[MOD][FIX] 5/14 Flashable!! (AOKP,AOKPCB,ICS,CM9,MIUI) Sprint Phantom Vmail

Search This thread

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
5/14 NOW CWM Flashable!! Added -AOKP/CB ICS/CM9/MIUI_V4) Fix Sprint Phantom Voicemail

Make a Nandroid Backup just in case, I'm not responsible if something messes up your phone.

FIX for AOKP, AOKPCB, ICS ,CM9 ,MIUI Sprint Phantom Vmail
ALL HAVE BEEN TESTED AND CONFIRMED WORKING BY ME ON LATEST VERSIONS OF THE ROMS AS OF 13 MAY

Instructions:

1. Go to 'Settings/Manage Apps' / Navigate to 'Phone' and press 'Clear data'.

2. Download attached -MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for your CURRENT ROM.
(A) CM9_6.1-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for Jokersax's ICS/CM9
(B) MIUI_V4-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for Spleef/TH3BILL's MIUI V4 2.5.11
(C) AOKP_AOKPCB-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for Spleef's [AOKP Build 35] and [AOKPCB 20120513-0133] Rom Ports.

3. Make a NANDROID Backup your current ROM just in case.

4. In CWM (I used Jokers CWM-v3 for all 4 Roms) FLASH your downloaded Zip
(Zip clears Phone.apk's Dalvik Cache for you but you can also clear it manually)

5. In CWM, Go to 'Advanced' menu and 'Fix Permissions' and then 'Reboot System'.

6. Once booted up, open up Phone app, Navigate to its settings and in 'Voicemail Settings' CHANGE *86 to YOUR Mobile Number.

(STEP 7. Only for CM9) Uncheck 'Voicemail Notifications' checkbox to Disable, If not already Unchecked.

Then REBOOT your MoPho and enjoy :D

These Disable the persistent Ghost/Phantom Voicemail Notification & Icon that could only be removed by either clearing data in the phone app (and after every reboot), or the fix in which you can call Sprint to activate a dumb phone, leaving yourself a message and then clearing the voicemails, then reactivating your smartphone.

As you guys know, i search every devices sections, testing and trying out different mod's/apk's/zip's in hope that it would benefit us all, today i'd like to bring to you......Modified Phone.apk's which will get rid of the notification altogether, both the Icon and Notification in the pulldown menu.

*For those of you who have the Sprint VVM app installed or Use Google Voice for Vmail, this Mod wont mess up the Notifications for them.

**I CAN Confirm that Voice/Data/WIFI and Roaming work on Roms Mentioned above.

*** I DID NOT TEST TABLET-MODE FOR ANY OF THE ROMS WITH THESE MODIFIED PHONE.APK's SO PLEASE REPORT BACK.

--------------------------------------------
Big thanks to the Sprint Samsung Epic Touch 4G & Sprint Galaxy Nexus sections, been pulling apps from almost all the Roms there to test different stuff out that would benefit us MoPho guys too :) and got these.

Happy Modding :D

Attachments

• CM9_6.1-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 262
  • MIUI_V4-MoPhoPhantonVmailFix.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • AOKP_AOKPCB-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:

sub2k1

Oct 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
This worked fine for me except I don't like how it changed my incoming call screen. Now when receiving a call the answer button is partially hidden behind the home and back buttons. It is still usable but ultimately I'm trading one cosmetic flaw for another. I'm not sure which is more appealing.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Update

Updated OP with Updated CM9 phone.apk with Option to disable 'Voicemail Notifications' and also Added New TESTED & WORKING :D MIUI_Phone.apk

ezeuba

Account currently disabled
Sep 15, 2009
Usa
meettomy.site
5/14 NOW CWM Flashable!! Added -AOKP/CB ICS/CM9/MIUI_V4) Fix Sprint Phantom Voicemail

Make a Nandroid Backup just in case, I'm not responsible if something messes up your phone.

ALL HAVE BEEN TESTED AND CONFIRMED WORKING BY ME ON LATEST VERSIONS OF THE ROMS AS OF 13 MAY

Instructions:

(C) AOKP_AOKPCB-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for Spleef's [AOKP Build 35] and [AOKPCB 20120513-0133] Rom Ports.

(Zip clears Phone.apk's Dalvik Cache for you but you can also clear it manually)

5. In CWM, Go to 'Advanced' menu and 'Fix Permissions' and then 'Reboot System'.

6. Once booted up, open up Phone app, Navigate to its settings and in 'Voicemail Settings' CHANGE *86 to YOUR Mobile Number.

(STEP 7. Only for CM9) Uncheck 'Voicemail Notifications' checkbox to Disable, If not already Unchecked.

These Disable the persistent Ghost/Phantom Voicemail Notification & Icon that could only be removed by either clearing data in the phone app (and after every reboot), or the fix in which you can call Sprint to activate a dumb phone, leaving yourself a message and then clearing the voicemails, then reactivating your smartphone.

As you guys know, i search every devices sections, testing and trying out different mod's/apk's/zip's in hope that it would benefit us all, today i'd like to bring to you......Modified Phone.apk's which will get rid of the notification altogether, both the Icon and Notification in the pulldown menu.

*For those of you who have the Sprint VVM app installed or Use Google Voice for Vmail, this Mod wont mess up the Notifications for them.

*** I DID NOT TEST TABLET-MODE FOR ANY OF THE ROMS WITH THESE MODIFIED PHONE.APK's SO PLEASE REPORT BACK.

Big thanks to the Sprint Samsung Epic Touch 4G & Sprint Galaxy Nexus sections, been pulling apps from almost all the Roms there to test different stuff out that would benefit us MoPho guys too :) and got these.

I have a Droid Incredible flashed to a CDMA network here in Nigeria (Visafone). On Stock GB ROM there is a 'Clear Voicemail Notification' setting, under 'Settings > Calls', which I pretty much use since I have this problem. I had a Moto Q earlier and this problem carried over from that phone to the Droid Incredible. Now I am on CM9 ICS Unofficial ROM and the only way I could get rid of this annoying notification was from 'Settings > Manage Apps > Phone > Force Stop'. This is very cumbersome to say the least. Your mod fixed this for me... It works well. I have rebooted severally and still no notification. Thanks.

enzyme

Sep 30, 2008
It worked for me. But like Sub2k1, it changed my incoming call screen and like he said, trading one flaw for another. I am just barely able to answer a call. Most of the slide button is placed off the screen. As of now I can deal with the phantom notification better than this. If there is a better fix, please let us know. On Joker's latest.

pppppp

Nov 12, 2006
San Jose
This app did solve my problem. The answer slider is covered in the default app, but you can install a skin anytime. A layout mismatch isn't as annoying as the frigging cassette icon and sound notification every 5 minutes!

I am using CM9 on an XPERIA PRO

In the country I am in, both carriers are ruthless. Their way or the highway. After four years of pleading, they haven't disabled my voicemail. Of course, they charge for every voicemail hit. At least I can forget about it now. Hit TY, moonzbabysh.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions: