[Q] i777 keeps losing network connection!

Search This thread

thinksincode

Apr 17, 2012
A bit of background:

I rooted and installed the stock ICS leak firmware. After seeing some stability problems I wanted to go back to stock and unroot. I used Entropy512's "Kernel + cache + rooted UCKK6 system package" to return to stock then removed the root files (su, Superuser.apk, etc.)

However, now I will randomly lose my connection to the AT&T network. I have plenty of signal (4-5 bars usually - good coverage, I'm in the Boston area) but the "H" or "H+" will disappear and my phone acts as if it isn't connected. Checking Settings -> About phone -> Status shows "Mobile network state" as "Disconnected".

Usually if I enter airplane mode, then turn off airplane mode, it gets back on the network, but only temporarily.

Here is all the relevant information I could find:

Model number: SAMSUNG SGH-I777
Android version: 2.3.6
Baseband version: I777UCLC2
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7
Build number: GINGERBREAD.UCKK6

Signal strength (currently): -79 dBm 17 asu
Mobile network type: HSDPA
Service state: In service
Mobile network state: Disconnected

Thank you so much for any insight you can offer. Apologies in advance if my post is too noobish.

karate104

Nov 5, 2011

Thank you so much for any insight you can offer. Apologies in advance if my post is too noobish.

Though being a noob myself, that seems to be your problem, you're still on the ICS leak's modem (UCLC2). Try flashing either the UCKH7 or UCKK6 modem from here, see if that fixes your problem.

EDIT: Of course, you'll need a Gingerbread kernel that includes CWM to flash a modem. If you don't have one, Entropy's Daily Driver will work just fine, just flash the kernel using Mobile Odin (which of course requires root).

Last edited:

TiCaLuVeR

Oct 19, 2011
Fullerton, CA
A bit of background:

I rooted and installed the stock ICS leak firmware. After seeing some stability problems I wanted to go back to stock and unroot. I used Entropy512's "Kernel + cache + rooted UCKK6 system package" to return to stock then removed the root files (su, Superuser.apk, etc.)

However, now I will randomly lose my connection to the AT&T network. I have plenty of signal (4-5 bars usually - good coverage, I'm in the Boston area) but the "H" or "H+" will disappear and my phone acts as if it isn't connected. Checking Settings -> About phone -> Status shows "Mobile network state" as "Disconnected".

Usually if I enter airplane mode, then turn off airplane mode, it gets back on the network, but only temporarily.

I had a similar issue back in February. I thought it was a modem issue (it wasn't) . I finally gave up on trying to fix it myself so I simply re-flashed the stock Rom (no root) and took it back to at&t for warranty service. I made sure I had my flash counter set to zero. Once I was at at&t they said that it was a problem with my antenna so they gave me a new phone right on the spot. I went strait to an at&t warranty/repair center. I hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

rav4kar

Oct 30, 2011
Edison, NJ
If you connect to WiFi, your network data is not used, rather your voice still active and "Mobile network state" will show as "Disconnected".

From your OP, "Mobile network state" as "Disconnected". -- > indicates your Data network such as UMTS/HSPA/HSDPA is disconnected ( as you are connected to home or office WiFi or at&t's WiFi hotspot), but you are still connected to at&t network for voice.

If you turn off your WiFi and "Mobile network state" does not change to "connected"..then it's a problem.

Reactions: thinksincode

thinksincode

Apr 17, 2012
If you connect to WiFi, your network data is not used, rather your voice still active and "Mobile network state" will show as "Disconnected".

From your OP, "Mobile network state" as "Disconnected". -- > indicates your Data network such as UMTS/HSPA/HSDPA is disconnected ( as you are connected to home or office WiFi or at&t's WiFi hotspot), but you are still connected to at&t network for voice.

If you turn off your WiFi and "Mobile network state" does not change to "connected"..then it's a problem.

I made sure to keep my WiFi turned off for this test, so it's not that. Now that I'm home from work I'm going to try flashing the proper modem and see if that helps. Thanks!

mgd76

Feb 23, 2012
Foxborough, MA
If you want stock, do Entropy's one click. If you like the kk6 radio, use the radio only. Stay away from UCKK6 firmware.

If you want stable ics, try cm9. (Entropy's return to stock with root, then cm9...)

Last edited:

elhippo

Jun 6, 2008
I had the same problem with uclc2. I gave up trying to figure out why it was broken and decided to switch back to uckh7.

For some reason I had weird packet loss problems until I wiped the cache after flashing the uckh7. Could be unrelated, but doesn't hurt to try.

thinksincode

Apr 17, 2012
After testing for a couple of days, I am happy to report that fixing the modem has solved my problem!

Was able to stream Rdio in the car the whole way to work today with no hiccups.

Thanks to all who helped out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

ravimukala

May 21, 2012
India
how to change network type

in i777 how to change network type like 3g to 2g.... because using 2g will gives good battery backup...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.