[Q] Storage Problems but enough space(Dolphin Browser/Titanium Backup)

Search This thread

spraddl

Jul 2, 2012
Hey guys,
i got a Problem with the Touchwiz 4.4 Rom. Titanum Backup can't make backups, because there is not enough spache.
And my Dolphin Browser also can't download files, every File fails. But my Stock Browser is able to downlaod files.
So i also wiped cache and Dalvik, but still the same problem. also i try to uninstall an install Titanium backup, Problem still there.
Cleaning cache from the Play Store also hase no effect.
My Sorage:
System.Rom: 2.85 GB / 916 MB Free
Intern: 9.92 GB/ 2.3 GB free
Ext SD: 63.8 GB/ 13.0 free
So there shoulde be enough storage

Someone know the Problem an can hep me?

Mr Anderson

Nov 14, 2008
Are you aware of the changes made to external SD card access in Kitkat firmwares?

The symptoms you describe sound like this might be the cause. If so it is perfectly 'normal' - in Google's opinion at least. They have blocked apps from writing to the external SD card unless to a very specific authorised location.

Read up online, there is loads of comment about it.

Easy solution is to root and edit a system file which restores full write capabilities. Even easier is to root and use SDFix, a free app in the Play store which does it for you.

If you can't/won't root then you're largely stuck until the app developers amend their apps to accommodate Google's restrictions.

spraddl

Jul 2, 2012
Are you aware of the changes made to external SD card access in Kitkat firmwares?

The symptoms you describe sound like this might be the cause. If so it is perfectly 'normal' - in Google's opinion at least. They have blocked apps from writing to the external SD card unless to a very specific authorised location.

Read up online, there is loads of comment about it.

Easy solution is to root and edit a system file which restores full write capabilities. Even easier is to root and use SDFix, a free app in the Play store which does it for you.

If you can't/won't root then you're largely stuck until the app developers amend their apps to accommodate Google's restrictions.
i heard from that, but es file explorer and stock browser is working well. but i will install xposed-module for that, hope i solve that.
Ok i installed that module called 'handleexternalstorge" but the problem still there

Last edited:

Mr Anderson

Nov 14, 2008
If you're using xposed then you're rooted, right?

In that case simply go to the Play Store, install "SDFix", give it root permissions and run it. It will restore full write access to your external SD card.

spraddl

Jul 2, 2012
If you're using xposed then you're rooted, right?

In that case simply go to the Play Store, install "SDFix", give it root permissions and run it. It will restore full write access to your external SD card.
i'm rooted, thanks for you answer, but i changed to carbon rom. there is all working fine. but i will reminde that for the next
time when i try touchwiz Rom.

i simply move the titanium backup internal storage and backup data, after that change folder to SD and move content also there.