Ics discussion thread/Links for touchpro247 and Aeroevan Roms

Search This thread

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa
I've been using 3-28 since a few minutes after you posted it. So far I haven't found any bugs that aren't easily solved. Like the market bug, but its not serious. Wipe the data and cache of the market and then su killall drmserver in the terminal and its good to go

Sent from my ICS'd Inc2 via XDA Premium

Hey, Sorry We were talking about Aeroaevans new 3-29 Build not 3-28 :p Ive been running that ever since i posted it too xD His new 29 Build is on ICS 4.0.4!

We were talking about any bugs on that build :p

L

LiquidSmokeX64

What's the difference between 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 versions

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa

A bunch of brokes.. Haha

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Naw Seriously, Changes are:

Performance improvements
Battery stats bug fixed
Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
3G/4G radio switch improvements
Signal strength improvements
New PRIMELA03 Bootloader
Boot up time reduced
Auto-brightness smooth transition change
Camera refocus by long-pressing shutter button
Multitouch issue resolved
Autorotate speed increased
Browser performance improvements
Recent apps list opens faster
Minor camera UI changes
Increased volume
Keyboard bug fixes
Updated News & Weather app UI
Quick controls changed in browser

L

LiquidSmokeX64

A bunch of brokes.. Haha

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Naw Seriously, Changes are:

Performance improvements
Battery stats bug fixed
Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
3G/4G radio switch improvements
Signal strength improvements
New PRIMELA03 Bootloader
Boot up time reduced
Auto-brightness smooth transition change
Camera refocus by long-pressing shutter button
Multitouch issue resolved
Autorotate speed increased
Browser performance improvements
Recent apps list opens faster
Minor camera UI changes
Increased volume
Keyboard bug fixes
Updated News & Weather app UI
Quick controls changed in browser

So besides the dialpad being broken what else?

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa
So besides the dialpad being broken what else?

You'll have to ask someone else.. I didn't even bother installing 29 cause even Areoevan said it was gonna be buggy. I did hear him saying the camera was having problems. and dialpad seems to be bork. but i wouldn't know anything else past what people told me.

L

LiquidSmokeX64

Well I guess I'm not going to bother updating then lol

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa
Other Phones ICS GSM Patches!

Hey Guys, Me and aeroevan have been trying to fix the GSM reboot problem for a fully functional phone an all networks! But only problem is that all the edits we do to his ROM which was tested on my phone will not "stick" so to speak. We tried for hours.

We got somewhere, but then it went bad and after a reboot not only did it not work but wiping caches didn't re enabled GSM. So while we wait for a response by TP for permission and possibly help to dissect his beta 6 ROM which has both fully working CMDA and GSM. I would like to know if you guys know of any other phones that have a GSM Patch that works. Fully.

We know it wont work on our phones hardware. Not yet anyways! Sad truth is GSM seems to be trickier then CMDA which is why all our current ICS ROMs don't support it. Enabling GSM on the ROM will literally edit the Caches as use goes on. Which is why when you reboot clearing the caches works.

If we can find a good patch that works. Maybe we can speed is up faster. You can talk to use on andirc IRC on channel #inc2root.

If you do know any ICS working GSM patches just reply to this post! Thanks!

Also, If you have a logcat.radio of when your GSM stops working that says the following: "E/RILC ( 1312): RIL Response: unexpected error on write errno:9" then let me know,

Last edited:

thcbytes

Jul 13, 2011
For those of you that like the aokp build they now have a dedicated thread at rootzwiki. In addition they are currently merging 4.04 and should have build 30 up soon.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

Last edited:

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE

thcbytes

Jul 13, 2011
Reactions: bberryhill0
L

LiquidSmokeX64

ffc is upside down when viewing, and the dial pad is fixed when phone is sideways..not a deal breaker..everything else is great

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium

I know its kinda late to say this but on 3-29 if you use the themed apks (contacts, moms,& calculator) found earlier in the thread the dial pad is fixed

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Firetop

Feb 17, 2011
Ottawa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CURRENT SUPPORTED BUILDS

AEROEVAN CM9 KANG http://goo-inside.me/devs/aeroevan

PROTEKK MILESTONE 4- DEV SECTION ON XDA

NITSUJ17 MIUI ICS- DEV SECTION ON XDA

NITSUJ17 OPEN SENSE 4- DEV SECTION ON XDA

NEWT ICS 4- http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?t=11845

Touchpro247 links.

ICS VIVOW BETA 6 PURE ICS- http://touchpro.mydevfiles.com/ICS/ics_vivow_beta6.zip

CAMERA PATCH (no longer needed)

Camera Patch v1.0
    [Download] - HERE

I will try to have all projects up here

This included the virtuous builds if they continue as well as NTSH

DONATE LINKS

VIRTUOUS TEAM- https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DLXKH3V45FFYY

TOUCHPRO247- http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=1694110
    These guys work hard and deserve any little thing we can give.

I need a donate link for AEROEVAN, Nitsuj17 and Protekk

**** To all *****
    If you have a problem please start labeling your problem to help us out some. There are alot of version of different roms people are running and flashing over. This way we know what answers to give you.

Thanks

[Problem] - What the problem you are having
    [Rom] - What rom and version your running
    [Kernel] - If you installed a custom kernel or used the default one with the rom
    [Install] - Wether you did a full wipe or install over etc.
    [Replicated] - Did you reinstall from a full wipe with nothing installed or modded to the rom and slowly reinstall whatever u had. if it isnt chances are somethign your doing is causeing it. This is where most of you can easily find out what cause your malfunction.

EXAMPLE
    [Problem] - Capacative button wont light up when phone is unlocked.
    [Rom] - TP ICS Beta 3
    [Kernel] - Default
    [Install] - Full Wipe No Ti Backups Fresh Install
    [Replicated] - Yes

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
    Colossus feel free to close this if you see fit

I just thought we should post here for ice related problems since most people are on Aeros rom and still wanna share here as he checks xda. This way we haven't hijacked rms thread and when he adds more it will be seen

So. If you have input, bugs, mods, news on updates, anything..post it here

If someone adds the links for all the roms I'll post it here. This can be like the go to ics thread with yalls help :)

KERNELS
    Aeroevan Kernel v8 (I NEED THE NEW LINK)

For working WIFI TETHER

Wifi tethering has worked on every build of ics I have used. I use the yellow, 3.0 "experimental" tethering app. Device profile is nexus one, and setup method is Netd. I always restore the app with data and it works on every build.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA App
    CM9 Aeroevans 4-16 Build

So Aeroevan and I have been talking, And we got him to compile a new build and upload it. This build is 4-16, and I have veen running it for the past.. 2 hours?

Found Here: http://goo.im/devs/aeroevan/cm9/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-vivow-UNOFFICIAL-2012-04-16-signed.zip

Changes:

This build should have compass arrow fixed in google maps.

Camorder working at 480p now. (Dropping FPS from 30 to 15 fix, And Yes no 720P Fix yet)

Small tweaks.

GSM permanent fix? Still a no go. I am personally looking into that one. Since we have a command fix but Aeroevan doesnt know where the ROM fix is.

Other then that, If you do want to permanently fix GSM on any GSM enabled ROM. Do the following.

Plug your phone into your computer. Enable USB Debugging. If you have the ADB Tool from the Android SDK run it there, If you dont. Download a Terminial app for your phone.

Then run this;

Step 1: Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into test mode
    Step 2: Phone Information > Set preferred network type: GSM only. Then your phone will start crashing, until you do the step 3 fix.
    Step 3:
    > adb shell
    # su
    # sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'update secure set value="1" where name="preferred_network_mode"'
    # reboot
    Now GSM is Fixed.

That manually sets the preferred_network_mode to 1 using the settings database directly.

Its getting better my friends.
    Someone pls release beta6... That is all.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    13647728.jpg