Radio

Search This thread

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Okay this may seem entirely stupid,but coming from mostly Nexus devices I haven't had to worry about radio bands so please excuse me. If I was to flash the AT&T radio would it enable the bands that are not enabled now or is this controlled by hardware?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
Okay this may seem entirely stupid,but coming from mostly Nexus devices I haven't had to worry about radio bands so please excuse me. If I was to flash the AT&T radio would it enable the bands that are not enabled now or is this controlled by hardware?

If your talking about trying to put an at&t radio on a different carrier phone like tmobile, verizon or sprint, dont do it. It will not change your phone to work on at&t because its the hardware that is different.

You can use a tmobile phone on at&t though I dont think you will get at&t LTE though, I think you will get the HSPA and 3g data.

If this is the case trade your phone off or sell it and get an at&t one if you want at&t you would be better off.

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
If your talking about trying to put an at&t radio on a different carrier phone like tmobile, verizon or sprint, dont do it. It will not change your phone to work on at&t because its the hardware that is different.

You can use a tmobile phone on at&t though I dont think you will get at&t LTE though, I think you will get the HSPA and 3g data.

If this is the case trade your phone off or sell it and get an at&t one if you want at&t you would be better
off.

I'm receiving 4g and if I turn it to LTE only I never lose it. But then I can't make or receive phone calls. As soon as I switch to gsm/wcdma/lte I'm consistently switching between LTE and H+. Is there any way to get it to stock on LTE? Also, the reason I'm not selling it is we're getting 4G in my town on t-Mobile at the end of May but right now it's only Edge. So I'm using an unlocked T-Mobile one with straight talk until that happens. I'm stuck on contract with then because I have three phones to pay off,also everywhere else around me has t-Mobile 4g just not my town

Top Liked Posts