[Q] sd card unmount unexpectedly

Search This thread

rascal123

Mar 4, 2012
kl
Hye everybody..im having a small problem with my n2..my external sdcard sometime get unmount automatically after unlocking to home screen. .anyone having this problem? This can effect battery life since the media will be rescan each time it happen. .may I know the cause of the problem and if possible a way to solve it..tq

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

noobhero

Mar 17, 2010
coincidentally, am experiencing the same thing recently
am pulling my hair off due to it lol

melvinchng

Oct 17, 2010
Penang
Experienced it before... And I flashed a different kernel, it is solved.

Accidentally sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

rascal123

Mar 4, 2012
kl
Experienced it before... And I flashed a different kernel, it is solved.

Accidentally sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Which kernel? Am relief to hear others are having the same problem..I guess it may relate to firmware or kernel since few people are having the same problem..

pete_n

Apr 10, 2012
Yes, it's been happening to me too when unlocking the phone (and seemingly more recently over the last week).

Using a Sandisk Ultra card and on the standard 4.1.1 ROM.

Reactions: Anshul tomar

livingaboard

Jan 29, 2012
Let me guess, you are all using sandisk ultra cards? These cards appear to be a real pain in the a s s . Mine, (bought new off Amazon in October) went tits up and I believe it was the card that somehow caused corrupted files and caused my "media" process to be a complete battery hog.

About a week before the card totally failed to be recognized by my computer or my phone, I got those random messages about my sd card being unmounted and then it would just automatically scan it as if I had just inserted it when in reality I never took it out. I was able to copy everything to my computer about an hour before it was complete toast

I suggest you copy any important files on the card to your computer or wherever before it completely fails. I don't know what to do about getting a new card. I already filed a warranty claim with Sandisk but I am hesitant to use their brand again. Sandisk seems to be THE brand out there. I would like to try another brand.

Reactions: entertainer99

m666p

Aug 21, 2012
Let me guess, you are all using sandisk ultra cards? These cards appear to be a real pain in the a s s . Mine, (bought new off Amazon in October) went tits up and I believe it was the card that somehow caused corrupted files and caused my "media" process to be a complete battery hog.

About a week before the card totally failed to be recognized by my computer or my phone, I got those random messages about my sd card being unmounted and then it would just automatically scan it as if I had just inserted it when in reality I never took it out. I was able to copy everything to my computer about an hour before it was complete toast

I suggest you copy any important files on the card to your computer or wherever before it completely fails. I don't know what to do about getting a new card. I already filed a warranty claim with Sandisk but I am hesitant to use their brand again. Sandisk seems to be THE brand out there. I would like to try another brand.

Im using a sandisk ultra 32gb card ever since i got my sgn2 a few months bck, never even formatted it to anything else n flashed a s#itload of roms n kernels too never had or have a prob, btw currently using omega 8.0 n perseus alpha 29....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

rascal123

Mar 4, 2012
kl

Yes im using a sandisk ultra 32 gig class10..however my other friends also having the same problem but he is using kingmax..now im not sure weather the problem rise because of the sd or default in the phone itself..:confused:

evrest

Jan 7, 2012

You explained well.... same sad story!!!

Paul013

Jul 24, 2011
Delhi
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
My views on this issue

I have started facing this issue since the past 3-4 days and here are my views that can also serve as valuable information for everyone else:

- This error message started to appear only after I upgraded to android 4.1.2 by flashing the stock rom via odin.
- Im also using the SanDisk Ultra Class 10 32GB card
- I have not rooted my phone after upgrade and my phone is in fully stock condition, although it was rooted before.
- I dropped my phone once. But it was a very minor drop and everything was fine after the drop as it was on 4.1.1 at that time and i was on the same for further 10-15 days and never witnessed the error during these days..

These things should also be considered-
- The method of copying data from PC to phone. I use data cable and copy to the folders while the card is in the phone.
- Whether you remove the card without unmounting it.

I have tried formatting the card from windows using fat32 setting. It didnt help.
Formatted it with the phone and still saw the error once in the past 24hours..

In future, if I encounter the same problem, I might get the card replaced by visiting the sandisk service center here in India. Or, I can try flashing 4.1.1 again and revert back the result. As of now, everything seems to be fine as I have not seen the error for about a day or so.. (Fingers crossed)

rascal123

Mar 4, 2012
kl
im using transcend 32 gb its work fine in my note but its not work properly in note 2

Thats what makes me feel uncomfortable. .if the card is the problem I think my pc wouldn't recognize it or reading the data in it..however it is doing fine with the pc..:(

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thats what makes me feel uncomfortable. .if the card is the problem I think my pc wouldn't recognize it or reading the data in it..however it is doing fine with the pc..:(

my doubt is wheather phone is having problem or the card im confuse which service center should i go first samsung or transcend .another thing is today i flashed 4.1.2 india stock rom again through odin now card wont dectecting at all but it is good and recognize with note and my pc

sagarb

Mar 8, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have started facing this issue since the past 3-4 days and here are my views that can also serve as valuable information for everyone else:

- This error message started to appear only after I upgraded to android 4.1.2 by flashing the stock rom via odin.
- I have not rooted my phone after upgrade and my phone is in fully stock condition, although it was rooted before.
- I dropped my phone once. But it was a very minor drop and everything was fine after the drop as it was on 4.1.1 at that time and i was on the same for further 10-15 days and never witnessed the error during these days..

- The method of copying data from PC to phone. I use data cable and copy to the folders while the card is in the phone.

I have tried formatting the card from windows using fat32 setting. It didnt help.

In future, if I encounter the same problem, I might get the card replaced by visiting the sandisk service center here in India. Or, I can try flashing 4.1.1 again and revert back the result. As of now, everything seems to be fine as I have not seen the error for about a day or so.. (Fingers crossed)

I have not rooted my phone after upgrade and my phone is in fully stock condition, although it was rooted before.

my card unmount problem started ever snice i came to stock from root

rascal123

Mar 4, 2012
kl
My sd card got broken today...nothing can read it anymore..:( any idea on how to recover files from broken sd card?

rascal123

Mar 4, 2012
kl
I can confirm that the sd card is the causing of this problem..just replace to a new one n didn't facing any problem yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, it's been happening to me too when unlocking the phone (and seemingly more recently over the last week).

Using a Sandisk Ultra card and on the standard 4.1.1 ROM.

im using transcend 32 gb its work fine in my note but its not work properly in note 2
    Rooted my phone and install CWM I get this problem, but after format the sd card to fat32, everythings go well......

I have the same problem in 4.1.1. Stock, NOT rooted, ever.
    Brand new SanDisk Ultra 32GB class UhS-1, bought from the official Amazon store.
    Been seeing this problem about the same time since I got official 4.1.1 update from Kies. Formatted it in computer, and in phone, then the problem seems to go away for a few hours, but comes back within a day. What a battery hog, not to mention it can't be healthy for the card!

Trying exFAT format now. Will report back.