[Q] How to install stock ROM on iBall Andi 3n?

Search This thread

ednan_rules

Nov 10, 2012
Hello there,
I am trying to install the stock ROM for my iBall Andi 3n since months. iBall Andi 3n is manufactured by iBall, India and is an MTK6575 device. I used the stock ROM provided at this page http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2520719 . I have tried different versions of SP Flash tool's ranging from 2.x to 5.x. Generally on SP Flash tool 3.x, for example on 3.1224.0, after I select the scatter file from the ROM image, I get the following error after I load the scatter file and press "Download" button.

dGX5HZ6.png

I tried to copy the addresses provided in checksum.ini file in stock ROM's folder to checksum.ini file in SP Flash tool's folder. Also I created a CWM for my device using the boot.img image from stock ROM and the CWM works. I selected the stock rom's .zip file from SD card and it aborts installation.

What's wrong here?
Is the stock ROM wrong/corrupted? (I tried downloading it many times from various sources)
Is there some problem with my phone?
Is there some problem with my Windows 8.1 Update 1? (I think I have the necessary drivers, I can use adb from windows command prompt and it detects my device)

If the stock ROM is incorrect, can someone create a similar custom ROM for my phone using the boot.img file from stock ROM?

Any help appreciated.

ednan_rules

Nov 10, 2012
Found solution!

I got the same error dude....u got any solution?

Yes I did found a post on some blog which solved my problem. Unfortunately I am unable to search the blog now.
However I remember that I had to keep the volume down pressed the entire time for the software to work. Do not leave the button until the entire process is complete. If the volume down doesn't work, try pressing some other button.

Good luck.