[ROMS] Gingerbread, CyanogenMod 9 with 2.6.35.14 preRC, MIUI 2.2.24 Build One

Witch feature you want in next version ?

• Native Sense Lockscereen

Votes: 133 51.4%
  • Galaxy Styled Widgets

Votes: 126 48.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sligric

Jan 30, 2011
Everything works and works well, only problem I've found is that is lacking on space somewhat, other than that looks brill. I restored everything via recovery (From swiftdroid RC4/5boot) and it didnt work, Titanium restore worked, warned me about space left and then showed me as having 19MB free. Once I'd rebooted I got a F/C on music and it just started boot looping then, so I've restored back to RC4 for the time being..

mikegapinski

Jun 7, 2011
Szczecin
Everything works and works well, only problem I've found is that is lacking on space somewhat, other than that looks brill. I restored everything via recovery (From swiftdroid RC4/5boot) and it didnt work, Titanium restore worked, warned me about space left and then showed me as having 19MB free. Once I'd rebooted I got a F/C on music and it just started boot looping then, so I've restored back to RC4 for the time being..

Try to erase boot and system in recovery before flashing and make sure to wipe all data ;)

Sorry for double post - writing from my tablet ...

airbus360

Dec 9, 2010
Lack of Space (!)

To fix the issue it is reccomended you use the Mur4ik System + Data partition resizer Here

The system image is 125mb. When using partitioner select 150 for system. That gives 234mb for the data partion.

sbtbm.png

mikegapinski you are very welcome for my help :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AAQiL and sligric

sligric

Jan 30, 2011
Try to erase boot and system in recovery before flashing and make sure to wipe all data ;)

Sorry for double post - writing from my tablet ...

Yeah I did that, think the addition of google+ , poker and few other 10MB+ app's all just filled it up too quick. Started clearing them down, but dont know if I can be bothered trying again, for it to fail!

Would that be the reason I cannot restore data from recovery? By rights should I be able to do that from RC4? Or is titanium backup better to use.

sligric

Jan 30, 2011
Anyone know of a 3rd party, app style download that I could get the notification bar toggle switches with?? I know its something to do with the framework, just wondered if there was an easy way of getting it on a 'clean' rom.

Same goes for the reboot menu? Just lazy but I quite like selecting recovery from that menu and putting the phone back down and waiting! :)

airbus360

Dec 9, 2010
Anyone know of a 3rd party, app style download that I could get the notification bar toggle switches with?? I know its something to do with the framework, just wondered if there was an easy way of getting it on a 'clean' rom.

Same goes for the reboot menu? Just lazy but I quite like selecting recovery from that menu and putting the phone back down and waiting! :)
There is a way to get the reboot to recovery from the system. It requires the framework-res.apk to be decompiled. Click this for a tutorial on how to do it your self.

Reactions: sligric

tejasjadhav

Nov 13, 2010
Mumbai
tejasjadhav.xyz
@mikegapinski

Hi,
Really nice work! Keep it up, hoping really good performance with this ROM. Does Camera record in MP4? Have you improvised camera, I mean do all the Camera features like brightness and night mode work? I know it's foolish to ask about it so early. I'm hoping better battery life with this ROM.

sligric

Jan 30, 2011
To fix the issue it is reccomended you use the Mur4ik System + Data partition resizer Here

The system image is 125mb. When using partitioner select 150 for system. That gives 234mb for the data partion.

sbtbm.png

mikegapinski you are very welcome for my help :)

Cheers for this - tho on further inspection I used the Mur4ik's 234MB DATA KDZ previously, so am not sure I'll benefit will I??? I thought once you'd used that, you'd not need to repartition regardless of what rom you'd put on..

Apologies for lack of understanding if that's the case, I'm quite 'noob' in this enviroment.

mikegapinski

Jun 7, 2011
Szczecin
@mikegapinski

Hi,
Really nice work! Keep it up, hoping really good performance with this ROM. Does Camera record in MP4? Have you improvised camera, I mean do all the Camera features like brightness and night mode work? I know it's foolish to ask about it so early. I'm hoping better battery life with this ROM.

Camera records in mp4 ... stuff like exposure(donno how to say that in english, in Polish it's korekcja ekspozycji) and others works also :) Battery life is the same as on pcfighter aosp 2.2.2

There is a way to get the reboot to recovery from the system. It requires the framework-res.apk to be decompiled. Click this for a tutorial on how to do it your self.
Thanks for that :) Will include it in next version with my kernel :) Hope to realise it this night...

Apr 16, 2010
St-Petersbourg
Последовательность действий:
Установил весь нужный софт
Отправил телефон на перезагрузку
Телефон доходит до сплеша с Android и виснет
Сделал вайп, снова до сплеша и виснет =(

PS Не мог бы ты сделать версию для установки через fastboot?
Phone comes to splash with Android and freeze
Did wipe again to splash and freeze = (

PS Can you make version for fastboot installing?

mikegapinski

Jun 7, 2011
Szczecin
Последовательность действий:
Установил весь нужный софт
Отправил телефон на перезагрузку
Телефон доходит до сплеша с Android и виснет
Сделал вайп, снова до сплеша и виснет =(

PS Не мог бы ты сделать версию для установки через fastboot?
Phone comes to splash with Android and freeze
Did wipe again to splash and freeze = (

PS Can you make version for fastboot installing?

@up v2 will be for fastboot and new reco :D

Reactions: Chxrlyglez

tejasjadhav

Nov 13, 2010
Mumbai
tejasjadhav.xyz
Most of us think this ROM eats lot of space and we're left with only 174 MB free. In Swiftdroid, dalvik-cache of system apps was placed in /cache/dalvik-cache partition and for the rest of the apps it was in /data/dalvik-cache. SO, if mikegapinski could make such similar arrangements so that the data partition is freed a bit, i mean, if you could move the dalvik-cache for SYSTEM APPS ONLY to /cache. It would save the precious 50 MB :cool: :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All the stuff is on my website:
    http://mikegapinski.androidus.pl

It is integrated with my twitter and it has an rss feed to be always up to date
    Sensors, GSM, Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS an wifi locating now works
    Changelog for preRC:
    -Updated CM9 soruce on 28.03.2012
    -Fixed CAMERA PREVIEW
    -Fixed STEREO AUDIO
    -Fixed MIC in Voice Dialer, test other things
    -Fixed CODECS(fluid movies in gallery and youtube std, still needs improvments)
    -New wpa_supplicant v6 that fixes:
    a) signal strength
    b) it truns off normally(part of deep sleep fix)
    c) it doesn’t disconnect like the one in Beta 5 with signal
    -Fixed native DATA STATS for wifi and 3g(limits don’t show yet, need to bring iptables
    -More SPACE for apps and facebook font fix inside(134mb)
    -FULLY FIXED DEEP SLEEP finally bcos of new BT props matching kernel
    -Test the BT headset, I made some changes that could fix that

About camera recording, live wallpapers etc. All will work with new adreno props I have but thay need kgsl 3.8(I have 3.0), porting that will take some time… After that I will update CM to 4.0.4 and give you an RC build. I merged the new audio hal from CA and it sounds soo ****ing better, test it ;) It should fix all the sound issues. Test the BT headset, I made some changes that could fix that. The last thing I want to do with audio is to fix the third party remotes, like apple headphones and Beats by Dre. I work on native fm radio – stay tuned.

Links for donators will be in 30 minutes, rest tomorrow :D

I will post some screenies asap
    Progressss :D
    Swift Settings: There will be the ota updates for donators and screen calibration later. Right now you can turn key backlight on and off and set dsp settings(one less icon in launcher):

Native mass storage:
    Some of my users paid for my repair so I will continue