Need help fixing /datadata in 4.4.3

Search This thread

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Thanks for the links. Will be checking it out since I hate having to revert back to GB to play the 1 game I liked.

So I clean flashed 6/26 last night and started cache apps to SD...
Now it's working. It looks like it has migrated about 70mb, mostly Facebook crap, to the external SD.

Sent from my thumb magnet

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403952488475.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403952488475.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 61

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's this:

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/39718-workaround-for-small-datadata-partition/

This brings the contents of /data/data back into the fold (not it's own partition). I guess it was split originally (not sure when) to avoid lag, but it doesn't really make sense for this phone because it's all on the same internal SD card.

EDIT: There is also the Ext4All app that (supposedly) does this for you:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...ks/147112-app-extend-data-data-partition.html
    I think I've found something that works....maybe.
    App is on play store and is called "Cache Apps to SD".
    So far it seems to be doing what I need it to by moving data from /datadata to my external 4GB SD card.
    Why external? Idk... can't be very secure in the case of someone stealing your phone and getting private data from the external SD... but it seems to be doing something good.

Sent from my forehead using Jedi mind tricks... ;)
    Guys, can you tell me on how to use this app? Thanks. :D

It's straightforward in theory, but setting it up might be a little tough.
    First pic shows my setting. I have it set up to use /storage/sdcard1, which is a class 4 4gb card... Nothing fancy and it works really well so far.
    Second screen shows any extra settings, which all I have is to hide the notification when it's done starting up.

Fairly simple to use.
    You'll notice that it will make a folder on the SD for itself and start putting data into it.

about the class of the sdcard.....whats the internal sdcard class...cause my external 32gb is class 10.....

Class 10 is perfectly fine. It won't use the entire 32gb, of course...
    I'm just using the class 4 card and I notice no loss in performance.