[ROM} CyanogenMod 7 for the Motorola Defy :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011)

Search This thread

CyanogenMod

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Motorola Defy, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-jordan
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 79d6dc94930c36117f0326315ed0556f​

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

aaatoel

Jan 17, 2011
I installed it a few minutes earlier! By far faster and more responsive than the stock froyo I used to have! Thanks to all the ones that have contributed to this project! :D

feh_pexto

May 2, 2011
Presidente Prudente
Hello, I was using the 7.1 version but it was updated from the atest nightly.
When I tried to flash from stratch it just boot loops...

EDIT: I tried wiping data and now it works.

Last edited:

chab7

Jul 9, 2008
Parád

Always need wipe data when you go to another kind of roms !!!! (which is not same as rom update)
This is the 99% reason for flashing bootloop's :(

Reactions: vik24x7

nupi

Dec 11, 2010
I may stick with the nightlies in that case. Is there any material difference, anyway?

jayeshrc

May 2, 2011
so.. im running the leaked gb rom. is this what i should do to get this running on my phone?
1. flash official 2.2.2 (india)
2. wipe everything (factory reset)
3. using recovery install the cyanogenmod as an update from sd card

and this is reversible right? as in i can just wipe and flash any other rom if for some stupid reason i dont like this?

TJKV

Jun 25, 2011
so.. im running the leaked gb rom. is this what i should do to get this running on my phone?
1. flash official 2.2.2 (india)
2. wipe everything (factory reset)
3. using recovery install the cyanogenmod as an update from sd card

and this is reversible right? as in i can just wipe and flash any other rom if for some stupid reason i dont like this?

Yup...assuming you implied the rooting+2ndInit after flashing 2.2.2 :)

You can refer here for more details:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1065798

It hasn't been updated to include the official stable release but the instructions remain the same.

felipeap

Oct 23, 2010
Today is the happiest day in my Android life ... finally a device I own is the offical Cyanogenmod tree

\o/

jayeshrc

May 2, 2011
i did the update for cm7, but the phone doesnt boot into anything past the boot animation. it just keeps looping that animation and nothing else!

EDIT: oops, realized i hadnt wiped before updating.. so i just pulled the battery out, booted into the cem recovery and wiped. rebooted again and it worked. sisnt have to redo the whole flashing process.

Last edited:

LeopardSurd

May 31, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
there are still 2 bugs (at least):
1. camera FC bug if, during a video recording, the home button is pressed. The video file will be corrupt.
2. WIFI signal strenght doesn't update.

rsk_kelkar

Jun 3, 2011
Goa
Moto X
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
How to change WCDMA prefered, GSM only settings

There used to be an option in even 7.1rc1.5 to select the band in mobile network settings (Between national data roaming and access point names) to select 2g or 3g (WCDMA prefered, gms only etc.)

Now i dont have it on cm7.1 official. Is there a way to change these settings?

Also *#*#4636#*#* does not work for cm7

mandhir.s.bajwa

Sep 19, 2011
New Delhi
LG G8X ThinQ
OK here is my first report

It's much much stable now.
Not getting all the FC's which I was getting in 1.5
smooth interface
I had huge issues with my contacts earlier which is now sorted

Issue:
Camera is giving FC's sometimes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Motorola Defy, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-jordan
    Download: link
    MD5sum: 79d6dc94930c36117f0326315ed0556f​

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Using it already. Its great an fast! :D
    Waiting for next update. :D

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

Always need wipe data when you go to another kind of roms !!!! (which is not same as rom update)
    This is the 99% reason for flashing bootloop's :(
    ADW terribly slow but ADW ex factory goes well without errors. run without slowing down and freezing.