[Kernel] ardatdat kernel v1.6b3 [CWM] (2012-04-06)

Search This thread

mrsaccess

Jul 19, 2010
www.andmarios.com
I played once with BLN for Galaxy R without modifying the kernel though. The problem with the stock kernel was that the buttons' backlight couldn't be controlled while the screen was off.

UnknownzD

Oct 9, 2011
To ardatdat :

Well I have navigate to your kernel src yesterday, I have found that your 3D oc patch in tegra2_clocks.c is not complete.

I have seen that you patched the 3D CLK clock with
PERIPH_CLK("3d", "3d", NULL, 24, 0x158, 0x31E, 400000000, mux_pllm_pllc_pllp_plla, MUX | DIV_U71 | PERIPH_MANUAL_RESET), /* scales with voltage and process_id */

However, for the RATE_LIMIT part, you didn't patch the '3d' CLK rate limit as it is still limited on our board.
RATE_LIMIT("3d", 300000000, 0x04, 0x7, 0x08, 0x0F, 0x10),

So please fix it by either change the value of the rate limit to 400000000 or merge the SKUID into the one with 400000000 please.

btw, I have sent you a PM as well in case you don't watch on this subforum any more.

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
To ardatdat :

Well I have navigate to your kernel src yesterday, I have found that your 3D oc patch in tegra2_clocks.c is not complete.

PERIPH_CLK("3d", "3d", NULL, 24, 0x158, 0x31E, 400000000, mux_pllm_pllc_pllp_plla, MUX | DIV_U71 | PERIPH_MANUAL_RESET), /* scales with voltage and process_id */

However, for the RATE_LIMIT part, you didn't patch the '3d' CLK rate limit as it is still limited on our board.

So please fix it by either change the value of the rate limit to 400000000 or merge the SKUID into the one with 400000000 please.

btw, I have sent you a PM as well in case you don't watch on this subforum any more.

Hi buddy, I think you know how to develop a kernel if possible can you make a BLN MOD for Galaxy R because AFAIK it requires some modification to the kernel/ROM ?

Moreover you also have a R (when you get it back from Voodoo dev :D ) so you can actually test it before uploading. Thanks. :)

ardatdat

Jun 13, 2010
Travel around; but XDA x24
To ardatdat :

No worry. I have already patched that in few versions before. By the way, thanks for your prompting :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear all,

As I have already distributed the v1.6b1 (beta 1) to some (many?) of members a week ago. I have been requested to open a new thread such that I could highlight what have been changed and let all testers to express their feelings and opinions to the new kernel in this centralized thread.

First, let me introduce the features of "The New Kernel" ... (not The New iPad)...

1. Stabilized the voltage & frequency setting such that the 'stock' voltage is used without affecting OC stability.
    2. As different machine's CPUs are different, OC to 1.35Ghz is not the most stable setting. Instead, 1.3Ghz will be the max.
    3. Remove some of the useless codes used in v1.5
    4. Pick some of the code difference from the official XWLA4 kernel :eek:
    5. Add in support to read NTFS & CIFS file system
    6. Switch to use the SLUB allocator
    7. Disable ipv6 (unless I am told to add it back)
    8. Other minor bug fixes

Next, let me conclude some of the comments from members on the beta:

1. Works fine with Titanium ROM 2.1
    2. Undervolted it to 750mv @ 608mhz, more stable than v1.5
    3. More smooth than v1.5
    4. Not as warm as v1.5, so far so 'cool' in temperature
    5. No lag, no freeze

So, welcome for more opinions, discussions and findings and let's discuss here. If everything goes right, I will release v1.6 within a few days :)

** Updated: v1.6b2 has been sent out to around 10 testers for testing :)
    *** To all beta testers ***

First, thanks for your tests during these days and valuable feedback have been collected.

I will soon send out v1.6 beta 2 to all beta testers (maybe a few hours later), please check your PM for that and please help to test for it.

New in v1.6 beta 2:
    ===============
    - Add script to wipe cache and dv-cache when flashing the kernel
    - No worry, will not wipe any of your personal data
    - You will experience longer boot up (only the first time after you have flashed, because dv-cache is wiped)
    - Increase stability and smoothness by fine tuning parameters in 1.1Ghz

Again, don't hesitate to give me 'thanks' :D & leave any comments here. Thanks very much for all of your valuable test & response. Thanks.
    Some updates on the progress.

Yesterday, I have some time to make up the kernel source. I discovered a complete source for the newest XWLA4 kernel.

So, I am now patching the source and will release a beta 3 soon (based on XWLA4). Stay tuned :)
    *** To all beta tester ***

First, thanks for your tests during these days and valuable feedback have been collected.

I will soon send out v1.6 beta 2 to all beta testers (maybe a few hours later), please check your PM for that and please help to test for it.

New in v1.6 beta 2:
    ===============
    - Add script to wipe cache and dv-cache when flashing the kernel
    - No worry, will not wipe any of your personal data
    - You will experience longer boot up (only the first time after you have flashed, because dv-cache is wiped)
    - Increase stability and smoothness by fine tuning parameters in 1.1Ghz

Again, don't hesitate to give me 'thanks' :D & leave any comments here. Thanks very much for all of your valuable test & response. Thanks.

Please be noted that v1.6 beta 2 has just been sent out to around 10 people. Please check your PM :D
    I am very busying on my company jobs these days....
    There maybe some delay in v1.6 release. Stay tuned :D