[ROM] KK 4.4 Dandrio [OTA UPDATING ADDED]

Search This thread

Monkey_Grass

Dec 28, 2013
Surrey
Dandrio v1 is an aftermarket android firmware based on CyanogenMod for Samsung Galaxy S I9000 aka galaxysmtd​

Code:
# include
*Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead sd cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about the features included
* in this rom before flashing it! You are the one choosing to make these 
* modifications, and if you point the finger at me because you have a messed up device
* I will simply laugh at you.
*/

Main Rom Features
Fast and stable rom with performance tweaks
Based On CM11 Source
Semaphore KK Kernel
Semaphore Kernel Manager
Xposed Framework included
GravityBox Installed (Fully Working) If gravitybox does not start ensure that you have set up xposed framwork properly and enabled gravitybox in the modules menu
Beats Audio Engine
CM Focal camera app included but for now there is no video recording with this app
GPS.conf tweaks

Art & Dalvik
Although converting to ART is possible I do not recommend it
It will make boot up time considerably longer and many apps may not be compatible

Themes
CM Circle theme is set as default but can revert to stock by changing in theme chooser

Known Issues
None!

Installation Proceedure
1. Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache
2. Install Dandrio
3. Install Gapps Package
4. Set Up Rom Then Reboot
5. Enjoy Dandrio

Download
Dandrio Rom- Download
GoogleApps- Download

How to report a problem
Just PM me or post it here in the Dandrio thread

Rom Info
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Semaphore KK
ROM Firmware Required: Must be flashed from a recent 4.3 or 4.4 build
Based On: CyanogenMod

FAQ

1. I want to turn of transparency to lower ram usage, how do I do this?
Add this line to your build.prop
Code:
ro.config.low_ram=true

2. Do I have to use the included GoogleApps package?
No. If you dont want google apps just dont flash the package!

3. I get status 7 when flashing how do i fix it?
Reboot and try again. Make sure you are flashing from at least 4.3
If this does not work either remove this from the update-script
Code:
ui_print("Checking device ID...");
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxysmtd" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxysmtd" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000M" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000M" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000T" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000T" || abort("This package is for \"galaxys,galaxysmtd,GT-I9000,GT-I9000M,GT-I9000T\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););

4.I am getting Invalid Rom (DandrioUpdate) & device (gt-i9000) combo when refreshing updates?
Ignore this message. It is a bug that is displayed when there is no new updates, the reason this is displayed is because for the moment there is not actually any OTA Update Centre support for KitKat. Hopefully the dev will update the app and all will be back to normal !

Development
I am always happy to accept feature requests just pm me or post it here in the Dandrio thread !

Thanks
pawitp & stratosk for semaphore kernel

Last edited:

jasonham15

Aug 14, 2012
Hi! Is it possible to dirty flash this on top of another 4.4 KitKat ROM?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Monkey_Grass

Dec 28, 2013
Surrey
Hi! Is it possible to dirty flash this on top of another 4.4 KitKat ROM?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Yes. You should be able to dirty flash it although i wouldnt advise it as this could cause problems with the firmware, if you run into any problems let me know!
Alternatively just play it safe and backup your current rom using CWM or TWRP, this is the safest bet seeing as Dirty flashing will most likley cause problems. If you backup with CWM or TWRP and then cleanly install my rom you can choose to restore just the data partition so you can run my rom and keep your data !

Last edited:

lulek01

Mar 24, 2013
Jesenice
Cmon guys, Absolutely no feedback at all ?!

I tryed your ROM recently and it feels very smooth, especially with that circle theme. If i try to install and enable Beats audio, DSP Manager crashes o_O i dont know what the problem is, it seems it cant have both ? :) and Focal also doesn work just black screen appears. Will try it's other features and report after a few hours of usage ;) Thx btw @Monkey_Grass :D

Monkey_Grass

Dec 28, 2013
Surrey
I tryed your ROM recently and it feels very smooth, especially with that circle theme. If i try to install and enable Beats audio, DSP Manager crashes o_O i dont know what the problem is, it seems it cant have both ? :) and Focal also doesn work just black screen appears. Will try it's other features and report after a few hours of usage ;) Thx btw @Monkey_Grass :D

Thanks @lulek01 and yeah i know about the beats audio engine i am working on it o.0 seems that beats audio is its own automatic dsp manager therefore normal dsp manager won't work :s. And as for focal, it is in beta stages and cyanogen mod have said themselves "Focal is a beta camera app designed by the cyanogen mod team and may not work on certain roms"

When i fix this i will release an ota update :)

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully my rom will become your main one:good:

idCyber

Oct 28, 2012
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Please provide an extra mirror. The ROM link to dropbox says " Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too
much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dandrio v1 is an aftermarket android firmware based on CyanogenMod for Samsung Galaxy S I9000 aka galaxysmtd​

Code:
    # include
    *Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead sd cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about the features included
    * in this rom before flashing it! You are the one choosing to make these 
    * modifications, and if you point the finger at me because you have a messed up device
    * I will simply laugh at you.
    */

Main Rom Features
    Fast and stable rom with performance tweaks
    Based On CM11 Source
    Semaphore KK Kernel
    Semaphore Kernel Manager
    Xposed Framework included
    GravityBox Installed (Fully Working) If gravitybox does not start ensure that you have set up xposed framwork properly and enabled gravitybox in the modules menu
    Beats Audio Engine
    CM Focal camera app included but for now there is no video recording with this app
    GPS.conf tweaks

Art & Dalvik
    Although converting to ART is possible I do not recommend it
    It will make boot up time considerably longer and many apps may not be compatible

Themes
    CM Circle theme is set as default but can revert to stock by changing in theme chooser

Known Issues
    None!

Installation Proceedure
    1. Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache
    2. Install Dandrio
    3. Install Gapps Package
    4. Set Up Rom Then Reboot
    5. Enjoy Dandrio

Download
    Dandrio Rom- Download
    GoogleApps- Download

How to report a problem
    Just PM me or post it here in the Dandrio thread

Rom Info
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Semaphore KK
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be flashed from a recent 4.3 or 4.4 build
    Based On: CyanogenMod

FAQ

1. I want to turn of transparency to lower ram usage, how do I do this?
    Add this line to your build.prop
    Code:
    ro.config.low_ram=true

2. Do I have to use the included GoogleApps package?
    No. If you dont want google apps just dont flash the package!

3. I get status 7 when flashing how do i fix it?
    Reboot and try again. Make sure you are flashing from at least 4.3
    If this does not work either remove this from the update-script
    Code:
    ui_print("Checking device ID...");
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxys" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxys" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxysmtd" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxysmtd" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000M" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000M" || 
           getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9000T" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-I9000T" || abort("This package is for \"galaxys,galaxysmtd,GT-I9000,GT-I9000M,GT-I9000T\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););

4.I am getting Invalid Rom (DandrioUpdate) & device (gt-i9000) combo when refreshing updates?
    Ignore this message. It is a bug that is displayed when there is no new updates, the reason this is displayed is because for the moment there is not actually any OTA Update Centre support for KitKat. Hopefully the dev will update the app and all will be back to normal !

Development
    I am always happy to accept feature requests just pm me or post it here in the Dandrio thread !

Thanks
    pawitp & stratosk for semaphore kernel