M8's case from the package, where to buy?

Search This thread

jhun80

May 27, 2008
I got mine from Tmobile, there is no case included in the package, i saw this video and there was a case included. I like it 'coz it has a plug / cover for the usb. Or is there any variant of that?

mikey2487

Mar 9, 2011
pretty sure that this case only comes with the international htc ones, so if you are in the United States you will not get it, which is ridiculous

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
I think it's because we don't the replacement screen in first six months over here, so they give us a free case instead...

timsah

May 18, 2009
Vienna
Guys, the case delivered with the international version sucks big time. I am using it since release 04.04.14

- It is not close to perfect fit. The handset could come out anytime easily.
- The part for micro-usb and phone jack doesn't close all the way after 3-4 days. I decided to cut that piece to avoid hassle.
- The ruber looks already worn just from putting in my jeans pocket.

Not recommended by any means

21jyqdh.jpg
nmnju1.jpg
11cfxi1.jpg

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
Yeah it's not great, definitely not worth paying money for but I'm still glad they included it. I'm still using mine until I can figure out which third party case I want.

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
Just sold mine on Ebay. Offered to someone on here but the postage to US was around $15 - obviously you can buy a case for that.

On the flip side, had mine since release day and used as a daily driver and not a mark on it.

mikey2487

Mar 9, 2011
Guys, the case delivered with the international version sucks big time. I am using it since release 04.04.14

- The part for micro-usb and phone jack doesn't close all the way after 3-4 days. I decided to cut that piece to avoid hassle.

seriously dude, did you have rocks in your pocket or something, or drop it a million times, or leave it on the roof of your car? i find it extremely hard for that to happen to your case from your "jean pockets." not trying to be mean or anything but i think your story about this case is a little farfetched. all the research i've done on this case has been nothing but positive

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Have to say mine is a week old and hasn't shown any sort of wear as yet, and this is in jeans and my work trousers. Not sure what the hell happened to the other guys case!

anyway, it was free so even if it does start to show wear I'm not that bothered

jthorny75

Apr 25, 2014
Have to say mine is a week old and hasn't shown any sort of wear as yet, and this is in jeans and my work trousers. Not sure what the hell happened to the other guys case!

anyway, it was free so even if it does start to show wear I'm not that bothered

got mine from verizon, only got it for the discount but i do have to say clear cases look awesome ftw!

timsah

May 18, 2009
Vienna
seriously dude, did you have rocks in your pocket or something, or drop it a million times, or leave it on the roof of your car? i find it extremely hard for that to happen to your case from your "jean pockets." not trying to be mean or anything but i think your story about this case is a little farfetched. all the research i've done on this case has been nothing but positive

I have other friends/colleagues, who have the same problem. It is up to you, if you believe or not. I just wanted to warn other users, who wants to pay for this crap.

Mooozer

Jul 30, 2010
I'm sorry to disappoint but my case starts wearing off on the edges too. I only wear jeans and not the tightest ones at that. I never dropped my Phone and i do not have a car. Hence i didn't even leave the phone and case in bright sunlight to heat up or something.

Mooozer

Jul 30, 2010
Made a picture if mine few days ago. Here it is.

Attachments

• IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 220

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
The case was included in the box for me, as a temporary case, it's fine, but I'd strongly suggest buying a different case if you're going to order one.

I, myself, have ordered a Dot View case, but I'd suggest getting a Spigen or something if you're ordering one.

Here's mine, been in use for a since 27/4, I usually take care of my devices so I'm not sure how it was scratched this much, but that shows how scratch prone it is:

21jyqdh.jpg
nmnju1.jpg
11cfxi1.jpg

I've had mine as long as you have and... what the heck do you do with your device? Either your jeans are too tight and caused all that scuffing or you're doing something else with it because mine looks pretty much the same as it did the day I got it -- and the flap still closes properly.

MistaBishi

Oct 21, 2011
Devonport
I've got it on my M8, and its scratched, port covers doesn't close properly, and doesn't slide in and out of pockets very well. Good for a case that comes with the phone but wouldn't recommend buying it if you didn't get it with your phone.

timsah

May 18, 2009
Vienna
I've had mine as long as you have and... what the heck do you do with your device? Either your jeans are too tight and caused all that scuffing or you're doing something else with it because mine looks pretty much the same as it did the day I got it -- and the flap still closes properly.

I was rubbing the case against a rock, the only thing i had in mind was to make HTC look bad. You got me, dude! wow... :D

Anyway, i am using dot view cover now. THAT is indeed something, i can recommend to protect your device. It is a little uncomortable to write with 2 hands though...