Kernel 2.6.32-2.6.25 and initrd update with lot of changes

Search This thread

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
you can do it using boot menu or using atools

I am currently unable to use boot menu. Everytime I boot up I get error, this is what I am seeing everytime I turn on the phone. It will boot into linux console and do a lot of scrolling and end up with these message:

mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /system/xbin/su failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /system/xbin/su failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /system/etc/ppp failed: No such file or directory

mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /system/etc/ppp failed:Invalid argument

Init: Unable to open persistant property directory /data/property errno: 2

And how do I do that from Atools?

biztonsagi

Aug 28, 2007
Hi l1q1d,

Your kernel seem to be the most stable for me with Fat Free Froyo, 1.71.09.01, but after days of searching the data connection does not want to work. 3g appears sometimes, but never connects.

Using Haret, Installed update, APN set, rebooted many times with/without data connection running in WM (phone works best with data connected in WM before reboot), I am not sure if I need to put those commands too found in this thread, and where to put it.

Sorry for this, if it was asked many times, I just want to stick with this kernel, since it is so stable for me.

Everything else works flowlessly,

Thanks in advance,
Andras

PS.: 1. There might be 2 other reasons, card is not formatted to FAT32, but FAT
2. I have win 6 installed only. I thought I would ask before reinstalling everything.

Last edited:

biztonsagi

Aug 28, 2007
Since then formatted card to fat 32, tried many other kernels, but this one is the most realiable, but still no data connection with any of the radios, anyone has an idea how to make data connection work?

3g appears sometimes, Modem application says data is connected, but there is no net...

I am using Fat Free Froyo:: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=944749

Last edited:

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
Since then formatted card to fat 32, tried many other kernels, but this one is the most realiable, but still no data connection with any of the radios, anyone has an idea how to make data connection work?

3g appears sometimes, Modem application says data is connected, but there is no net...

I am using Fat Free Froyo:: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=944749

Try re-flashing the ROM after you update the kernel, radio, etc...

mfsr98

Nov 26, 2011
Porto
I'm getting the error: "apply modules/androidupdate.tgz failed from sourceforge"
I don't know what to do anymore... (booting with haret for install on SD Card)

n2rjt

I'm getting the error: "apply modules/androidupdate.tgz failed from sourceforge"

Kernel (zImage) and modules (in androidupdate.tgz) need to match. It is not a very convenient install process though. Put the zImage and androidupdate.tgz files onto your SD in /sdcard/andboot folder, and use Haret to boot into Linux. As soon as you see the Penguin, push the center of the screen until you get the menu. Then install updates, and continue to boot. If you still have problems, I can't be very helpful since I don't use my Kaiser anymore.
In fact, if anyone in US wants a Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) for the cost of shipping, PM me.

Reactions: mfsr98

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are many changes on initrd that affect both 2.6.25 and 2.6.32, so:
    When you update you need to apply this.
    If someone post something like wifi doesn't work and he/she didn't apply the update i'll find a way to burn his phone remotely!

I fixed the problem of wifi for polaris (now we use the same module, thanks dzo)
    The new initrd:
    • switch to correct version of modules between 2.6.25 and 2.6.32
    • change the name of the device
    • probably fix data corruption

2.6.32 kernel has a new parameter for fake sync so you can make all test you want (please post results in this thread)

2.6.25 is unchanged so when you flash you change only the initrd.

Haret users please download initrd from here.

if you have problem with data connection please let me know!

I suggest you to download latest version directly from atools.

To apply update you can use the boot menu or atools (BSE->select data and system partitions-> select intall update-> put install-seq.sh in sdcard/andboot/)

Download page here

changelog:
    updated androidupdate.tgz with su fix
    For releaser:
    Entract the update on your distro
    remove the /system/etc/ppp directory
    put the ppp file (extract the zip) on /system/etc/

Release your new distro.
    WTF the answer is in first post!!!!!!
    use the initrd linked in the first post and apply the update.
    you don't need to move anything!!!!
    Did you use the initrd from the link???
    Did you shutdown the device?

Kernel (zImage) and modules (in androidupdate.tgz) need to match. It is not a very convenient install process though. Put the zImage and androidupdate.tgz files onto your SD in /sdcard/andboot folder, and use Haret to boot into Linux. As soon as you see the Penguin, push the center of the screen until you get the menu. Then install updates, and continue to boot. If you still have problems, I can't be very helpful since I don't use my Kaiser anymore.
    In fact, if anyone in US wants a Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) for the cost of shipping, PM me.