to me, just re download alpha5 and flash again.

Sent from my MTD Epic 4G SGS using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: umby24

umby24

Mar 14, 2011
umby.d3s.co
Worked great, thanks. and I hadn't checked the MD5 because i didn't have a computer at the time.. and my only internet is the 4g off of my phone lol..

anyways thanks again.

JBakey

Oct 19, 2010
Worked great, thanks. and I hadn't checked the MD5 because i didn't have a computer at the time.. and my only internet is the 4g off of my phone lol..

anyways thanks again.

You can use root explorer and I believe es file explorer and if you long press the file and go to the properties, it'll generate the md5 for you

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
You can use root explorer and I believe es file explorer and if you long press the file and go to the properties, it'll generate the md5 for you

I didn't find a way to do this with root explorer, but ES certainly does have this option. I think it's in properties-->checksum-->MD5 when you long press on the zip file.

wamu93

Jun 30, 2007
So after flashing to the new full boot animation http://epiccm.blogspot.com/2012/02/flashable-bootanimations-for-epic-4g.html my battery drastically depleted I was at 56% before flashing after rebooting was at 17%, I did noticed that the boot animation was not somehow complete, a few seconds after the circle stops spinning and the flash starts the animation stops and boots quick back to OS. IS this the way its supposed to look? On the youtube video the animation continues for a bit after the flash, just like how the original boot animation on A5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta 0 has been released. This thread is now deprecated. Please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536238

CM9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G
    The Epic CM team is proud to announce the release of CyanogenMod 9 alpha 5 for Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G.
    This is VERY NEW so please read these pages carefully before you proceed with testing.

BUG REPORTS:
    Please check if your bug is already known in the Epic CM Issue Tracker.

Do not report bugs if it has anything to do with:

• Non-standard CM9 kernels
    • Voicemail - already several solutions for that problem.
    • Already listed on the CM9 Status page

CM9 Status
    CM9 alpha5 Release Notes and Changelog

If you appreciate our work, please consider supporting the Epic CM team.

Circle us on Google+!
    [reserved]

From the Epic CM G+ Stream:

2012-02-20-230953.png

IMG_20120217_111458.jpg

IMG_20120217_111600.jpg

IMG_20120217_111620.jpg

Thank you!
    To the devs, I'd like to thank you for all the work you've done on CM9 so far. As far as testing this, the only issue I've had so far is just the battery. It's really weird when using a extended life battery(1800mah) and not getting much usage as the 1500mah battery. But using Rom Toolbox and adjusting the settings, I've managed to pull 10hrs at 71% with light to moderate use. I'm sure that whenever you guys do get all the bugs worked out, it's gonna be a really great rom. Everything is running pretty good for me...though I don't use all the apps that others are using. I do, however, get 4g usage while there is no 4g in the state of Oklahoma at this time. Used it in a store where 3G and phone call didn't work because of signal loses.

As for the donation part...being on a fixed income has its' drawbacks especially when there are more bills to be paid than your income allows. I for one, believe that donations for your achievements are well earned. Thanks guys for taking the time to bring us ICS.

Don't ever feel obligated to donate. That's not the intention.

It's an option for those that like to show gratitude by letting money talk.

Personally, I've always though of a thanks as more than adequate for doing something that we actually enjoy doing.

So thank you.
    How to and review video will be up tonight!