WIP - Google Play Edition - M8

Search This thread

chriskader

Nov 29, 2009
Malvern
I was able to take a base from another XDA Dev (Thanks graffixnyc)

Script Modifications:
Mount points
Build.Prop check was removed until I find the correct ID for the Verizon M8
boot.img was removed

Working:
Boots
Bluetooth

Not working:
Camera
No cellular connection (No Data/Text/Calls)
GPS

Download: Link
MD5: bc44801ce43752e36375cfa6fb43ae1d

I think this will make a good base to help with further GPE development on the Verizon M8!

Flash at your own risk - I am not responsible for bricked devices. CWM Backup is HIGHLY recommended.

Correct ro.build.product name: htc_m8wl (Will be added on next update)

SELECT YES WHEN CWM ASKS YOU ABOUT RECOVERY REPLACEMENT.

Last edited:

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Originally from @myn in your other thread OP

Love to see threads like this :)

For the data/cell, move over the libril* file(s) in /system/lib from our Verizon stock ROM to the GPE ROM (do one at a time) and see if that fixes the issue with data. Also may want to verify the build.prop references the appropriate RIL ffilename if different from in GPE build.prop.

For SMS/MMS, try moving the *apns* files from /system/etc on our Verizon stock rom to GPE and again see if that fixes the SMS/MMS issue. If that doesn't resolve it, it's probably buried in the framework-res.apk under /xml/. You could try extracting the contents of the Verizon framework-res.apk and simply copy over the /xml/apns.xml into the GPE framework-res.apk.

Biggest advice I can give you is only move and test 1 file at a time. Sounds Tedious but it will save you sooo much time in the long run.

Good to see you working on this :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Clownzer

Dec 27, 2008
I was waiting for this! Thanks for kicking it off, I will be more than happy to test for you when it gets to that point.

androidoholic

Sep 17, 2011
Simi Valley, CA

Script Modifications:
Mount points
boot.img was removed

Working:
Boots
Bluetooth

Not working:
Camera
GPS

I think this will make a good base to help with further GPE development on the Verizon M8!

Flash at your own risk - I am not responsible for bricked devices. CWM Backup is HIGHLY recommended.

I will get working on this tonight when I get home.

androidoholic

Sep 17, 2011
Simi Valley, CA
I didn't know if gsm was broken as well. No problem man take time

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

It is not the cdma or the gsm radio.......basically it is like the drivers for it. The hardware it there and it works, but without the drivers you can't use it. But we will have it working soon...I'll be on it all night and tomorrow since I finally get a day off. So unless someone beats me to it you can expect most of it to be working tomorrow.

Reactions: shojus

digitalhigh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
Hey, you beat me to it! I started working on a GPE port last night, but didn't get anything finished. I'm downloading this now, and have gobs of experience fixing data between carrier versions of HTC devices - down to rewriting most of telephony-common.jar from scratch for my MIUI port.

In short...today is my birthday so I'll be out celebrating, but I'll see what I can do with this if time allows. I've got a good idea which bins and libs are required to make data happen, so I'll see if I can't help out. :D

chriskader

Nov 29, 2009
Malvern
It is not the cdma or the gsm radio.......basically it is like the drivers for it. The hardware it there and it works, but without the drivers you can't use it. But we will have it working soon...I'll be on it all night and tomorrow since I finally get a day off. So unless someone beats me to it you can expect most of it to be working tomorrow.

I have been copying .lib files from stock to GPE without luck. Since this is my main device I have to be careful about how much down time this phone has :(

GetRipped

Apr 8, 2012
Charlotte

There's been occasions where the drivers have to be written from scratch for HTC because they are not open source. Hopefully we don't get stuck there

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Evolutionmods

Feb 2, 2011
In front of the computer
Hey, you beat me to it! I started working on a GPE port last night, but didn't get anything finished. I'm downloading this now, and have gobs of experience fixing data between carrier versions of HTC devices - down to rewriting most of telephony-common.jar from scratch for my MIUI port.

In short...today is my birthday so I'll be out celebrating, but I'll see what I can do with this if time allows. I've got a good idea which bins and libs are required to make data happen, so I'll see if I can't help out. :D

happy birthday!! i have it downloaded ima take a peak inside also. thanks for the bring up Op!

Reactions: whskytango

chriskader

Nov 29, 2009
Malvern
I ordered a SIM adapater. Once it comes in I can swap between my M8, S4 and Galaxy Nexus. That will let me work and get this thing going faster as I Do not need to worry about my phone being down. 2 M8s would be even better though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Allright, I'm awake.

Why, what are we missing? I just got roaming fixed, diving into camera now. The magic in Zarboz' build, it seems, really is just in the build.prop, boot.img/modules, etc/firmware, and updater-script, apparently. No offense bro...you beat the rest of us to it...but I tossed that stuff into the one I'd been working on (sans all the VZW radio stuff,epst,etc.) and I'm now showing proper LTE Signal icon, and no roaming. :D:D

So, it's smooth, it survives reboots, LTE goes, phonecalls work...haven't tried MMS, but I'd imagine we're fine.

Just needs camera. Got ADB rolling now...will see what I can see.

Script Modifications:
    Mount points
    boot.img was removed

Working:
    Boots
    Bluetooth

Not working:
    Camera
    GPS

Correct ro.build.product name: htc_m8wl (Will be added on next update)

SELECT YES WHEN CWM ASKS YOU ABOUT RECOVERY REPLACEMENT.
    Just gotta fix camera and ill upload a 100% version :p
    I'm down to help anybody I can when it comes to getting us ANY other option aside from Sense. :D
    Oh $hit.

Who just fixed camera?

Yeah baby...

I'm done bogarting this thread. Will create a new one once I'm satisfied with a releasable version...