[ROM]|6-28-2012|Simple CM9|3.0 Kernel|

Search This thread

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
My new rom Glazed ICS is out so go and grab it and ENJOY. This rom will no longer be recieving features in fact i will be taking away useless stuf to make this a bareboned rom.

GLAZED ROM

Updated 6-7-2012 Scroll Down For Changelog. Scroll down for installing not included gapps (Like talk).

Hello Forum i would like to introduce a new rom called Simple CM9. As you can tell by the name this rom is special since it does not have all the useless items that most roms have. This rom is Sweet and To The Point. This is my first rom ever so give me a break if its bad. (Hope its not). I made this rom because i really enjoyed Takenover83 original cm7 bareboned rom, so i decided to make a ICS one, also because some people were requesting it in the original thread. Anyways enjoy your SPEEDY KINDLE.

Disclaimer - I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by flashing this rom or by modding this rom and flashing etc. I take no responsibility if your kindle breaks, bricks, sets on fire.

|Some of the features this rom offer are|
Super Fast Bootup (Should be working properly since last update)
Preloaded Gapps
Volume Slider in Notification
Extremely Good Battery Life
Great smooth performance
Modified build prop for more Play Store apps.
Custom Boot Animation
ABOUT 85MB <<<<<WOW

|Things that were removed.....| (Gonna upload a package later with all the items)
Some useless apps such as Voice apps
Removed a google search (Dont worry one is still there)
Removed all Live Wallpapers
Removed CM Wallpapers
Removed Androidian Theme
Removed alot of ringtones
Removed Alarm Tones
Removed Spare Parts
Removed lots of languages
Removed Facelock
Removed Default Android Videos
Removed Video Editor
Removed Google Talk
Removed Voice Search
Removed Nagging Setup Wizard (You can login to google account by going into the play store)
Removed News and Weather
Removed Bug Reporting and Feedback
Removed File Manager (Download a new one VIA Play Store)
Removed Download manager (Dont tap a file while downloading will crash browser)
Removed Developer Tools
Removed Terminal
Removed Superuser
Removed Trebuchet
Removed Google Search
Removed Gmail
Removed Email

|Bugs| (Of course every rom has to have bugs :()
All of 3.0 Kernel Bugs

Any other bugs please report to me :)

To Flash this rom do the same as all other TWRP roms.
Wipe cache, dalvik cache, Factory reset, System
Then just flash this rom.

Well thats it for this rom.
WHAT..??? You say you want screenshots?
Video And Screenshots of updated rom will be posted in a day or two.

Thanks to all the people |Takenover83| For his original CM7 Bareboned Rom, Also to |Trojan38| For his vanilla rom as a source. A Big thanks to |Hashcode| without him this wouldnt exist. Whooh finally its over, now to the good stuff :D

|Downloads|
June 28th 2012 - Download
June 10th 2012 - Download
June 7th 2012 - Download
June 4th 2012 - Download
June 3rd 2012 - Download

|Changes|
June 28th
Removed A bunch More Stuff Look Up
Replaced Trebuchet with Apex, Much Lighter
Created a Custom Boot Animation For It
Lightened up the system now even faster

June 10th 2012
Updated to latest Kernel
Updated to latest CM9 Updates
Removed many of the options that were applied in the June 7th release.
Removed beats audio
Removed CRT tv lock

June 7th 2012
Updated To Latest 3.0 Kernel Thanks Hash
Added MANY options on customizing the system from settings
Updated Trebuchet
Added The SGT7 notifications options, etc.
Fixed the black boot up option (Should Boot Extremely Fast :))
Updated CM9 since the last June 7th update.
Removed File manager, Downloads, Developer tools, TweakZV6 (Mainly because TweakZV6 Was just a Placebo)
Added old tv Lock Animation
Added Edge Swipe Navigation

June 4th 2012
Optimized the Speed Quite a Bit :D
Fixed Build.prop for gameloft games.
Fixed the Usb Storage Problem (Now Properly Mounts)
Added Beats Audio (Its a plus for anybody)
Added TweakZV6 For Optimal Performance
Removed The Remaining Live wallpapers
Removed a couple of Useless Apks such as Google Feedback, ETC
Took off the default adb settings due to inproper mounting
Renamed The Zip File
Sacrificed boot speed for System Speed <<< Sorry :(

June 3rd 2012
Initial Release

Gapps

If for some reason you need more of the gapps not included such as google talk and others download them from HERE. Note, Flashing these apps will slow down your system quite a bit.

Last edited:

Thief777

Sep 26, 2010
Mogilev
Thank you for the new ROM, I hope you will keep up to date, many abandoned.
Repositories СM9 updated every day, but no one wants to collect the ROM (

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
Can you post screen shots of boot animation, the rom, etc

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

gedemis

Dec 26, 2010
Copenhagen
Put the following line in your build.prop

persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage,adb

And the USB will work without having to go to Settings ;)

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Can you post screen shots of boot animation, the rom, etc

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
Will do as soon as i get home later.

do gameloft's games install in this rom? like gt racing, asphalt...
Whats weird is the graphics intense games like modern combat and ashpalt 6 work but other free gameloft games don't work. Ill see what i can do.

Thanks will update the rom later on.

Sblood86

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas

It should be noted that this was recently added to the default prop in the kfire android (Hashcode's)
https://github.com/KFire-Android/device-amazon-otter/commit/3c69448cf98749305051be89fd3ea3562e19d95b

Should be the default behavior for most soon.

OP; always nice to see a stripped version, grats on the first release.

twa_priv

Feb 10, 2011
hey Hyperrunner,

Since nobody has reported any issues I assume it's a non-issue (at least with TWRP).

However, naming your ROM zip "Simple CM9.zip" with a space in the filename seems a little dangerous to me. You never know if all recoveries can handle spaces in filenames.

tedr108

Dec 3, 2011
Los Angeles area, CA
Huge fan of barebone type ROMs (esp. of the CM variety), so I loaded this one.

My System partition went from 244MB to 171MB. Bootup time for my KF went from 58 secs down to 35 secs.

Everything appears to be running smoothly ... not even a single hiccup to this point. Not much of a gamer, so I cannot comment on that aspect.

Was running the Vanilla CM9 ROM before this, so time and size comparisons are between that and this ROM. I also found the Vanilla CM9 to be very smooth in operation.

So far, it seems like the dev did an excellent job on this. Thanks, Hyperrunner.

Last edited:

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
hey Hyperrunner,

Since nobody has reported any issues I assume it's a non-issue (at least with TWRP).

However, naming your ROM zip "Simple CM9.zip" with a space in the filename seems a little dangerous to me. You never know if all recoveries can handle spaces in filenames.

Thanks for the notice will update that later on.
Also there are no problems for CWM since I tested it.

twa_priv

Feb 10, 2011
It should be noted that this was recently added to the default prop in the kfire android (Hashcode's)
https://github.com/KFire-Android/device-amazon-otter/commit/3c69448cf98749305051be89fd3ea3562e19d95b

Should be the default behavior for most soon.

OP; always nice to see a stripped version, grats on the first release.
Sblood86,

Does this even work?

I might be missing something but I remember trying this with persist.adb.notify and putting it in default.prop and didn't work. I needed to have this property in build.prop to get it to work (so i ultimately put it in system.prop).

So to test I just did a full wipe and installed the latest vanilla rom.
However, in order to see the kindle as an usb drive I needed to go to Settings -> Storage and enable mass storage.

It seems it needs to be in build.prop...

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Sblood86,

Does this even work?

I might be missing something but I remember trying this with persist.adb.notify and putting it in default.prop and didn't work. I needed to have this property in build.prop to get it to work (so i ultimately put it in system.prop).

So to test I just did a full wipe and installed the latest vanilla rom.
However, in order to see the kindle as an usb drive I needed to go to Settings -> Storage and enable mass storage.

It seems it needs to be in build.prop...

Yes. It works tested it but still need to fix a few things before a new upload. Probably tommorow.

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
It works if persist.sys.usb.config is set in build.prop. But it does not work if it is just set in default.prop when building from source.

Seems like the code that gemedis posted earlier had adb enabled and kept the device from properly mounting. Got it all resolved though "persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage" goes into the build prop.

processorsaurus

Apr 26, 2011
Just wanted to say thanks to the dev....great, stable ROM, no issues so far, been browsing, played a game or two, nothing but smoooooooth riding. =D. make a RoM for the Motorola photon!!!! ;)

sent via Tapatalk - buy it, tis amazing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My new rom Glazed ICS is out so go and grab it and ENJOY. This rom will no longer be recieving features in fact i will be taking away useless stuf to make this a bareboned rom.

GLAZED ROM

Updated 6-7-2012 Scroll Down For Changelog. Scroll down for installing not included gapps (Like talk).

Hello Forum i would like to introduce a new rom called Simple CM9. As you can tell by the name this rom is special since it does not have all the useless items that most roms have. This rom is Sweet and To The Point. This is my first rom ever so give me a break if its bad. (Hope its not). I made this rom because i really enjoyed Takenover83 original cm7 bareboned rom, so i decided to make a ICS one, also because some people were requesting it in the original thread. Anyways enjoy your SPEEDY KINDLE.

Disclaimer - I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by flashing this rom or by modding this rom and flashing etc. I take no responsibility if your kindle breaks, bricks, sets on fire.

|Some of the features this rom offer are|
    Super Fast Bootup (Should be working properly since last update)
    Preloaded Gapps
    Volume Slider in Notification
    Extremely Good Battery Life
    Great smooth performance
    Modified build prop for more Play Store apps.
    Custom Boot Animation
    ABOUT 85MB <<<<<WOW

|Things that were removed.....| (Gonna upload a package later with all the items)
    Some useless apps such as Voice apps
    Removed a google search (Dont worry one is still there)
    Removed all Live Wallpapers
    Removed CM Wallpapers
    Removed Androidian Theme
    Removed alot of ringtones
    Removed Alarm Tones
    Removed Spare Parts
    Removed lots of languages
    Removed Facelock
    Removed Default Android Videos
    Removed Video Editor
    Removed Google Talk
    Removed Voice Search
    Removed Nagging Setup Wizard (You can login to google account by going into the play store)
    Removed News and Weather
    Removed Bug Reporting and Feedback
    Removed File Manager (Download a new one VIA Play Store)
    Removed Download manager (Dont tap a file while downloading will crash browser)
    Removed Developer Tools
    Removed Terminal
    Removed Superuser
    Removed Trebuchet
    Removed Google Search
    Removed Gmail
    Removed Email

|Bugs| (Of course every rom has to have bugs :()
    All of 3.0 Kernel Bugs

Any other bugs please report to me :)

To Flash this rom do the same as all other TWRP roms.
    Wipe cache, dalvik cache, Factory reset, System
    Then just flash this rom.

Well thats it for this rom.
    WHAT..??? You say you want screenshots?
    Video And Screenshots of updated rom will be posted in a day or two.

Thanks to all the people |Takenover83| For his original CM7 Bareboned Rom, Also to |Trojan38| For his vanilla rom as a source. A Big thanks to |Hashcode| without him this wouldnt exist. Whooh finally its over, now to the good stuff :D

|Downloads|
    June 28th 2012 - Download
    June 10th 2012 - Download
    June 7th 2012 - Download
    June 4th 2012 - Download
    June 3rd 2012 - Download

|Changes|
    June 28th
    Removed A bunch More Stuff Look Up
    Replaced Trebuchet with Apex, Much Lighter
    Created a Custom Boot Animation For It
    Lightened up the system now even faster

June 10th 2012
    Updated to latest Kernel
    Updated to latest CM9 Updates
    Removed many of the options that were applied in the June 7th release.
    Removed beats audio
    Removed CRT tv lock

June 7th 2012
    Updated To Latest 3.0 Kernel Thanks Hash
    Added MANY options on customizing the system from settings
    Updated Trebuchet
    Added The SGT7 notifications options, etc.
    Fixed the black boot up option (Should Boot Extremely Fast :))
    Updated CM9 since the last June 7th update.
    Removed File manager, Downloads, Developer tools, TweakZV6 (Mainly because TweakZV6 Was just a Placebo)
    Added old tv Lock Animation
    Added Edge Swipe Navigation

June 4th 2012
    Optimized the Speed Quite a Bit :D
    Fixed Build.prop for gameloft games.
    Fixed the Usb Storage Problem (Now Properly Mounts)
    Added Beats Audio (Its a plus for anybody)
    Added TweakZV6 For Optimal Performance
    Removed The Remaining Live wallpapers
    Removed a couple of Useless Apks such as Google Feedback, ETC
    Took off the default adb settings due to inproper mounting
    Renamed The Zip File
    Sacrificed boot speed for System Speed <<< Sorry :(

June 3rd 2012
    Initial Release

Gapps

If for some reason you need more of the gapps not included such as google talk and others download them from HERE. Note, Flashing these apps will slow down your system quite a bit.
    Since this is a fairly new release will there be any changes /updates say within the day or the next? If so I'll wait till then to try but so far everything looks and sounds great but yes as the other mentioned barebacked doesn't equal bareboned.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

The last update that came out today fixed most of the bugs. I would flash now since i fixed them today. Anyways you can just reflash a new rom over this one. As i know of. The only bug is the 15 Seconds pitch black bootup but that is being fixed will release in a week or so when i have more things to update. Wow i barely noticed my mistake thanks.

Why did you take out Google Talk? AFAIK it cannot be installed via an apk. is there a way you could make a zip that would put it back for people who wanted it? I kinda also wanted the voice search, but I can live without it.

Otherwise A+ great rom, glad to see ICS on this device!

Just google "google apps" and download the latest ics version and flash that. You should get all the google apps missing.

Sometimes an early write to backlight/brightness can fix early blank screen start-up issues (put the below somewhere near the top of init.rc or init.omap4430.rc):

write /sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness 127

I cant seem to find either of these two files?

It seems like I can only mount storage via usb if usb debugging is off? Is this normal?

Since the latest update "June 4th" i fixed this since i took off that option by default. So it should properly mount.
    I really dont know since the progress takes abunch of photoshop editing. I will surely try so dont go to sleep just yet.
    Hi Hypperrunner, I just wanted to ask what's the difference between this and the Vanilla and now since you added the SGT7 options how does it differ from it too? I am really looking for a ROM that will offer better battery life.

Well the difference is features and usability. I try to make my rom really fast and have features that normal roms would without wasting to much of the devices resources. I think that this rom would have a bit better life because it doesnt have the live wallpapers and all the other things that were removed to be using up the memory and the battery when its locked or just using the device. Also another difference is that it features both of its main options such as customizing the status bar and lockscreen and it all is made into a simple package that is less than 100 mb. You can go check out other roms and see the size of them such as gederom is 140+ mb and all those extra bits and peaces really do matter to the battery life and performance of the device.
    Thanks guys for your support. I will update this as soon as i find some time to do it.