Upgrade

Search This thread

roblisa777

Jan 4, 2014
Kanata
I have been trying for 3 day to figure out how to upgrade my Samsung Fascinate with 2.2 firmware 2.6.32.9 kernal and froyo.tljl3 build number. I've tried threw kies and I can't seem to do it on my laptop. Please help

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
I have been trying for 3 day to figure out how to upgrade my Samsung Fascinate with 2.2 firmware 2.6.32.9 kernal and froyo.tljl3 build number. I've tried threw kies and I can't seem to do it on my laptop. Please help

[GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238070

from the General section

Guess some of it might depend on what ROM you want to upgrade to and what OS you run on your PC...

Edit to update for proper model of OP:::
well if a telus fascinate then look-- HERE -- still in the General Section
[TELUS T959D FASCINATE] One Stop Shop (updated June 29 2013)

Last edited:
Reactions: roblisa777

roblisa777

Jan 4, 2014
Kanata

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238070

from the General section

Guess some of it might depend on what ROM you want to upgrade to and what OS you run on your PC...

I'd just like to go to something like gingerbread or even jelly bean just something newer lol I have no clue about this just what I've been reading lol

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
let's set a couple things straight..

first off, all the updates for the Verizon Fascinate (i500) were done through OTA. nothing was done through Kies.
What model do you have? there's the fascinate, mesmerize, showcase, and the telus fascinate (which is more like an i9000, or galaxysmtd)

also, i believe all of the i500 variants have official Gingerbread of some sort. the verizon fascinate has 2.3.5 which you can get through an OTA or through Odining

but what do you want to update to? do you want to delve into custom ROMs (unofficial firmware, that's how you can get Jellybean running on this phone)? or do you just want to play it safe and go official?

roblisa777

Jan 4, 2014
Kanata
first off, all the updates for the Verizon Fascinate (i500) were done through OTA. nothing was done through Kies.
What model do you have? there's the fascinate, mesmerize, showcase, and the telus fascinate (which is more like an i9000, or galaxysmtd)

also, i believe all of the i500 variants have official Gingerbread of some sort. the verizon fascinate has 2.3.5 which you can get through an OTA or through Odining

but what do you want to update to? do you want to delve into custom ROMs (unofficial firmware, that's how you can get Jellybean running on this phone)? or do you just want to play it safe and go official?

Well it is the telus version

Top Liked Posts