Is my charger not working 100%efficient?

Search This thread

thermax04

Nov 26, 2010
I have N9005 MJ7 rooted
iam using galaxy charging current pro, to measure my charger output, but with my phone gives only 1200mah, while our charger should gives 2000mah, iam using the original charger and cable which came with the mobile
is it normal, does anyone got a better score? which apps do u use?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshots_2014-01-19-19-23-45.jpg
    Screenshots_2014-01-19-19-23-45.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 573

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
I have N9005 MJ7 rooted
iam using galaxy charging current pro, to measure my charger output, but with my phone gives only 1200mah, while our charger should gives 2000mah, iam using the original charger and cable which came with the mobile

attachment.php

i get that as well dont think charging current pro is compatible with note 3 so dont worry about it :silly:

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have N9005 MJ7 rooted

That app is OK and probably your charger is also OK - the circuit that controls charging is probably limiting the current in order to keep it safe (for instance if it is too warm it might use an even lover current). Also the current is optimized as to be different at different levels of the battery capacity.

That being said I am always charging over night with a safe USB port - that way the current is 500mA max and the battery life is maximized, while I still get a completely full battery in the morning.

thermax04

Nov 26, 2010
That app is OK and probably your charger is also OK - the circuit that controls charging is probably limiting the current in order to keep it safe (for instance if it is too warm it might use an even lover current). Also the current is optimized as to be different at different levels of the battery capacity.

That being said I am always charging over night with a safe USB port - that way the current is 500mA max and the battery life is maximized, while I still get a completely full battery in the morning.

I have a friend who has a 3 month S4, he used to leave the battery charging over night also, and the battery swollen and life daily use decreased to less than a day in 3 month use only!!!

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have a friend who has a 3 month S4, he used to leave the battery charging over night also, and the battery swollen and life daily use decreased to less than a day in 3 month use only!!!

Yes, but:

- the S4 does not have the same charging algorithm as the Note3

- he was probably charging the S4 (which has different battery, charger and algorithm) at 1000 mAh or so (which was the most important point I was making, the 500 mAh are not 2x safer, are probably 4 to 8x safer, probably 20x safer than 2000mAh, that is not a linear thing)

- I think the S4 batteries had a certain defective batch (the media spoke at some point about it)

- there will always be a certain very small percentage of batteries that WILL go bad "no matter what", but that is usually exceedingly small if the charge process is done correctly.