Root status Bootloader unclock: No

Search This thread

Proneous

Apr 15, 2014
Hello friends,

This is a rather stupid question, I know, but I SCOURED the posts about this topic, and my phone is already SIM free [paid], yet bootloader is unlockable even by unofficial FlashMode, I read somewhere this can be fixed but it's not very specific how to.

Frankly, I dont even care for bootloader, All I want is to flash to ParanoidAndroid and have the phone rooted, But for that I need CWM from what I gathered, and so - I need root - And I can't get freaking root on my 4.3 official ROM [this phone is 6616 by the way).

I will consider giving donation to the fellow who finds me an proper solution! [if he/she accepts such]

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
You cannot run PA on a locked bootloader. PA (or any other non-stock based custom rom such as CM, AOSP, AOKP etc) requires a custom kernel. A custom kernel will not run on a locked bootloader.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Proneous

Apr 15, 2014
im still wondering, now after the 4.4.2 update, if there are any ways to easily root this phone in its current bootloader status. i understand that custom roms are not [which is plain stupid sony!!!] but it'd be nice to even have just root

thanks friends

prone

deerhurst

Apr 1, 2012
Easiest way to get rooted on 4.4.2 on a locked bootloader is to roll back to 4.2.2, root 4.2.2, install a recovery manger such as XZR then flash the ROM, connect to a computer and use flash tool to flash the kernel. Boot and have fun!

Sent from my C6606 on 4.4.2 KitKat

Proneous

Apr 15, 2014
Easiest way to get rooted on 4.4.2 on a locked bootloader is to roll back to 4.2.2, root 4.2.2, install a recovery manger such as XZR then flash the ROM, connect to a computer and use flash tool to flash the kernel. Boot and have fun!

Sent from my C6606 on 4.4.2 KitKat

seems simple, where can I find detailed guide how to? if no such guide available, can you link me to the several guides needed neccesary to do this?

Last edited: