[Q] can't root e973?

Search This thread

taylorheaps

Dec 27, 2012
Im trying to root my canadian e973 but nothing seems to work. Rooting procedure seems to root but when i reboot it isn't? Can someone please help !

jiexi

May 1, 2012
Were you able to downgrade back to E97310f ? Yup, worked for me

Did that downgrade make your phone rootable? Yup, root worked

What root method are you using? Google LG Optimus G root, and look for the page on android central for the spring lgog

Last edited:

Supa_Fly

Dec 28, 2012
Toronto
Ok ... so I'm going to follow the rules of XDA ....
Don't post a new thread ~ even if this is different from my model and predicament as it seems to me - a newb.
Search for threads on Q&A, read thoroughly through threads to see if you can find what you're looking for.

Goal: I'd like to root my Telus LG Optimus G, so that I can run "CM10.1" or "JPO40D] Google AOSP Optimus G LGE-973"

Fustration: It would seem, to us newbs at least, that the more experienced veteran members that we're an annoyance asking for steps by steps; thus only getting very generic (an example ... How do I get a citizenship in the USA, get a green card) answers. I'm not here to piss anyone off ... I'm just trying to get some help to make my first android experience worthwhile. Everyone had to learn from somewhere, someone else - yet too many on these threads have forgotten that .... the ESSENCE of a community!

This is what I've done thus far ....

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36859752&postcount=246

^ apparently I need to ROOT my Telus E973.

This tool in his thread is SUPPOSED to do it. "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18"
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

^ this doesn't frak'n work so what am I supposed to really do???

notes:
Downloaded the "LGE973AT-00-V10e-TLS-CA-OCT-24-2012 0[TELUS CANADA]"
Does anyone have a step by step guide to get to the hidden RECOVERY menu (Power + UP & DOWN buttons from full power off state)!
Yes I've seen that youtube video posted by one of the android modders here - doesn't work. Arrgh!
I feel like throughing this G to the wall and just going back to my iPhone 5 until BB10 is available :( not ideal really.

Last edited:

mike1767

Oct 25, 2008
Bell E97310F KDZ

I brought my phone in for repairs and it was updated in the process. I want to root again, but can't seem to find a KDZ to downgrade. All of the links that I find are dead. Any ideas?
N/M There was a link in the general section that explained that the address had been updated. If anyone else is looking for it, this worked for me
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGE973/ABLMBK/E97310F_00/E97310F_00.kdz

Last edited:

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina
thanks! but im not on bell. im on sasktel. i think its the unlocked rom

Sasktel and Bell are pretty much the same thing.....if your on software version of 10h and on Sasktel, revert back to 10f using the Bell .kdz file, then root. You can update via OTA after your rooted and will retain it.

Sent from my almost Nexus 4 E973 using xda app

xxbeanxx

Sep 19, 2010
Conception Bay South
Not sure why everyone is recommending downgrading to root when there is a perfectly usable method for the latest firmware.

Just create a file named g_security on your internal sd card, turn on adb debugging, get an adb shell, and you'll be root. Download su, copy it to /system/xbin, setuid it and you're rooted. You can then get superuser or supersu from play to seal the deal.

I didn't find this method, just passing along what appears to be overlooked information.

brownsmell

Jun 21, 2011
Not sure why everyone is recommending downgrading to root when there is a perfectly usable method for the latest firmware.

Just create a file named g_security on your internal sd card, turn on adb debugging, get an adb shell, and you'll be root. Download su, copy it to /system/xbin, setuid it and you're rooted. You can then get superuser or supersu from play to seal the deal.

I didn't find this method, just passing along what appears to be overlooked information.

What?!
Which folder do you create the empty file named "g_security". If this really does work xxbeanxx you should start a new thread, this is kind of a big deal.

bryan065

Mar 10, 2011
Markham
What?!
Which folder do you create the empty file named "g_security". If this really does work xxbeanxx you should start a new thread, this is kind of a big deal.

he's a freaking genius, i've been using that method to root. xxbeanxx should really start a new thread and spread this

1. just create the "g_security" at the root of your internal memory then turn on adb debug (if its already on, turn off and back on)
2. when you adb in you'll have root.
3. push su to /system/xbin
4. in adb, chmod 4755 /system/xbin
5. ???
6. profit!

=D

SN4K3B1T3

Aug 21, 2010
Vancouver

i try this but it says folder is read only, even after trying to adb remount

edit: got root finally, thank you good sirs

Last edited:

IcEeeX

Feb 15, 2013
i have a bell e97310h and i did not had to e97310f for it to be rooted. but i did to go to e97310f so that it would allow me to change the rom.
as for getting it root i have used both method and they both worked. Freegee from app store and also from the xda forums.

omnius1

Mar 28, 2011
i have a bell e97310h and i did not had to e97310f for it to be rooted. but i did to go to e97310f so that it would allow me to change the rom.
as for getting it root i have used both method and they both worked. Freegee from app store and also from the xda forums.

FreeGee requires root and is for unlocking the boot loader after that, I'm trying to find a reliable known method for rooting the Bell Optimus G first. One that also has unroot. I've searched around here but I can't seem to find any common agreed upon root for the Bell OG

IcEeeX

Feb 15, 2013
Originally Posted by fiddy619

I really would have posted this much sooner, however, this particular method was being kept secret with the intention of the exploit still being available upon US Jelly Bean release. Since this has been outed, and is now public, i will share a more proper script of the same method. I actually kept the adb shell id command, as it is pretty useful for this operation.

Main differences in my script is that you don't need to ever disconnect your phone.

1. Unzip the zip file
2. Make sure USB Debugging is on, and your are in Charge only Mode
3. Run the CurrentRoot.bat, wait for the prompt
4. Change to MTP mode.
5. Wait for your computer to ask how to view files.
6. Press enter in the CMD prompt to continue.
7. Done.

This is a fully working method for the most current US/Canadian releases, and Jelly Bean releases. BTW, the current release does not install busybox correctly, includes SuperuserPro.apk (which I'm sure wasn't purchased by everyone downloading this). Also I have updated it to the latest busybox, su binary's, and Superuser.apk available.

link for root kit.

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1693749&d=1359687263

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What version of recovery are you using? I found I needed to use 1.4.4.7 cwm before the rom would properly flash (this was flashing houtonns v03 rom)

Edit: sorry just noticed that you tried with twrp.

The fact that youre on the H version could be a problem.. ive performed the rooting/freegee/rom install off of the F firmware and its worked every time using cwm