[how-to] flash modem/baseband from phone

Search This thread

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
I have the a way to install baseband if you are rooted, custom, or even on cyanogenmod like I was. When i tried to flash the NE6 baseband i could not get it to work for the life of me. I wanted to flash without PC. This is the little guide I came up with and will post links also so it it easier.

1. Download a Stock NF1 Custom rom. Also download Triangle Away, Rashr, Mobile Odin, Stock Kernel and recovery, and the Modem + NON-HLOS for NF1 Thanks @toastido @Chainfire @DsLNeXuS

2. Now flash stock NF1 rom via custom recovery

3. Once on NF1 firmware and NF1 stock kernel you must flash NF1 stock recovery. I did the via Rashr app

4. Now that you are fully (kernel, rom, recovery) stock rooted you can use triangle away to reset your flash counter

5. Boot back up and use mobile odin to flash NF1 baseband and viola! Updated baseband without having to connect to a computer.

IF THIS HELPED DON'T FORGET TO HIT THANKS.

Last edited:

Upstreammiami

Jun 8, 2010
Davie
You can't just flash the baseband in Odin with any rom?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kartoon33

Sep 21, 2010
Miami
Great instructions but I just have one question regarding the modems. So which modem zip do I need to extract before flashing with Mobile Odin? The Modem only zip or the Modem NonHlos zip? And if so, in Mobile Odin, which one is Modem #1 and Modem #2?

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Great instructions but I just have one question regarding the modems. So which modem zip do I need to extract before flashing with Mobile Odin? The Modem only zip or the Modem NonHlos zip? And if so, in Mobile Odin, which one is Modem #1 and Modem #2?
just go to mobile odin and there is a button that says open file. it will auto open and put the modem and nonhlsos

Reactions: glensta

chrisa887

Feb 25, 2012
wichita
where can i get the flashable zip of the stock firmware? all i have it the tar file but that wont work in recovery. sorry to bug ya again lol

Top Liked Posts