gravity box issues

Search This thread

patp

Oct 27, 2006
One week with ZU and loving it. The stock Rom is fine for me but I want to use gravity box for my favorite tweaks. Mostly it works fine but does anyone know how to fix the following?

1. Quick settings seems immune to any tweaks at all. I really want the smart pull down.

2. Battery mods don't survive a reboot... the stock battery icon returns, but just the outline.

Many thanks.

One week with ZU and loving it. The stock Rom is fine for me but I want to use gravity box for my favorite tweaks. Mostly it works fine but does anyone know how to fix the following?

1. Quick settings seems immune to any tweaks at all. I really want the smart pull down.

2. Battery mods don't survive a reboot... the stock battery icon returns, but just the outline.

Many thanks.

Try Xperia Xposed(KK)

patp

Oct 27, 2006
Actually, it doesn't do what I wanted - no smart pulldown or status bar tweaks. Never mind.

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
Some of it works well, the power off menu and lock screen stuff for example. I thought the whole point of gravity box is to bring features from CM etc into stock roms.

yeah I noticed but its limited.. no no the purpose is to bring features to roms where you can not find the provided features in the Gravitybox module to turn on or off in the settings app in the rom without typing the strings in a terminal or setup manual scripts to set on boot. Who would wanna do that everytime.. :rolleyes:

Its an app module that provides a simple user friendly UI to change strings on or off and even modify the values. For example, change the height of the navigation bar. Or remap the short push and long push action of the soft keys in the navigation bar in a few simple steps.

Last edited:

patp

Oct 27, 2006
gravity box does not work on sony rom, only on AOSP/CM and mildly modified roms

Oh I see, so features that were added by Rom devs simply don't have the underlying code to be addressed. Makes perfect sense, though it's a shame the stock battery outline keeps reappearing, it goes away when I toggle in GB but returns on reboot.

I can see me investigating custom roms sooner than I thought.