Otterbox for One

Search This thread

tunppi

Feb 6, 2008
Otterbox announced cases for the One.
And here are they:

http://www.otterbox.com/htc-one-cases/htc-one-cases,default,sc.html

Definitely getting one for my One when i get mine. I hope they release more colors before the launch though.
Have had good experiences from Otterbox cases since my HTC Touch HD and HD2, still going strong, and saved my immortal HD2 many times.

Haven't tried other companies yet since Otterbox hasn't failed to protect any of my devices.

matthewmcquay

Nov 29, 2011
Andalusia, AL
Sweet! If I wind up getting the HTC One, which is very likely, I will most definitely purchase a Defender case for it.

Hopefully Otterbox has fixed the problems that the Galaxy S III Defender case had for the One.

Sent from my Marble White SAMSUNG SGH-I747 using xda-developers app

riceatusc

Aug 4, 2011
South Carolina
I'll probably get the commuter case for mine. I had the defender on the HTC Evo LTE and the build quality of the belt clip was terrible. The clip that held the phone in the holster kept breaking off, I had it replaced twice and each of the replacements broke. It also happened to 3 other people that I know. I wish they would be like Seido and put a hinge in the clip. I might just get a TPU case for daily use, and an otter box for situations that call for it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Wh1techapel

Feb 25, 2013
Oxford
I've not used a case for my phone in the past 6 months, I just make sure my pockets are clear of shrapnel so nothing gets scratched.

Although with the HTC One it does look very scratchable. Think I may have to find a minimalist one closer to the time.

tunppi

Feb 6, 2008
Just ordered white model of One and probably going with otterbox commuter. Defender would be nice too but its too bulky for day to day use.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

SirSigma

Jan 12, 2011
Riyadh
I'm thinking of either the CruzerLite, the double dip case, or the Defender from Otterbox.

Then there's the chance a company like Trident will make a case. I usually like their cases.

crea78

Jan 17, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I like the Commuter case in glacier. That one looks very nice.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I'm curious to know if these and other cases will keep in mind that the infrared blaster is located in the power key?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Looks like on the Commuter case, the power button is not covered; just a blank hole so no need to worry.

Chund3r

Feb 27, 2011
Baltimore, MD
I really do like the Commuter glacier case, but I find I never drop my phone until I put a case on it.. I guess I tend to let my guard down when I falsely believe my case will protect my phone.. That is after all how I got my One X+, dropped my Inspire and watched as the screen shattered on cement. Thankfully though my otterbox case survived the ordeal perfectly fine while also protecting the back of the device... :p

tunppi

Feb 6, 2008
I just got an email saying they are available now.. Haven't got my phone yet..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Badr_75

Nov 1, 2010
Paris
...And very very big, isn't it ? Know that It's important to protect this jewell, but...we paid a lot to finally hide it...

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Guys which do you prefer? Defender or commuter case for the HTC One?

I like how the defender case cover's the front portion of the device but I am having doubts about how it is made for HTC One because of the 2 big speakers(top & bottom), front camera & the sensors.

Programguy

Jul 9, 2012
Looking good, I'll be taking the Commuter one (only because he's the lightest one :D). I have this case on my SGSII and he is good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Otterbox announced cases for the One.
    And here are they:

http://www.otterbox.com/htc-one-cases/htc-one-cases,default,sc.html

Definitely getting one for my One when i get mine. I hope they release more colors before the launch though.
    Have had good experiences from Otterbox cases since my HTC Touch HD and HD2, still going strong, and saved my immortal HD2 many times.

Haven't tried other companies yet since Otterbox hasn't failed to protect any of my devices.
    Has anyone found any stores that have them in stock? I've checked all my local stores I can think of (best buy, frys, etc). I ordered online from otterbox with the discount but it still hasn't shipped so I may have to cancel it and find a local as I doubt it will arrive in time.

My local AT&T store has the Defender in stock as well as a couple variations on the Speck cases. Full MSRP plus a nickel though ($50).