Search This thread

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Not Google Gapps

This tutorial will increase your internal memory size
14.Finally we install Gapps
15.Reboot phone

I think that the Google GAPPS isn't be really necessary.... for what do I need it?:confused:

In my opinio Gapps only do the Google services, not nothing about Data2SD, because in my device, now I've the Jikantaru patch funcionally without any the any Google Aplication:rolleyes:

Send from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk

Sep 24, 2011
Kotkapura
Thanx... Works like a charm...

Thanx Dude... Works like a charm....

But i hear that the performance of Link2sd is better than this script...

What do you think????

j00k3r

Jan 20, 2012
OMG, thank U man, U need to see my face when I saw this beautiful info, Internal Storage - 460 MB free, oh I love it ! :D

cheers ! ;)

kobredabre

Dec 14, 2011
Novi Sad
Thanx Dude... Works like a charm....

But i hear that the performance of Link2sd is better than this script...

What do you think????

Link2sd is better in the start since you can CONTROL what app you want and where do you want those... some apps r just made to go to REAL internal memory and behave better there and, according to many proven ppl around, performance is much better with link2sd (not tested bye myself though)
Me myself is just perfect happy with link2sd from first version of Cyanogenmod by alquez and 10th or more version of nightly-es so far. From my point of view data2sd is only good for show up with school friends "look dude, how much memory i have!" :p

aadamkoo

Mar 1, 2012
Question

I followed the tut and my phone rebooted back to normal, the partition took 2gb out of my SD card (8gb) but my storage is still 150... Is it normal??? :D Any suggestions?

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
I followed the tut and my phone rebooted back to normal, the partition took 2gb out of my SD card (8gb) but my storage is still 150... Is it normal??? :D Any suggestions?

You probably need a script...also it will show I'm titanium backup as sdext

Oh my ... People are getting stupid...

falsinho

Jul 28, 2010
Évora
I need some help. I have a Wildfire S A510e with s-on (hboot 0.90.0000). How can i s-off and install custom roms? I read a few threads but i don't want to break anything. help?

comaX13

Feb 27, 2012
comax.fr
I need some help. I have a Wildfire S A510e with s-on (hboot 0.90.0000). How can i s-off and install custom roms? I read a few threads but i don't want to break anything. help?

First you have to unlock the bootloader ont htcdev.com Then follow tutorials on how to root your phone. It's quite easy, don't worry.
(Ps : you're a little off-topic bro)

bagofbits

Feb 28, 2012
Northampton
Huge thanks....

The best post ever for the Wildfire s, everyone just follow the instructions as supplied and enjoy a great rom and stacks and stacks of storage..

Many thanks .......

:):):):):):):)

bagofbits

Feb 28, 2012
Northampton
After the update advice please....

The best post ever for the Wildfire s, everyone just follow the instructions as supplied and enjoy a great rom and stacks and stacks of storage..

Many thanks .......

:):):):):):):)

Hi pickoniznik,

I posted a thanks for u, sorry I missed it on my first reply ... Once again huge thanks..

Bit of extra advice if u could please ....

I use rom manager (free version) and it helped me during the install of ur post, I don't have a recovery flashed at the moment, do I just flash one and does it have any effect on the setup as now following your original post?

Secondly I downloaded the CM7 nightly and used that for the process, If I want to keep updated with this (weekly Maybe) do I just flash a rom (using rom manager) or do I need todo more than that ?

Hope u can help and thanks again, still got 1.68Gb internal :):):):):):):)

Squadra156

Sep 28, 2008
(NL) Nijmegen
Hello,

Can someone help me on this issue?
Today i bought a new storage card 16gb kingston sdhc class 4.
I followed the tut again but this time data2sd seem to cause issues when starting up after installing the rom. After the reboot the system crashes or is very lagging. I also cant complete the startup wizard.

I noticed that it does not matter if I choose a small or bigg partition 512mb or 2gb. When i install cyanogen without data2sd and without a partition on the card this problem does not occur. Does anyone know something about this?

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Hi pickoniznik,

I posted a thanks for u, sorry I missed it on my first reply ... Once again huge thanks..

Bit of extra advice if u could please ....

I use rom manager (free version) and it helped me during the install of ur post, I don't have a recovery flashed at the moment, do I just flash one and does it have any effect on the setup as now following your original post?

Secondly I downloaded the CM7 nightly and used that for the process, If I want to keep updated with this (weekly Maybe) do I just flash a rom (using rom manager) or do I need todo more than that ?

Hope u can help and thanks again, still got 1.68Gb internal :):):):):):):)

I see you have managed to install the tut and end up with 2 gb internal mem. Can u tell me what kind of microsd card you are using?

bagofbits

Feb 28, 2012
Northampton
Your Issue

Hi Squadra156,

I flashed a nightly rom, i hav a 8gb sd card and created a 2gb partition. I get a number of 'not responding' in particular with go launcher that i use. I find that if I've used an app a few times it seems to get better with time. Until u hav 2 reboot that is.

I can cope with this bit of annoyance for the time being coz the wildfire s internal memory issue was a real prob for me. Now it's fine.
Did u see my other reply earlier ? If so can u help me.

Cheers

elementpz

Feb 23, 2012
Well my suggestion to Wildfire users is to pass this 'tutorial' as far as I saw it ****ed up the whole ROM can't use market , after restart can't connect to sdcard , at all i tried it twice and never more. This sucks. :eek:

Squadra156

Sep 28, 2008
(NL) Nijmegen
Well my suggestion to Wildfire users is to pass this 'tutorial' as far as I saw it ****ed up the whole ROM can't use market , after restart can't connect to sdcard , at all i tried it twice and never more. This sucks. :eek:
Then you did something wrong, because in first it worked well for me (then i was using a 2gb standard samsung micro sd!) But I upgraded and after that i got the troubles. So its not to blaim the tut!

(slight problems I did have with the market, giving me a error 492) But I think that was because the change from market to google play during the day.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Hi Squadra156,

I flashed a nightly rom, i hav a 8gb sd card and created a 2gb partition. I get a number of 'not responding' in particular with go launcher that i use. I find that if I've used an app a few times it seems to get better with time. Until u hav 2 reboot that is.

I can cope with this bit of annoyance for the time being coz the wildfire s internal memory issue was a real prob for me. Now it's fine.
Did u see my other reply earlier ? If so can u help me.

Cheers
Ok mate, but i ment to ask is what kind of microsd card do you use? Because i think the lagging part of my story with my new 16gb card is because its class 4. The best way to use this is to stick with class 10 cards.

After all I followed the other tut to create a partition with minitools and let link2sd do all the work. Its basically the same.

To answer your questions, I did not have problems you mention at all, and I really dont know any solution to help you with that. The only thing I could made up is back everything up and install again from scratch . :D

Squadra156

Sep 28, 2008
(NL) Nijmegen
Unlocking your device allready does loose warranty, what did you think? If your S-off maybe not... But at the end I HTC will deny your problems and blaim you for rooting your device. But hey , what are you doing on this board if you even care about your warranty :p ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tutorial will increase your internal memory size

my screenshots as proof in attachment!

added screenshots with english language :)

Requirements:
    Root/Unlocked bootloader
    custom recovery

-this tutorial only shows you how to install fresh version of CM 7.2 with Gapps and bigger internal storage

TESTED ON CM 7.2 AND HENSE MOD 4
    other roms need testing...

This tutorial is made and tested by me on my rooted WFS
    First step:Backup your apps and settings with Titanium Backup, Make a nandroid backup and also save your whole content of SD card!

Let´s go:

1.Use POWER+HOLD DOWN to start BOOTLOADER and choose RECOVERY
    2.Choose wipe data/factory reset
    3.wipe cache partition
    4.Advanced->Wipe dalvik cache
    5.Ok,let´s go to increase internal memory size
    6.Choose Advanced->Partition SD card
    7.Choose new size of IM(Internal Memory),what you want (max 2GB), size depends of size your SD card, e.g I have 2GB sd card so I used only 512MB( new size of SD card is now 2GB-512MB=1,5GB)
    8.In next step choose OM
    9.Choose Mounts and storage->mount USB storage
    10.Copy files from attachment to sd card(download CM 7.2 :here)original data2sd http://www.mediafire.com/?757066a1516tdkt
    11.Now go back and choose Install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard
    12.Choose CM 7.2 file ,start installing
    13.Next step we need to install Data2SD,which we have on SD card,so install it
    14.Finally we install Gapps
    15.Reboot phone
    16.Restore apps from Titanium Backup

Screenshots from my phone in attachment

Enjoy it.

credits to alquez,jikantaru :)

IF YOU LIKE THIS TUTORIAL,SAY THANKS :)
    This is the original link by Jikantaru for the Data2sd installer!

http://www.mediafire.com/?757066a1516tdkt

Hope it helps! :)
    Good to know that you like it :) so click thanks to appreciate this tutorial
    apicia: it works for me too, I used DATA2SD which is posted in my 1st post
    Updated Data2SD.zip link

Credit goes to izi501 for this!

Thanks much for this simple tut - I kept receiving "installation aborted" errors when flashing the Data2SD file, I have since located a version of Data2SD .zip that installed successfully and made this whole process smooth as butter.

I found it HERE from the #2 post in THIS thread.

Thanks again for the tutorial, and helping me help my wife's constant low memory errors :-/