So confused now... Bricked? Not bricked? Please help?

Search This thread

revcrpb

Nov 28, 2012
OK, so here is the current situation. I've been searching, reading, and following different recovery procedures, but nothing seems to be working as it should, so now I'm posting here to get some guidance as to how to proceed.

I have a Verizon VS980. I had Malladus ROM 1.2.4 with furnace 0.1.0 kernel installed. I have Philz Touch recovery. I wanted to try out Sliding Lockscreen, but when I got installed and tried to reboot, my phone went into a boot loop. I booted to recovery and tried to restore a backup, but it said it couldn't find any backups... although I did have backups. This is when I started getting confused. I tried wiping cache and dalvik, no effect. I read through a bunch of threads here, tried a bunch of things that worked for other people, etc. Finally said screw it and did a factory reset through Philz. No joy. Tried several different methods to revert to stock. No joy. Oy vey.

So now the bottom line is it only gets to the LG screen with the LED doing its color changing thing, and thats it. Stops there. I CAN boot to Philz Touch recovery by power+vol. down, go through the factory hard reset menu, then it gets to Philz. Now, there has got to be a way to regain my phone from here. Like I said, I tried the 2 different methods to revert to stock... I can get all the way to the point it supposed to start flashing the stock ROM with the tot file method, but it just doesn't start flashing the ROM when its supposed to. Is there a way I can get a ROM from my computer to the phone? When I enter download mode (vol. up while plugging in USB), it says updating firmware, warns not to unplug while its updating, but its not doing anything at all, and at the bottom of the screen in a box it says something like "b100" in the top left corner of the box, and "ROOTED" in red letters at the bottom.

So, what in sam hell is going on with my phone, and how do I fix it? Is there a way to get either the stock ROM or Malladus from my computer to the phone so I can re-flash? I'm thinking thats all I need to do to get out of this.

Please... someone help a totally confused and now smartphone deprived guy? Please? :)

jaidev.s

Nov 27, 2011
Dude, are u running the flash tool on pc while trying to flash stock rom? Just booting into download mode won't help. Or u can transfer a rom to a USB drive, connect it to ur mobile via OTG cable and then flash the rom via recovery

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

revcrpb

Nov 28, 2012
Dude, are u running the flash tool on pc while trying to flash stock rom? Just booting into download mode won't help. Or u can transfer a rom to a USB drive, connect it to ur mobile via OTG cable and then flash the rom via recovery

I was able to revert to stock. After stepping away from the computer and phone, taking a cig break and a few deep breaths, I reread the tot revert instructions for 127th time. Found my mistake... I kept forgetting to change the com port to 41. Did that, revert worked just like it was supposed to for people who are not blind idiots who miss crucial little tidbits like that. I can't believe I kept missing that. COM Port 41 is ingrained in my memory forever. I may have to get a tattoo of it now. :eek:

I went so crazy trying to find the solution (yeah, didn't think of a flash drive either) because I was so determined not to have to resort to posting in the forum. The moment I give up... boom, I figure it out. Live and learn.....

Well, on to re-rooting the phone, re-flashing Malladus, and re-downloading all my crap...

jaidev.s

Nov 27, 2011
Lol, happy to know that ur phone is back working, cheers mate