it's nice to have tablet ui back in 4.2.2, isn't it?

Search This thread

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
yes, i have got my tablet ui back in 4.2.2!!! so annoyed by the new ui

i love the tabletui soooooo much since i saw it about a year ago, then i turned all my s3 (sold) and note2 roms' ui into tablet mode. now, its my tablet z (but i may sell it for the locked bootloader since i want my custom rom and kernel)

:victory:

Attachments

• 422tabletmode.jpg
    422tabletmode.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 1,138
  • 422tabletmode2.jpg
    422tabletmode2.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 977
  • 422tabletmode3.jpg
    422tabletmode3.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 897

Flatnick

Nov 4, 2009
How did you do this? I downgraded cause i hate the new top menu in 4.2.2.

Sent from my SGP321 using xda app-developers app

nex86

Nov 9, 2010
I'm waiting for this as well o__o
If you tell me how to do it I'd update back to 4.2.2

Last edited:

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
I'm also interested in how you got back the old UI. However I noticed the small apps shortcut is missing.

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z

SWFlyerUK

Nov 9, 2010
I'm also interested in how you got back the old UI. However I noticed the small apps shortcut is missing.

Probably in the recent apps try seeing as though that's where Sony moved it in 4.2.2.

Please share the fountain of your knowledge on how you got this bud :)

Reactions: strung3

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Hi all

I was updating my blog before and included a simplified howto, sorry for late reply.
@Spartoi oh, u r rite. I didnt notice the tray until u mentioned it, coz i just got my tablet for more than a week's time, and then busy to root it, testing the roms and problems fixing

Anyway, its a matter of time when there will be a guy come out with the mod coz like many of you guys, a roll back to phone ui really upset me
However, i have to say goodbye to my tablet z. I love it but it is just not the right device for me. I prepared to work on those missing mods, tweaks etc that i think the tablet z needs and deserve to have before but finally i find myself difficult to live with this tablet for personal reasons

This is a nice tablet actually, but didnt draw much attention as other sony devices

Reactions: drubio and gfdsaorg

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
Hi all

I was updating my blog before and included a simplified howto, sorry for late reply.
@Spartoi oh, u r rite. I didnt notice the tray until u mentioned it, coz i just got my tablet for more than a week's time, and then busy to root it, testing the roms and problems fixing

Anyway, its a matter of time when there will be a guy come out with the mod coz like many of you guys, a roll back to phone ui really upset me
However, i have to say goodbye to my tablet z. I love it but it is just not the right device for me. I prepared to work on those missing mods, tweaks etc that i think the tablet z needs and deserve to have before but finally i find myself difficult to live with this tablet for personal reasons

This is a nice tablet actually, but didnt draw much attention as other sony devices

Its shame that you're selling your tablet as it seems you could have made a lot of cool mods for the Tablet Z.

Anyways I noticed in your blog that you will provide a mod to get the Tablet UI back for us less technical users. Will this include a mod for the WiFi version or just the LTE version?

ykkfive

Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
Its shame that you're selling your tablet as it seems you could have made a lot of cool mods for the Tablet Z.

Anyways I noticed in your blog that you will provide a mod to get the Tablet UI back for us less technical users. Will this include a mod for the WiFi version or just the LTE version?

i only have SGP321 10.3.1.A.2.67-1273-0364 on hand. for other versions, i will need the files

Reactions: gfdsaorg

Spartoi

Jul 31, 2009
Pomona
I'm on a stock Sony ROM so I think its odex. What are all of the files you will need?

Twincharger

Aug 17, 2012
If I root my tablet, can I perform the modifications you mention in your blog myself, that is, is that a text file I can just edit and save? I have 32GB WiFi version. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yes, i have got my tablet ui back in 4.2.2!!! so annoyed by the new ui

i love the tabletui soooooo much since i saw it about a year ago, then i turned all my s3 (sold) and note2 roms' ui into tablet mode. now, its my tablet z (but i may sell it for the locked bootloader since i want my custom rom and kernel)

:victory:
    Hi all

Probably in the recent apps try seeing as though that's where Sony moved it in 4.2.2.

Please share the fountain of your knowledge on how you got this bud :)

i only have SGP321 10.3.1.A.2.67-1273-0364 on hand. for other versions, i will need the files