Play On APK

Search This thread

slatonyam

May 12, 2010
Here is the Play On app. I have not yet tested it on my NC because it is dead and I am at work. It does work on my Droid however.

Attachments

• com.playon.playonapp.rar
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,549
Reactions: Link3737

Link3737

Jul 25, 2010
I read that this requires a $14.99 subscription.

Is there a free trial or something like that? Flash video playback hasn't been top notch for me so far, and I don't want to pay $15 for something I won't be able to use.

Thanks for the upload :D

Edit: Went to playon.tv and downloaded the free 14-day trial they had there.

Last edited:

tunwear

Aug 28, 2010
"PlayOn is a software program that runs on your Windows PC, giving you access to a wide range of Internet content on your TV -- Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon VOD, and many others"

If you're wating Netflix, do you also need a netflix account, or is it included in playon?

therealguppy

Oct 27, 2010
For those still unaware, the trial is here: http://www.playon.tv/download

Go here for the official purchase details: http://www.playon.tv/purchase/

You must have meant $39.99 (1st year / $19.99 per year thereafter) or $79.99 for the life of the product.

I can get a Lifetime for 56$ due to being a legacy Customer, that had bought the original version. I'm kinda Mad at my self when the new pay format came out they offered me Lifetime for 39$ and I passed it up. O well time to pay the piper.

therealguppy

Oct 27, 2010
"PlayOn is a software program that runs on your Windows PC, giving you access to a wide range of Internet content on your TV -- Hulu, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon VOD, and many others"

If you're wating Netflix, do you also need a netflix account, or is it included in playon?

You will need a Netflix Account.

Ready2Mosh

Jun 18, 2007
I can get a Lifetime for 56$ due to being a legacy Customer, that had bought the original version. I'm kinda Mad at my self when the new pay format came out they offered me Lifetime for 39$ and I passed it up. O well time to pay the piper.

Yeah, but they offered lifetime before this version of playon and then made them pay for this version, so lifetime isn't really lifetime with PlayOn.

kuyote

Jan 28, 2011

I bought the previous lifetime version thinking I wouldn't have to pay again... They are are only a lifetime license for the major version you purchase, any major release in the future and you will have to upgrade again.

bigted41

Dec 24, 2010
sounds like lifetime is a rip then.... so that $79.99 must be only for the version they have right now. new version, new price.

it's kinda lame to put "lifetime price" on a product like this if all they have to do is release a "3.0" version that might not have many upgrades past a visual face lift.

no thank you on this one, neat concept, poor execution.

therealguppy

Oct 27, 2010
They have a Free Premium Preview going on right now, So i though I would try it out, So far have watched some hulu, and Adult swim to great effect.

Quality is not super but very passable. and no real Frame skipping that I can tell.

I made a short vid of the nook playing adult swim on Playon. Sorry about the sound, had TV on in the background
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vq4oqCDs5U

Junishin

Sep 27, 2007
Forgive me. Total Noob.
Didn't realize Nook was 2.1 not 2.2 :(
:(
Once again sorry.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the Play On app. I have not yet tested it on my NC because it is dead and I am at work. It does work on my Droid however.