[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 9 (08/12/2012)

Search This thread

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
all they need to do is tie in theme support. CM9 has its own theme engine. If you check it now its probably a place holder.

There are many themes available. Thats what makes this so great.

When our dev for the tab plus 3G get calls, text and data working, I'll be more than happy to help theme.

Edit: ICS RELOADED does NOT support tablets as of yet. Damn!

CM9 theme engine update: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1616395

Last edited:

faridaizuddin

Apr 8, 2010
Marang
Its stupid its like a copy of windows . I think it work much better at the top. How hard will it be to change it to the top

Sent from my Wildfire using xda premium

Know what.. I don't wanna have a fight with you or whatsoever.. But one thing you should learn about Android is 'differentiation'.. Since Motorola XOOM came out, with Honeycomb OS 3.0 Google decided to make tablet version for Android is like this which is absolutely different from any smartphone UI. But if you take a look at Apple iOS, no matter with what kind of devices you use from Apple (except their notebook) it will looks like iPod's UI since 2007? I have no doubt at all to mention about it. Well, for me it just fine with my Tab 7.7 Honeycomb OS. I used HTC Tattoo before and yes notification tray from above is absolutely sleek.
I tried iPad 2 before I bought this Tab 7.7 to make sure I didn't make a wrong move but although with iOS smoothness and easier (easiest OS I might said) I just feel that Android ecosystem will make my geeks satisfied than iOS.
As you said copy from Windows right? Why don't you take a look at MiUi ROM.. How many 'style' does it copied from? :cool:
'Differentiation' is a must for Android. Just live with it or if you don't like to there are many other choices. And plus, Windows 8 tablet will come out around at the end of this year. Don't want anything look alike Windows? Then maybe Windows 8 tablet is for you..

Just my 5 cents though..

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
I'd say right now the priority is bug squashing so we can go to beta/stable, not changing core features!!!!

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
Yeah, looking through it, so far nothing useful. Unfortunately real life has been taking up all of my time recently, so I haven't had much of a chance to work on this (but I really want to :(), hopefully I'll get a bit more time soon. It would help if I wasn't the only one working on this :).

Reactions: 白い熊 and mckay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've started porting CyanogenMod 9 to the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the developers try to stablize CM9. I don't have time to help people unbrick their devices, and will not take responsibility for any user bricking their device, you flash this at your own risk.

If you are a developer interested in helping out with the porting effort, please PM me.

Known Issues
    • HDMI dongle doesn't work
    • Some USB keyboards aren't working
    • I815: CDMA and LTE isn't enabled
    • I815: GPS doesn't work
    • I815: Autobrightness is broken
    Download
    Google apps can be found at http://goo.im/gapps
    Old

Flash
    Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery, make sure to wipe data/factory reset. No whining if it eats your homework.

Build Instructions
    Setup a standard CyanogenMod 9 build environment (there are plenty of tutorials on the web already on how to do this). Then
    1. Add add the following entries to your local manifest
      Code:
      <project path="device/samsung/XXX"
          name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_XXX" 
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      <project path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab"
          name="ohanar/android_device_samsung_smdk4210-tab" 
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4210-tab"
          name="ohanar/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210-tab"
          revision="ics"
          remote="github" />
      where you replace XXX with your device (i815, p6200, p6210, p6800, p6810, or t869).
    2. Make sure that your device is running the newest build of CyanogenMod 9 or stock ICS if your device has it.
    3. Make sure your device is plugged in and has debugging enabled.
    4. Run the extract-files script from your particular device tree.
    5. Run vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
    6. Your sources are now ready, to build run
      Code:
      $ . build/envsetup.sh       # this sets up the build environment
      $ lunch cm_XXX-userdebug    # this selects your device
      $ mka bacon                 # this builds CM
    Changelog
    • 08/08/2012
      • Hopefully remaining wifi issues fixed (wifi hotfix shouldn't be needed anymore)
      • Wifi tethering enabled (no clue if it works)
    • 08/03/2012
      • LPM fixed (can now charge while off)
      • Camera force closes fixed
    • 7/19/2012
      • P68x0: Autobrightness fixed
      • Bluetooth fixed (thanks to lowtraxx for pointing out where the issue was)
      • I815: LTE Modem's massive power drain fixed
    • 7/15/2012
      • Wifi! -- for real real, not for play play
      • P6800: SIM Toolkit Support
      • Hardware-Accelerated Video (Regression in 7/10/2012)
      • ASOP Charging mode (still not really working)
    • 7/10/2012
      • smdk4210-tab kernel
      • I815 build
      • vibration (regression in Alpha 2)
      • 3g data on P6800 (regression in Alpha 2)
      • Camera (both front and back)
      • Regression: Hardware-accelated video (this also means no previews in the Camera)
      • Regression: LPM
    • Alpha 2
      • smdk4210 kernel (common kernel used in the CM9 ports for the i9100, i777, n7000, p6200, p6210, p6800, and p6810)
      • USB gadget support
      • Hardware-accelerated video
      • Rear facing camera (only stills for now)
      • Better auto brightness (values still need to be tuned)
      • LPM (charge while off)
      • Probably other stuff (been a long time since last update)
      • Regression: Vibrator no longer works, we now get a beep instead
    • Alpha 1
      • Upgrade wifi driver to compat-wireless-3.4-rc3-1
      • GPS hopefully fixed (thanks to Alan Orth)
      • Data Usage fixed (thanks to Alan Orth + Galaxy Tab 10.1 devs)
    • DP3.1
      • Wifi fix that sometimes works
    • DP3
      • Torch App (thanks to Alan Orth)
      • Fixed reboot download
      • Wifi partially works
      • Other random bugs caused by building with gcc 4.6 (now using the recommended 4.4)
    • DP2.1
      • 3G/GSM fix (thanks to poisike)
    • DP2
      • Audio works!
    • DP1.1
      • Partial fix for autobrightness (gets brighter, doesn't get darker)
      • Phone like interface is gone
      • P6800: added GSM libraries, and basic 3g configuration

Credits
    • aorth -- set up the device tree for the GT-6200 (Tab Plus 3g), has been a great collaborator
    • poisike -- provided fix for 3g/gsm
    • teamhacksung -- set up the galaxys2 device tree, which was the basis for my tree
    Everyone who is having trouble with wifi, make sure you do the following
    1. Wipe/Factory reset
    2. If you know how make a logcat.
    3. If you made a logcat, post it, and if you didn't don't post anything -- I'm fully aware that Wifi isn't working for everyone
    4. Try the hotfix I've attached to this post

@loccera there is an old wpa_supplicant in the newest build. Thats why wifi isnt working for most of the users.
    If you mean it doesn't have the wpa_supplicant from stock ICS, that is because it is impossible to include a binary wpa_supplicant in the CM build process (if you tried, it would get overwritten by the one that is built from source). The reasoning is that wpa_supplicant is GPL'ed, so by law any alterations made to it that are used in a distributed binary must be publicly shared -- unfortunately Samsung has decided to ignore the law and has not released their modifications. The best I can do is provide a hotfix zip with the stock ICS wpa_supplicant until I manage to get the opensource driver fully functional.
    Thread Cleaned

I have cleaned all of the off topic posts from the last few pages. I remind all this is a development thread and not for general discussion.

EDIT: Once again i have cleaned this thread, please only post here if you have something to add to the development. Lets keep it on topic from now!​
    What I was really doing while all y'all were complaining about your lack of mobile data :p
    So aorth just fixed RIL, the last outstanding issue from switching kernels that has plagued the Tab 7+. Unfortunately we weren't as lucky, and had a few more:
    • screen glitches (which make the build unusable)
    • the vibrator is broken (and produces annoying beeps)
    I'm currently waiting on the note source drop before trying to fix those, but once I do, I plan on posting a new build which should have the following fixed
    • usb gadget support (adb should work on all platforms, mtp should work, usb tethering, etc...)
    • hardware accelerated video
    • proof of concept camera (this and wifi are what I'm currently working on)
    • possibly other stuff that I'm forgetting