[Q] What is acceptable battery life time for a smartwatch?

What is acceptable single charge working time for a smartwatch?

• 1 Working Day (12 hours)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Full Day (24 hours)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 3 Days (72 hours)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

JoeeeWhite

May 22, 2014
yeah, if you charge it same time with your phone, it's fine. but i was thinking about it and exactly when the phone is on the charger i want to have the smartwatch on my arm, to get any notifications and updates.

jawis

Aug 7, 2005
LG Android Wear discharging at same rate as phone

Hi all,

I am using the Note 3 with my LG watch. From 7am to now at 1130am my Note3 is at 74% while the LG is 75%. Both units appear to be discharging at the same rate for me.
I was wondering if this is on par with what others are getting?

Personally I wasn't expecting Android Wear to discharge as fast as this. I was hoping to get at least 2 days before charging, but at this rate I don't think this is possible.
I changed from a Sony Smartwatch2 to this LG. The LG has a much nicer screen, but I was getting a significantly better battery discharge rate on the Sony. In terms of notification experience between the 2 watches I think it has been about the same so far.

What has lured me to the Android Wear is having Google Now and a nicer screen. I am thinking perhaps, this is what is putting addition battery drain on the watch? I really hope future updates will increase battery efficiency on both phone and watch.

jawis

Aug 7, 2005
Update on battery life

Hey Guys,

My LG appears to have settled down now and appears to sip sparingly at it's power supply. Last night it was at 70% before I charged it for the evening. This evening it was at 65%. I suspect it's busier with notifications during a weekday.
Happy with this for now.

chambers7867

May 21, 2011
Detroit
i would say as long as you can do a full 24 hours on a watch, i will be content with it. I have the lg g watch as well as the qualcomm toq(yes i know different os..)and they both last a full day.. my electronics sleep when i sleep. cant ask/need more then that.