Has anyone tried the back cover from cellphone-parts on eBay?

Search This thread

mac00attack

Jun 28, 2014
I just got my back cover from cell-phone parts EBAY store.

The listing said:

You are buying 1 PC of: LG G3 D850 D851 D855 VS985 LS990 Back Cover Battery Door, Silk White, Verizon (Exact as Picture)

The photo shown had 4 contacts indicating wireless charging would be included. The one I got today only has 2 contacts which is the exact same as the back cover I currently have on my T-mobile LG G3.

I just emailed the seller to see if they will resolve this issue otherwise I might have to take advantage of Ebay's money back guarantee policy.

mm1030

Apr 16, 2010

The listing said:

You are buying 1 PC of: LG G3 D850 D851 D855 VS985 LS990 Back Cover Battery Door, Silk White, Verizon (Exact as Picture)

The photo shown had 4 contacts indicating wireless charging would be included. The one I got today only has 2 contacts which is the exact same as the back cover I currently have on my T-mobile LG G3.

I just emailed the seller to see if they will resolve this issue otherwise I might have to take advantage of Ebay's money back guarantee policy.

I just received mine today like you did and have the same problem! I'm so pissed right now. I emailed him too. Please let me know what he tells you.

Berzerker7

Jan 17, 2010
I just received mine today like you did and have the same problem! I'm so pissed right now. I emailed him too. Please let me know what he tells you.

Same. 2 contacts. I'm starting to wonder if they just lied. I'm keeping on the case until I either get the right part or my money back.

brie987

The listing said:

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME TODAY. I just received my order from this Seller. I bought the gold back with NFC+Qi, I even emailed them before buying stating my phone was the D851 and I need the four contact cover for NFC+Qi. They sent me a very cheery reply saying this is what I asked for and indeed it was. WELL. Just got my order today and the only thing right is the colour. It only has two contacts and to rub it in it has VERIZON blazing on the back :crying:. I emailed them right after around noon today but no reply. Sadly if I do not hear from them tomorrow I will have to file an "Open Case" with them. I hope they are nice.

Last edited:

ChrisTahoe

Nov 11, 2012
Mine just showed up today too while I was at work. These posts had me worried so I had my wife check. The one I received does indeed have the 4 contacts, so hopefully you guys can get yours fixed easily enough.

Attachments

• download_20140725_144344.jpeg
    download_20140725_144344.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
If it says it's the Verizon version, then it makes sense that it only has 2 contacts. The seller likely has no idea that some come with Qi and some don't and didn't take a different picture of the inside. Ask for an exchange for a version with 4 contacts because they definitely carry them.

vlcano57

May 12, 2007
Mooresville
Went to buy mine today and they raised the price to 135 dollars. Theyre a bunch of fu***** crooks. Picking up my plug and putting it in a hole at the bottom of the phone is not a justifiable reason to spend 135 dollars. Hopefully not a single person will buy one at that price and they will drop it back. I also noticed another seller from hong kong pulled their listing when I went to buy that too. I'll keep my eyes peeled but looks like I'll forgo the feature until these become reasonably priced again.

iazybandit

Jul 21, 2014
www.1kindphotography.com
Went to buy mine today and they raised the price to 135 dollars. Theyre a bunch of fu***** crooks. Picking up my plug and putting it in a hole at the bottom of the phone is not a justifiable reason to spend 135 dollars. Hopefully not a single person will buy one at that price and they will drop it back. I also noticed another seller from hong kong pulled their listing when I went to buy that too. I'll keep my eyes peeled but looks like I'll forgo the feature until these become reasonably priced again.
They raise the price as an indication that it is not available. Sellers do this rather than end the auction and having to relist. It's time consuming and it probably affects their listing limit every time they relist a new auction

brie987

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME TODAY. I just received my order from this Seller. I bought the gold back with NFC+Qi, I even emailed them before buying stating my phone was the D851 and I need the four contact cover for NFC+Qi. They sent me a very cheery reply saying this is what I asked for and indeed it was. WELL. Just got my order today and the only thing right is the colour. It only has two contacts and to rub it in it has VERIZON blazing on the back :crying:. I emailed them right after around noon today but no reply. Sadly if I do not hear from them tomorrow I will have to file an "Open Case" with them. I hope they are nice.

UPDATE: So they contacted me and apologized and asked if I could send them pictures of the item to make sure it is theirs and it is in fact the wrong item. I did. They contacted me again and apologized and said they did send me the wrong item and ask that I mail it back for an exchange for the correct item.(on my dime obviously, although it was more than a dime) I did. They received it a couple days ago but I have not heard back from them regarding the shipping of the correct item. They communicate well but lets see how they are with their follow through.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got the white one from cellphone parts and I can confirm Qi wireless charging on my D851.

Same here. I bought the white one for my D851 (T-Mo) G3 and it works perfectly on all my Qi charging pads. Appears to be OEM - made by LG - based on my non-scientific eye scan compared to the OEM cover that came on my phone. Very high quality material, but wish it was black. When I bought mine last week, the seller only had white and gold covers with the LG logo and a couple of black covers with the verizon logo (no thanks!). Anyway, buy without worry....Qi works on the TMo variant of the G3.
    Peeling the sticker...easy to do or dangerous??? (like I said before, not receive yet my g3)
    If you think that's easy. I will order here the black one...http://www.rbconnective.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=93_216

Years ago myself and a friend peel the sticker from the back of a palm pre and wired up my HTC Evo so It would have wireless charging. It wasn't to difficult to peel up....the hard part was soldering the wires.

No soldering here needed so I would think it is just peel and stick....

what's the worse that happens?