Non-US Chromecast Firmware Survey

Search This thread

ddggttff3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2009
Minnesota
Hello,

I am doing a bit of research, and was wondering if I could get some people to tell me what firmware version their chromecasts come shipped with.

If you have a new in-box chromecast, the best way to do this is:

1. Unbox the chromecast, and plug it into power.
  2. Connect to the chromecast AP network (named ChromecastXXXX) from a laptop or mobile device. Do not setup the chromecast with the setup application!
  3. Visit the following URL from the machine that is connected to the chromecast:
    Code:
    http://192.168.255.249:8008/setup/eureka_info?options=detail
    and report back the build_version number it shows on the first line.

NOTE: If you have a device that was already setup using the chromecast setup application, then the device has taken a google OTA update, and will not help with my sample.

If you want to help, please report back the firmware version using the method above, plus the first 4 digits/letters of your serial #, as well as the country you purchased the device from.

Thank you very much!

persianrisk

Oct 12, 2013
Ok I bought mine from Canada or amazon.ca
The first four digits of the SN is 4111
The build number is 15098
Any hope of root

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ddggttff3

mvgnzls

Jul 29, 2014
Chromecast Version + Serial

Hello,

I am doing a bit of research, and was wondering if I could get some people to tell me what firmware version their chromecasts come shipped with.

2. Connect to the chromecast AP network (named ChromecastXXXX) from a laptop or mobile device. Do not setup the chromecast with the setup application!
  3. Visit the following URL from the machine that is connected to the chromecast:
    Code:

NOTE: If you have a device that was already setup using the chromecast setup application, then the device has taken a google OTA update, and will not help with my sample.

If you want to help, please report back the firmware version using the method above, plus the first 4 digits/letters of your serial #, as well as the country you purchased the device from.

Thank you very much!
(I have just took back my chromecast I bought last week and exchanged for a brand new in the box)
I have used your method and my Chromecast version Out of the box: 12940
The barcode serial number on the box is SN: 3C23101UB876 and M: H2G2-42
I live in Riverside, California United States
I hope this helps!! Thank you for all your help.

Reactions: ddggttff3

miniminus

Feb 20, 2012
Not sure your still after this info ! but was looking for info to find what build i was on, and found this so thankyou ..

Mines Brand new, its had NO OTA update (it wants to do one thou!)
im in the UK (GB ) and was brought £18 from Tesco just this week (25 august2014)

"build_version" is "15098"
first 4 digits of my serial are 4213 ...

hope this helps in some way !
anything else i can help with please ask ! ... im waiting to get a device to root it, so wont be updated dfor a bit as yet ...

Cheers again ...

Last edited:
Hello,

Code:

Thank you very much!

My Chromecast arrived today! Here's something for you.

Firmware version : 12940
First 4 digits/letters of serial # : 3C20

Glad to help!

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Google's getting more aggressive on updates. One of the recent Chromecast app updates now forces a firmware check and update during the setup process.

verbage

Aug 12, 2014
Seems like this might not be of use anymore, but here's info from my CC:
FW build: 15098
Ser.: 4915
Purchased in US (Black Friday at Target B&M)

nor-ric

Jul 9, 2012
My Chromecast serial number starts with 4126. The firmware build is 15098. The country code is "GB".

nor-ric

Jul 9, 2012
Another Chromecast with firmware 15098 and country code "GB". The serial starts with 4126.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Code:

Thank you very much!
    Ok I bought mine from Canada or amazon.ca
    The first four digits of the SN is 4111
    The build number is 15098
    Any hope of root

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    SN: 4205
    Purchased from Spain (google play)
    Firmware build it came with: 15098
    I bought my chromecast from France
    SN: 4205
    The firmware version is : 15098