Mobile network state: disconnected

Search This thread

Edd.P

Jul 7, 2010
Got an x10 today off ebay, unlocked after browsing this forum, by htc-code, network shows carrier on home screen, signal shows 4 bars, yet in status it says mobile network state: disconnected, this results in me not being able to get any calls at all, not even a simple balance check, the sim card is pay&go whilst I sort it out but as far as I'm concerned it isn't a data plan issue or anything like that.
Just wondered whether this is an issue anyone knows anything about or whether it's been imei blocked or whether I should just get in touch with tesco.

possibly important info:
Tesco mobile
phone was locked to orange, now unlocked
firmware 1.6
baseband 1.1.25
kernel 2.6.29-rel semc-android semc #2
signal strength -85dbm 14asu
mobile network type utms
service state in service
mobile network state disconnected

2twiztid

Jun 27, 2010
Being a pay as you go, the SIM might need activating? Ring your Telco and see what they say.

Edd.P

Jul 7, 2010
The sim came out of another phone I've been using for the past 3 years :confused: I'll give them a call later to set up a data plan anyway.

Edd.P

Jul 7, 2010
Got hold of Tesco, they couldn't solve it, imei isn't blocked or anything, tried and Orange simcard (the network it was originally on) and that works and makes calls, my other sim doesn't make or recieve calls, so it looks like it hasn't been unlocked fully. I need to get hold of htc-code and try to figure out a solution, that is, when they're online. I'll post back with an outcome.

hondaguy

Mar 2, 2006
toronto
both my x10a and my nexus1 say the same thing, mobile network state disconnected, and my phones work great. i am on wifi now, but when i turn off wifi my phone has no issues with cellular data.

your phone must not be unlocked yet or you might not have entered your apn correctly. make sure the apn is correct for your network and try again

hondaguy

Mar 2, 2006
toronto
i just turned off wifi and waited for the 3g symbol to reappear and now my mobile network state reads connected. so this indicates if you are attached to the network for data only.

i would still make sure that you manually configure your networks apn settings and then try to make a call. i think i had an issue when i had flashed to a different firmware and had not entered my carriers info.

Edd.P

Jul 7, 2010
Thanks for the reply mate, I'll try that seeing as ferraripassion/sudarshan is offline :mad: I'll let you know how it goes.

Edd.P

Jul 7, 2010
Sort of fixed, manually entering APN puts up 3g symbol and changes mobile network state to connected, even on wap internet, but I still can't make or receive calls on this sim card :/

Edd.P

Jul 7, 2010
Thought I'd check the phone on checkmend this morning, although the phone does still work on an orange sim card, checkmend says

Ever blocked UK: This item has been blocked during its lifetime by one or more UK network(s).

IMEI Currently blocked: This item is currently blocked on one or more networks. It may still work on some networks.

So, with that, does anyone have any advice on IMEI unblocking/people to contact and getting my cash back? :(

skymera

Mar 28, 2010
Write to matey boy on eBay and get money back. Because clearly, he's sold a non-working phone that's probably been nicked.