Interesting stance on the Spen from Samsung

Search This thread

dafreaking

Dec 15, 2011
I can add that this so called mouse pointer function does work for me on Photoshop touch. I am assume it works for others too..

RudiRulez

Mar 31, 2012
www.ccmmad.co.uk
Dear Mr Pickering,

Thank you for contacting Samsung and I have pleasure in providing the following assistance.

I’m sorry your S Pen has become faulty. I can understand your disappointment about this.

I’m happy to say that I’ve requested for a replacement S Pen to be sent to you. It should arrive within 5-10 working days.

I hope this outcome is acceptable to you.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Richard
Online Support Team
SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

I guess I'll just have to wait and see, I'll make sure to post here when and if it ever arrives.

DANIELWHITT

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
Hello, This was the only email i sent to Samsung about my s pen and this was there first reply,

Perhaps people should stop being so nice to them

Hello Samsung

Im having trouble with my Samsung galaxy note, the phone is working fine but the s pen that came with my device is driving me nuts. The s-pen is basically falling apart, the top of the pen which secures the pen into the phone keeps coming off. The pen is registering touching the screen when its not even touching the screen and the grey button on the side only works when it feels like it. Given the amount of money i have paid for this device i find it an absolute disgrace that the main selling feature of the phone is the large screen and the s-pen and the s-pens build quality is shocking. I buy an awful lot of Samsung products and don't expect them to fall to bits after two months of using it.

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated,

PS

All the phones software is up-to date and has been reset on multiple
occasion the see if this solves the problem but ultimately fails to do
so

Here is the reply i got four hours later

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for contacting Samsung.
I'm sorry your S Pen has apparently became faulty. I can understand your
frustration about this as you only purchased the handset very recently.
I'm happy to say I've arranged for a replacement S Pen for your handset
to be sent to you. It should arrive within 5-10 working days. I hope
this is acceptable to you.
If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and
we will be more than happy to help.
Kind regards,
Richard
Online Support Team

And my pen turned up this morning four days later.
Result :D

And is now working an awful lot better than before

Last edited:

RudiRulez

Mar 31, 2012
www.ccmmad.co.uk
Update: Samsung phoned me up the other week to confirm which colour pen I needed, then just today my new S-pen arrives, only difference from thee original is that it has a grey button.....oh and......IT WORKS! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well like some others here I have a faulty S-Pen. It starts interacting with the screen about 1-2cm away which is VERY frustrating. After seeing some threads here I got in touch with Samsung Customer Support and this is what I got.

I sent

I've had an issue with my s-pen over the last few weeks. The pen will ''''click'''' or ''''draw '''' something on the screen when its about 1-2cm away from the screen.

This makes annotation and drawing very difficult as it keeps pressing when I do not mean to.

Is this a firmware issue or hardware issue? From what I''''ve read online it looks to me to be hardware related.

Many thanks,

This is what I got in return.

Dear Ben

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

I'm afraid that the s-pen is designed to work in this manner. It is an option that most customers tend to prefer so that the screen does not actually have to be touched/scratched by the pen. I'm sorry if this is an inconvenience to you.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards

Ciaran
    Online Support Team

I know thats total BS. Who would want a stylus that unpredictably touches the screen without touching it?

Your thoughts?
    Well, that's not how I would want the S-Pen to work and for me that's not how it does work so I'd suggest you get back to them and explain that what you have is a definite problem.

For me the S-Pen does pretty much exactly what you (or any other sane person) would want - it takes a gentle but quite deliberate contact with the screen to make anything happen.
    This is definately not normal behaviour as it defeats the whole purpose of the pen being pressure sensitive and it's just a load of bull that's what people prefer as it screws up any accuracy. I'm not aware of any setting that would invoke this behaviour so I'd say it's definately a hardware related issue.