[GUIDE] Material Design SuperSU for Android L

Search This thread

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
@Dairox If you put it that way, then I am with you there. It definitely isn't real Material but you could say it is an imitation.

Thanks for the explanation though. Its Material enough for me, I don't expect it to have special code designs.

qu4nd

Sep 14, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Ok, I'm gonna explain this the simplest way I can: You have lemons, right? And you make something and you say it's lemonade, but the thing is that what you made wasn't lemonade, it was a lemon pie.

It's the same here, just because you used it something from the SDK that has to do with material doesn't make it material.
And yes, we appreciate the effort, but let's not misuse the concept and confuse other users :highfive:
That's exactly what I'm talking about!
@Dairox If you put it that way, then I am with you there. It definitely isn't real Material but you could say it is an imitation.

Thanks for the explanation though. Its Material enough for me, I don't expect it to have special code designs.
And thank you for sharing!

Cum

Dec 11, 2011
Why does NOBODY use a tinted statusbar? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY? WTF? WHYYYYY?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, this is just a small guide. Note this does not actually change any functions and all it does is it changes the user interface to a dark Material Design UI.

This is only for users running Android L which have root. And have SuperSU. My apologies if this has been mentioned but I couldn't find any post regarding this.

This is also for people that just want a bit more material design flavour on their Android L. And if you think this is useless, please leave, no need for trolls. :).

Procedure -

Open SuperSu, go to the Settings tab and scroll down to customisations. Then you will see an option for "Theme". Tap it and select "Device Default". The app will close, re-open it and you'll have Material Design.

Screenshots -

pe8yjezy.jpg

3u6yjysa.jpg

y5y6ajuh.jpg
    I'm confused.... So can supersu now make lemonade or lemon pie?

Sent from my Android L Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
    Not Material

I thinks this isn't Material Design, this is pretty much Holo, you should read the guidelines. Nice redesign though. :good:
    I'm confused.... So can supersu now make lemonade or lemon pie?

Sent from my Android L Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
    Both, but you need to add pie crust for the lemon pie.
    Where is my lemonade!!!
    Sorry, looks like we sold out.