~The ¤Useless¤ Thread~ aka OT thread

Search This thread

aj_2423

Sep 21, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Anybody else tired of these male enhancement commercials? Who said men have no pressure to perform? I don't see any breast enlargement commercials. We men are pressured everyday....

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

Sounds like someones havin trouble with the ladies! HAHA! LOL jp jp

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium

Reactions: xndabox

Xcor3

Aug 14, 2010
Im late, but what happened to the S=OFF thread that was on the development section?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

G

glacierguy

LOL

Right outside of my sons school...I'm not sure where the tower is, but I consistently get my best speeds there :D

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
A quick question, im due for an upgrade soon, im trying to decide what to get. I've been looking at the amaze, right now I own a glacier an run a team there. If somebody can list, actually pros an cons of this phone, I'll greatly appreciate it.

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.
........Death before dishonor........
Team inferno
Leader

Jms122589

Jun 3, 2011
Elk river MN
A quick question, im due for an upgrade soon, im trying to decide what to get. I've been looking at the amaze, right now I own a glacier an run a team there. If somebody can list, actually pros an cons of this phone, I'll greatly appreciate it.

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.
........Death before dishonor........
Team inferno
Leader

Pros: big beautiful screen. Good form factor nice camera. Fast.
Cons: little development right now no AOSP Roms, allthough S-Off is in the works right now.
I had the amaze for like 2 months and I thought it was a nice phone and I was kinda sad to see it go but needed the money. Personally I would wait for the one (S)? Or the Galaxy S3. As great as this phone was it seems to be a bit of a dud with development and with these new phones coming out I can't see it getting to much better unless you can do something about it, love your work on the glacier

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Reactions: The Archangel

aj_2423

Sep 21, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Pros: big beautiful screen. Good form factor nice camera. Fast.
Cons: little development right now no AOSP Roms, allthough S-Off is in the works right now.
I had the amaze for like 2 months and I thought it was a nice phone and I was kinda sad to see it go but needed the money. Personally I would wait for the one (S)? Or the Galaxy S3. As great as this phone was it seems to be a bit of a dud with development and with these new phones coming out I can't see it getting to much better unless you can do something about it, love your work on the glacier

Slow development isnt really a "con" for a phone. More of an inconvenience. The phone itself is great and i really have no complaints about it. And in this case, its a dev asking, so what does it matter to him if development is slow, if they r looking to add to it..

via xda premium

freakboy13

Sep 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Slow development isnt really a "con" for a phone. More of an inconvenience. The phone itself is great and i really have no complaints about it. And in this case, its a dev asking, so what does it matter to him if development is slow, if they r looking to add to it..

via xda premium

128965699991121366.jpg

AJ I find your lack of uselessness disturbing.

now finish the story bish.

:p

Reactions: zer0sang31
G

glacierguy

Am I the only one who noticed that the Amaze now has a q&a section? Or have we had it all along and I've never noticed?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Jms122589

Jun 3, 2011
Elk river MN
I'm not saying its not a great phone I'm just saying newer things are on the horizon ...if I could find one for a decent price I'd jump on it :)

Last edited:
G

glacierguy

I'm not saying its a great phone I'm just saying newer things are on the horizon ...if I could find one for a decent price I'd jump on it :)

Someone is selling for like 400 on android-dev

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so i decided to make this thread for you people who like to post about things that dont mean anything or matter to us or that is completely unrelated to the Amaze. So please if you want to post something that doesn't require or whole new thread, or anything that is irrelevant to the amaze 4g, or you want to cry about something POST IT HERE. THANKS :D

Feel free to post anything youd like! No rules! Except xda rules of course :)

via xda premium
    Guys I finally did it! I compiled Cyanogenmod-10 from scratch on my Gentoo box. It took a bunch of trial and error and many failures due to the toolchain on my box being so new, and having to change $PATH statements so I could use older versions of Java and Python than what I normally run. It didn't help that nearly every tutorial is written for Ubuntu and most packages in Gentoo that correspond go by different names. I'm so psyched!!! So far I've got tethering and Bluetooth working, the auto brightness sensors work. The camera works at all resolutions, video has some minor glitches but does record @ 1080p. I'm still putting it through the works to see what does and doesn't work and what's buggy.....

Persistence pays off. I've been trying to build it now for over 3 months. Like I said I can't tell you how psyched I am that I got finally it to build!!!

below is a screenshot
    Just for arguments sake.. both are far superior than the iP5. Like if you agree ... lol
    Who wants to play a game.. its called "get aj's thanks count to 1,000!" Lol... I'm only 48 away!
    Bottoms up. Happy bday to my self