[Q] At&t optimus g e970 network connection issues

Search This thread

alimzia

Mar 24, 2013
Kleve
Okay first of all I am sorry if this is not the correct thread to be posting this question.
I have an At&t optimus g and I have been using it in Pakistan for quite some time now, and it worked flawlessly without any major problems. However, now in Canada the same phone doesnt receive network coverage and the service providor says that the connection fequency is not compatible with the phone.

Also, I rooted and bootloader unlocked my LGOG recently using FreeGee but ended up softbricking it, then later using teenybins I did recover it and flash the stock firmware. But I did not flash a baseband (dont know if i need to).

So, I think its either the baseband or radio (some regional problem) causing this problem but have no clue which one it actually is. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.

jawad1021

May 25, 2013
How did you unbrick it?

Okay first of all I am sorry if this is not the correct thread to be posting this question.
I have an At&t optimus g and I have been using it in Pakistan for quite some time now, and it worked flawlessly without any major problems. However, now in Canada the same phone doesnt receive network coverage and the service providor says that the connection fequency is not compatible with the phone.

Also, I rooted and bootloader unlocked my LGOG recently using FreeGee but ended up softbricking it, then later using teenybins I did recover it and flash the stock firmware. But I did not flash a baseband (dont know if i need to).

So, I think its either the baseband or radio (some regional problem) causing this problem but have no clue which one it actually is. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.

I softbricked it and went through every trick here at xda but could not unbrick it, did not find the compatible lgnpst. Any way had to finally go to karachi mobilr market and get it done. Hope you find a solution , but do keep us updated.

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012

What band does the carrier use? (850, 1900, 2100, etc) it could be a compatibility issue with the carrier.

alimzia

Mar 24, 2013
Kleve
What band does the carrier use? (850, 1900, 2100, etc) it could be a compatibility issue with the carrier.

This is what I found out
The wind mobile network uses a frequency called AWS, with bands 1700/2100. The LGOG can support both these frequencies, i doubt it is a compatibility issue.
Or is it possible that currently it has no baseband whatsoever, and that i need to flash one? Really confused.. :(

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
This is what I found out
The wind mobile network uses a frequency called AWS, with bands 1700/2100. The LGOG can support both these frequencies, i doubt it is a compatibility issue.
Or is it possible that currently it has no baseband whatsoever, and that i need to flash one? Really confused.. :(

you could try flashing at&t jellybean radio(it's here in the forum)

alimzia

Mar 24, 2013
Kleve
TeenyBins!

I softbricked it and went through every trick here at xda but could not unbrick it, did not find the compatible lgnpst. Any way had to finally go to karachi mobilr market and get it done. Hope you find a solution , but do keep us updated.

I used the e970 teenybin fix with tSilenzio's Automated LGNPST and the ls970 dll. However that did not cut it for me and I had to go ahead and use the "teenybin(AltBin)" which fortunately got me as far as the recovery. From there, obviously, I was able to flash roms.
Hope this helps.

DeathmonkeyGTX

Oct 15, 2007
Little Rock, AR
Op, try flashing the stock att JB radio. If you were using it overseas then it's already unlocked, should work fine for 2g and 3g in Canada.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app